Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kotty

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
"How to downgrade to iOS 9 on your iPhone or iPad," if you choose "Update" instead of "Restore and Update," it will replace your 9.1 beta OS with the official 9.0 release OS, without deleting any of your user data! In other words, no time-consuming restore from backups are necessary. Once your phone completes the update, all of your data is still in place.

I’m not sure when this new option showed up, but it’s real, and it’s spectacular.

And afterward, if you no longer want to be part of the beta program, or prompted to install the 9.1 beta, delete the profile from your phone: Settings – General – Profile – Select “iOS 9 beta software profile” – choose delete profile.

It didn't work for me =(
iTunes doesn't let me update like that

Reactions: nheilweil

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
I'm looking forward to seeing if the split screen multitasking is made available for devices like the mini 2/3 and air, I know they only have 1GB of ram and might struggle with heavier apps, but I'm sure they would be fine for smaller ones.

Reactions: spinedoc77

nicroma

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Midwest, USA
I'm wondering if this jailbreak was released due to the newest 9.1 beta recently released. Maybe Apple patched the exploits that this 9.0.2 jailbreak uses? Obviously it's pure speculation on my part, but with 9.1 so close it makes me wonder why they would release this now.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I'm wondering if this jailbreak was released due to the newest 9.1 beta recently released. Maybe Apple patched the exploits that this 9.0.2 jailbreak uses? Obviously it's pure speculation on my part, but with 9.1 so close it makes me wonder why they would release this now.
Yes you are right .. Apple patched the exploit used in iOS 9 JB tool. So it makes sense plus with 9.1 so close apple might shutdown 9.0.2 window shortly after.

Sal

nicroma

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Midwest, USA
So, it better to JB now? We might not see soon the JB for iOS 9.1?
Only the Pangu folks would be able to answer that. Maybe they have some other exploits they know of that they are holding onto, but I'm not holding my breath for a 9.1 jailbreak to be released instantly. From what I've read though, this jailbreak does not work with the 9.1 beta, so it seems to have been patched.

I just downgraded from the latest 9.1 beta to 9.0.2 and jailbroke my 6S+ on 9.0.2.

Reactions: AGuerrav

AGuerrav

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Medellin, Colombia
Only the Pangu folks would be able to answer that. Maybe they have some other exploits they know of that they are holding onto, but I'm not holding my breath for a 9.1 jailbreak to be released instantly. From what I've read though, this jailbreak does not work with the 9.1 beta, so it seems to have been patched.

I just downgraded from the latest 9.1 beta to 9.0.2 and jailbroke my 6S+ on 9.0.2.

Impressions on the JB will be appreciated, I have the same phone

tirexstorm

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
I am currently on a JB iPhone 6 running 8.4. Can I update to 9.0.2 OTA, then jailbreak, or is it necessary to restore as new?

b0fh666

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
south
I am currently on a JB iPhone 6 running 8.4. Can I update to 9.0.2 OTA, then jailbreak, or is it necessary to restore as new?

OTA on a JB iphone == FAIL

restore as new. backup first.

impressions on the JB? seems to be going well for everybody.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Don't do it!! You are going to hate your phones performance and responsiveness IMO! Until they get iOS 9 on par with iOS 8.4 I'll be camping on this version!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.