Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlasherMCT

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
Mine has F in the 4th place but I don't have backlight bleed.

Me too, looks great - do lots of reading at night in the dark and no problems at all.

Had my iPad2 for 3 weeks or so now and after a rash of games playing it has settled into being a web browsing and reading device for me mostly.

Used iMovie to edit video from the iPhone 4 - bit of a faff getting it on there and iMovie annoys me by asking me to turn on location services before it will do anything. But it made a nice video - really glad I bought the 64GB version. Must try tethering to the iphone sometime.

Solar System app is great stuff, particularly the orrery.

It is definitely worth waiting for the device :D:D:D:D
Good luck all! There is a reason they are in short supply - people want them!

p.s. The Guardian reviewed the Xoom - decided iPad 2 better....

Dunkrag

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Yay! Mine finally shipped from Apple. Delivery on 3rd May. Ordered on 7th April. Been a long wait.

Well, mine actually arrived yesterday - nice not to have to wait until 3rd.

No bleeding thankfully - 4th letter F in the serial number.

I love the feeling of it more than version one. The rounded corners just sit more comfortably in the hands.

The camera is hugely grainy - not very impressed with that, although I can't really see where I would use it much anyway.

It's zippier when browsing around the internet and I think the speaker pumps out a bit more volume.

Overall though, it very much feels like a baby step in terms of progress, I think iPad3 is going to be a much bigger leap in terms of what the device can offer.

Still waiting on my Red smart cover :|

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Judging by that iPad-stock website and the conversation I had with an Apple employee in the Manc store, it's practically non-existant at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if it all picks up again after May day bank holiday.

I've given up on buying one off the shelf, ordered a black 64gb 3G from Apple this morning, expected May 18th.

I suppose if they magically appeared in stores next week I could buy one and cancel my Apple order, but I'll probably just wait it out now.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
w00t w00t! As I've said a couple of posts ago, I ordered a 64gb 3G from Apple yesterday, expected May 18th.

Just noticed that Argos briefly (now gone) had them in stock, placed my order, due tomorrow between 0700 and 1500 :) :)

Believe it when I see it though, hmm. Gonna hold off canceling my Apple order till I have it have it my sweaty hands.

jellybean

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2006
Ordered mine yesterday from Apple's online store, a 16gb white WiFi-only. Despatch date is 12th May, delivery date 18th. It's gonna be a long couple of weeks :D

jellybean

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2006
I've just noticed expansys.co.uk seem to have them in stock, with "next day" delivery available (working days only - so that means next Tuesday), but they're selling them at a £100 premium :eek:

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Sorry for double post but....

My Argos order from yesterday lunch time, black 64gb 3G, arrived about an hour ago :). So glad I had a quick look on the ipad-stock website and immediately ordered, my Apple order (now cancelled) was due May 18th!

The good news is, so far, I haven't detected any dead pixels. Bad news, there is some noticable backlight bleed, not as bad as some I've seen in the other big thread and largely unnoticable but on 75%+ brightness black scenes, but it's there . Whether I'm gonna change it out when stocks are better at some point is discussion for the other thread.

Overall, me happy :)

Oh yeah, what acts as the receipt in the case of this Argos order? The label on the package says "please keep", but should I also be printing something off from my emails? Quick check off the correspondence, none of it looks like it'd act as a receipt. I'm thinking mainly about the possibility of taking it to the Apple store at a future time you see.

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Picked up black 64gb 3G this morning from Apple Westfield.
There is some bleed on the side but not sure if i will get it changed.

Have now cancelled my online order that was due to ship May 4th.
Syncing now from backup from ipad 1 and its taking ageeeeesssssssssss!

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
unless returning for a refund you won't need the receipt just take it to apple who will swap your ipad out.

They have all the info they need in the serial number

Thanks. Jury's out whether the bleed is actually enough to make me want a replacement, I'll only discover that through usage, but it's nice to know it's an option.

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
Thanks. Jury's out whether the bleed is actually enough to make me want a replacement, I'll only discover that through usage, but it's nice to know it's an option.

I too have it and am not sure what to do, it currently doesn't interfere with my usage of the iPad so I will hold on a bit and take it in if it starts to annoy me.

nuttyboy78

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
For those of you frantically looking to buy an iPad 2, I walked into the Apple store at Bristol Cribbs Causeway and they had loads in stock. Also the new Best Buy that opened today in Cribbs has quite a few.

sochet

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2006
I've just noticed expansys.co.uk seem to have them in stock, with "next day" delivery available (working days only - so that means next Tuesday), but they're selling them at a £100 premium :eek:

If Apple find out they're screwed. Apple are VERY strict about what price their goods are sold at.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Hi everyone, not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else but T-Mobile are doing a mico sim only deal for iPhone 4 where you get 12 months free internet, limited to 500mb per month.

I've bought 2 of these and they work perfectly in iPads. All you do is insert the sim into your iPad or iPhone 4 and call T mobile (landline, mobile, twitter) and ask them to activate your free 12 months internet. Once they have activated it you will receive a text letting you know its been activated.

I know 500mb is little but for a one off £10 (which you still keep as a top up) its quite a good deal.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/iphone/micro-sim/

Online its £15 but if you walk into any T-mobile store you only pay for the £10 top up. Just don't tell them its for your Ipad

Hi there. Following your advise, I bought one of these micro-sims today. Data is working on my iPad but I haven't rang them yet to activate the free internet. Which number do I ring from a landline? Can't seem to find it on the website.

I notice that I've already spent £1.00 on 1496kb of data (by registering with My T-Mobile) so I definitely need to activate something with them.

Cheers.

geckodelta

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2011
I ordered mine early april.. due to be delivered tomorrow via ups.. excited now lets just hope it turns up :D

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Hi there. Following your advise, I bought one of these micro-sims today. Data is working on my iPad but I haven't rang them yet to activate the free internet. Which number do I ring from a landline? Can't seem to find it on the website.

I notice that I've already spent £1.00 on 1496kb of data (by registering with My T-Mobile) so I definitely need to activate something with them.

Cheers.

Its on the T-Mobile contact us home page located at the end of the page 0845 412 5000

You will need to call and ask them to activate the 12 months internet or it will keep charging your pay go £1 per day and you wont get the broadband speed.

I just got got my iPad 2 over the weekend and using the activated sim with it no problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.