Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I got the white one too!! and for your information, Smart Cover Function is working fine!!

Yeah, it works... However, it seems like either the case or the mini is too sensitive with the sleep/wake. If I am hold it close and move it around alittle I can hear the sleep/wake triggering pretty easily.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
That looks exactly like that $5 Poetic case I just ordered from Amazon. It'll be interesting to see the quality comparison once I receive it. The Joy Factory one looks very nice....hopefully the Poetic one is too.

I ordered those as well. I'm pretty sure the Joy Factory is going back.

----------

Not the cheapest, but I just ordered myself a Speck FitFolio case. I was really happy with my Speck Folio case for my iPad2. Hopefully it'll get here quickly.

http://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-mini.html

Yeah, I got the black one for a $1 thanks to another member here. :D

It's ok, but no sleep/wake and was based on leaked iPad mini info. Not worth it for $35 IMO.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1482839/

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Yeah, it works... However, it seems like either the case or the mini is too sensitive with the sleep/wake. If I am hold it close and move it around alittle I can hear the sleep/wake triggering pretty easily.

Mine seem to work fine but I will keep monitoring for that issue.

leitmotif

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2011
I ordered those as well. I'm pretty sure the Joy Factory is going back.

----------

Yeah, I got the black one for a $1 thanks to another member here. :D

It's ok, but no sleep/wake and was based on leaked iPad mini info. Not worth it for $35 IMO.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1482839/

$1?!?! That's crazy! Damn, now I feel ripped off! Not really, but doubting my purchase. Maybe I'll go to Target and see if they have any left. I'm not too concerned about the sleep/wake function unless it will keep the device on regardless of the button being pressed, and subsequently drains the battery. I was just happy with how the Speck case for the iPad2 propped the device for viewing movies or what have you.

maniac886

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
I have just purchased my permanent case. I have bought the SGP Mini Hardbook Case as picture here. I will take some pictures once it arrives.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
$1?!?! That's crazy! Damn, now I feel ripped off! Not really, but doubting my purchase. Maybe I'll go to Target and see if they have any left. I'm not too concerned about the sleep/wake function unless it will keep the device on regardless of the button being pressed, and subsequently drains the battery. I was just happy with how the Speck case for the iPad2 propped the device for viewing movies or what have you.

It's a decent case, but I feel as if it's priced too high considering that it has a pointless cut-out and missing a feature that many like. I am certain we will similar cases from other companies that will probably be priced better and full featured (Switcheasy Canvas comes to mind).

Attachments

• speckfitfolio.jpg
    speckfitfolio.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 109

leitmotif

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2011
It's a decent case, but I feel as if it's priced too high considering that it has a pointless cut-out and missing a feature that many like. I am certain we will similar cases from other companies that will probably be priced better and full featured (Switcheasy Canvas comes to mind).

You bring up a good point. I guess I'll wait til it gets here and then see if I need to return it or not. Thanks for the info and heads up on it. Cheers.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My Joy Factory SmartSuit arrived. Very interesting packaging... View attachment 375906

Mine came today as well - I am incredibly impressed with the fit and finish. It feels very well made and its not bulky by any stretch.

----------

Mine doesn't have that cut out.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Mine came today as well - I am incredibly impressed with the fit and finish. It feels very well made and its not bulky by any stretch.

----------

Mine doesn't have that cut out.

Your FitFolio or JoyFactory? The picture was for the Fit Folio, the Joy Factory does not have this cut out.

briceman

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
So how's the Joy Factory? Ordered one for my wife yesterday (White). Hope it's a good case. Hoping for slim form factor, but also protective. Thanks.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
So how's the Joy Factory? Ordered one for my wife yesterday (White). Hope it's a good case. Hoping for slim form factor, but also protective. Thanks.

It's a decent case, great fit, and sleep/wake works. However, if the Poetic SlimLine case turns out to be similar or very close, then it's hard to justify the $37 price tag.

briceman

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
It's a decent case, great fit, and sleep/wake works. However, if the Poetic SlimLine case turns out to be similar or very close, then it's hard to justify the $37 price tag.

That's true... but I dread the return process.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

Good luck with that. The correct price of $34.99 is now scanning at Target. Congrats to all that got in on the pricing error :D

Last edited:

Applepi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Metagamers just posted a first look at the Poetic Slimline case. It looks very similar to the Apple Smart Case for the 9.7" iPads. I had already pre-ordered the Blue and Black, but it was nice to see a video. Should ship around 11/15 and currently is only $4.95 + FREE S/H on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=poetic%20slimline%20for%20ipad%20mini

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kdg7Zuekc&feature=g-all-u

Thanks for the info. This was too good of a deal to pass up.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Received my Joy Factory SmartSuit Mini in black from MacMall via ShopRunner. As a previous poster mentioned, the packaging is unbelievably excessive and wasteful, but the case itself is perfect for me. Great fit and texture, and the sleep/wake function seems to be working without flaw. For anyone looking for a case similar to Apple's own Smart Case or the original iPad folio case, this is an excellent option.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
That looks exactly like that $5 Poetic case I just ordered from Amazon. It'll be interesting to see the quality comparison once I receive it. The Joy Factory one looks very nice....hopefully the Poetic one is too.

However, the white cover of Poetic will have "Black" Rim on the side. Most of case with "snap to back" design have "Black" on the side, check almost every white case on the market so far. Only Joy Facrotry offer white rim plastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.