Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
After weeks of searching, I've decided to order my iPad from Apple.

A iPad WiFI + 3G 64gb Black, with a black leather smart cover. All I have to do now is to wait a month for it to be shipped; but, I have Portal 2 and Crysis 2 to keep me sane.

Attachments

• Boop.jpeg
    Boop.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 171

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Happy Easter everyone ;)

I'm sitting outside, and I see seagulls and crows.... :eek. The BBQ isn't even until later.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Ordered on the 9th of April and it shipped the other day and will be delivered on Tuesday.

Was originally meant to ship on the 2nd of May and delivery on the 6th of May but shipped early and it is in Dubai at the minute :)

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
Hi everyone, not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else but T-Mobile are doing a mico sim only deal for iPhone 4 where you get 12 months free internet, limited to 500mb per month.

I've bought 2 of these and they work perfectly in iPads. All you do is insert the sim into your iPad or iPhone 4 and call T mobile (landline, mobile, twitter) and ask them to activate your free 12 months internet. Once they have activated it you will receive a text letting you know its been activated.

I know 500mb is little but for a one off £10 (which you still keep as a top up) its quite a good deal.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/iphone/micro-sim/

Online its £15 but if you walk into any T-mobile store you only pay for the £10 top up. Just don't tell them its for your Ipad

Can I just confirm this:
- You pay £10 once, and you'll get 12 months free internet, with no need to pay another £10 each month?
- If I put the SIM straight into my iPad and then ring them to activate the 12 months free internet, I'll receive a text on my iPad (AKA: Will the text appear on my iPad?)

Thanks?

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Can I just confirm this:
- You pay £10 once, and you'll get 12 months free internet, with no need to pay another £10 each month?
- If I put the SIM straight into my iPad and then ring them to activate the 12 months free internet, I'll receive a text on my iPad (AKA: Will the text appear on my iPad?)

Thanks?

Yes its a one off £10. Yep you put it in your iPad call T-mobile and ask them to activate it. They might ask you send a text to FREE12MONTHWEB to 441.

You will receive a one off text notification on your iPad saying you have free internet.

There is a way you can check to see your balance via Sim applications on the iPad. Its somewhere in the settings.

shifty27

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2010
Has anyone been managing to get an Ipad 2 (with 3g) by just walking in to stores in London....

I.e Currys, pc world, Apple, John lewis etc

:confused::confused:??

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I now have a shiny new iPad 2, black, 16GB, WiFi, from Argos. DGS (PCW/Currys/Dixons) failed to deliver.

steve10172

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
London UK
I now have a shiny new iPad 2, black, 16GB, WiFi, from Argos. DGS (PCW/Currys/Dixons) failed to deliver.

I am glad that you got your iPad 2.
Looking at your posts, you waited a long time.
I got mine via reservation on Apple Store Bluewater on 4th April.
Contrary to posts about light bleed, I think I am lucky that my iPad doesn't have any.
BTW mine is 64Gb WiFi 3G White and 4th digit of serial number is "F".

sochet

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2006
Contrary to posts about light bleed, I think I am lucky that my iPad doesn't have any.

What does the serial number denote? Mine is an F too.

Dunmail

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2009
Skipton, UK
Also on another thread it was said that the "f" is simply an indicator of when the device was made. In this case it means the first quarter of 2011

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
To be fair, which the F does not tell you a lot, it will tell you when you don't have the F you will know 100% for sure it's one of the very latest models from the 2nd quarter. So if we get new non F models and the backlight issue is still there, then without question Apple has not sorted the problem. At the moment, it's not very easy to be sure when your one was made.

steve10172

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
London UK
To be fair, which the F does not tell you a lot, it will tell you when you don't have the F you will know 100% for sure it's one of the very latest models from the 2nd quarter. So if we get new non F models and the backlight issue is still there, then without question Apple has not sorted the problem. At the moment, it's not very easy to be sure when your one was made.

Agree with what you say

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London

Thanks.

Tomorrow will mark 1 month to which I ordered an iPad from PCWorld. It has been cancelled.

I'll check mine for light bleed, but I don't see any dead pixels or any other issues with it presently.

Good luck! :)

EDIT: There is VERY MINOR light bleed, and it's barely noticeable. My iPad also has the letter F as the fourth in the serial.

sochet

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2006
Mine has *very* minor ones too, the only times I notice it is when I'm watching videos in full screen portrait mode. And even then, only when I'm looking for it! Tbh I don't think it's enough to book a genius appointment, maybe if I feel pedantic. I doubt they have any replacement models anyway.

Journojulz

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2008
Anyone getting news on their red covers?

Had mine on order since launch day - estimated shipping day of Apr 15 came and went without ceremony.

Item still not shipped.

Just phoned up - the "treat me like a real person" automated answer service.

It worked - even though i read out "oh" instead of "zero", Impressed!

It confirmed the screen information that it hasn't shipped but was expected to arrive yesterday.

when i asked for help i got through to a texan called Michlael asked to confirm the last 3 digits of my order and while chatting reminded me we had chatted a month ago about maybe cancelling my order if i got one from elsewhere. He asked if i wanted him to put my note in his diary to check again later this week.

Considering I had given my oeder/postcode to a computer, and only had to repeat 3 digits to a man who was prompted/remembered me - i call that a more than satisfactory encounter with customer services. It just worked - even if the cover is still out of stock.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.