Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bladery

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
Anyone already updated to 9.3.1 beta 2 and can check if the animation bug still works?

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
from the other thread it sounds as if the bug has been fixed. I'll wait and see but screw them if they fixed the animation bug in this release. What's it really hurting? One has to go out of their way to activate it but it really improves the feel of the user interface. Maybe they should get off their high horses and just make it a setting... If one can't see how much better the iOS device is with this bug active, maybe Apple has a job for you. Zero stability issues here with that performance enhancing bug enabled on my daily driver.

Ok done I'm done with my rant and it's just my fault for sticking with apple products.

Last edited:
Reactions: imagineadam

trifid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 10, 2011
from the other thread it sounds as if the bug has been fixed. I'll wait and see but screw them if they fixed the animation bug in this release. What's it really hurting? One has to go out of their way to activate it but it really improves the feel of the user interface. Maybe they should get off their high horses and just make it a setting... If one can't see how much better the iOS device is with this bug active, maybe Apple has a job for you. Zero stability issues here with that performance enhancing bug enabled on my daily driver.

Ok done I'm done with my rant and it's just my fault for sticking with apple products.

Nooooo!!! I can't live without that bug, it's too great, it makes iOS so fast.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

I know a lot of people that prefer the movement and zooming animations and actually do not want to disable or change them as it just wouldn't look as nice for them, and part of the iOS experience for them is the look and feel and not necessrily the millisecond responsiveness that many of them don't even notice or care about. None of that is to say that an option beyond the reduce animation that's there wouldn't be good, but it's to say that for many users (in particular many typical users) animations and movement are part of what they actually want/like.

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Update: if you have jailbroken your iOS 9 device, it is possible to turn off input blocking during animations!

Go ahead and install mikoto, then go to Behaviour -> Turn on "Always Accept Touch".

image.png

This makes my iPad so much more pleasant to use!

Bladery

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
Well, honestly imo there is no difference between iOS 8 and 9 at all or can you show me an example?

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Here we go again. Lol there are videos that show the difference. Check the first post in this thread.

bartekw

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
Guys, as I'm still on 8.4.1 on iPhone 6 due to great responsiveness and no input blocking, I've seen some videos of iOS 10 GM being run on iPhone 6 and I'm quite surprised.

Is the input blocking gone for good? On the video I can clearly see you can now press the home button much faster and the app will close immediately. What about the other apps? Like the alarm app. On iOS 8, I can immediately click edit and then click on the alarm I want to edit and its just instant. On iOS 9 I always had to wait and double click which made me furious. The same thing with all the animations making the phone seems sluggish and me tapping every icon twice...

I'm a very fast user and I'm really used to the fluency and speed of iOS 8. Is it the same on iOS 10? on iOS 9 it certainly was not.

Anyone installed the GM yet on iPhone 6? How is it?

flori13

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Guys, as I'm still on 8.4.1 on iPhone 6 due to great responsiveness and no input blocking, I've seen some videos of iOS 10 GM being run on iPhone 6 and I'm quite surprised.

Is the input blocking gone for good? On the video I can clearly see you can now press the home button much faster and the app will close immediately. What about the other apps? Like the alarm app. On iOS 8, I can immediately click edit and then click on the alarm I want to edit and its just instant. On iOS 9 I always had to wait and double click which made me furious. The same thing with all the animations making the phone seems sluggish and me tapping every icon twice...

I'm a very fast user and I'm really used to the fluency and speed of iOS 8. Is it the same on iOS 10? on iOS 9 it certainly was not.

i have the gm on my iphone 6 and i have mixed experiences. app closing is AWESOME, but some things like your click edit and change an alarm is as slow as on iOS9

bartekw

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
Any other places it sucks? God damn, what's wrong with Apple. How hard it is to make the god damn thing fast again.

flori13

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Any other places it sucks? God damn, what's wrong with Apple. How hard it is to make the god damn thing fast again.
the whole phone feels faster because you see the open/close animation of apps many many times each day. this is a huge plus.
but in the hidden corners of the OS its still as bad as before. not even hidden and a huge pain in the ass is the input lag in the music app. everytime you rate a song with an heart or add a song to the next section- a frickin window pops up which tells you the same information every damn time and lasts for solid 2 seconds. input in this time is a hit or miss, sometimes you can interact with the background-other times you can't. which makes this even more worse

trifid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 10, 2011

Animations are slightly faster but input-blocking is alive and well in iOS10 unfortunately. I'm still constantly double-triple-tapping app icons with reduced motion on.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Animations are slightly faster but input-blocking is alive and well in iOS10 unfortunately. I'm still constantly double-triple-tapping app icons with reduced motion on.
I'm surprised people still haven't adjusted to the speed at which it all works. I'm not saying it's good or right or anything like that, simply that given what it is after all this time seems like most would adjust simply through regular use and muscle memory (which happened to me back in iOS 7 days coming from iOS 6 and earlier versions).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.