Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
If you're running the Safari plugin Adblock they're showing pictures of cats instead of grayed out areas where ads were.

I'm using Chrome adblock. Same thing. Took me forever to figure out what was up with all the cats on the web today.

----------

Chrome warned me that the Google Nigeria site may be a phishing site.

Zimmer62943

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
is anyone as fooled as i am about these things? hungry hungry hippos, wow, hilarious!!!..... NOT really

sn

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Quite clever to use April fools to test new product concepts. Means they won't lose face if it gets a bad response.

foodog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Usually everything Think Geek comes up with for April Fool's gets made. Remember the iCade Arcade box for the iPad? They sell it on their website and in Best Buys! :D

I was going to say the same thing.... I think they use this day to test the marketability of devices.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Laughed at the google maps one... Especially when looking at Long/Lat 0.00000, 0.00000 and Microsoft in Redmond, WA.

Boggles my mind that someone was paid probably for months coming up with the change that will stay active for two days.

Yes, its awesome!
Just too good to take if off!

TitoC

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
One of my friends sent ThinkGeek a message telling them to put on the Konami code on their site: give it a try (Up up down down left right left right B A Enter)! (It has to do with their hungry-hungry hippos game, but I'll let you see for yourself ;))

Ha! That was excellent! Didn't think anything would happened,but it did. Clever. Very clever indeed.

hippo.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.