Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Just got the speck case from Amazon. Its really nice, great material and a thin profile:

Click Me

Will be returning the Roo case and the TPU case back cover.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Just bought one of these. I'm all about minimalism so I'm quite excited.

http://nedrelow.com/sleeveforipad.html

Cool idea :cool: I like it.
I'm going to get some heavy felt (or other suitable material), fold it, then stitch up the sides ;)

----------

Is it just me, or don't any of you think it may be wise to wait until these sellers at least have held one? :D

I mean, sure they have mock ups, exact measurements, but nevertheless. Perhaps the best case makers hold off for this event.

I, often, make (crochet or sew) my own iPad sleeves and cases. All I need to know are the measurements.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
are you going to charge $40 for your felt too? You could get it if you sew it in different color thread. you know women will buy anything that coordinates with their shoes;) I'm a woman so I'm just saying. lol

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
are you going to charge $40 for your felt too? You could get it if you sew it in different color thread. you know women will buy anything that coordinates with their shoes;) I'm a woman so I'm just saying. lol

Nah, I make them for myself :cool:
Currently crocheting a a gray, Alpaca blend, sleeve for my iPad Mini coming tomorrow. I crocheted a cool multicolor sack (with handles and outside pockets) using ribbon for the iPad 2 I have now. I have also made cases, sacks and sleeves for my iPhones.

touchmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009UY4BZC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

71SySoLRk5L._SL1200_.jpg

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Will Switch Easy come out with a case for teh Ipad mini anytime soon.

In the past how long after a release do they come out with a case.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
I like what I bought. Came same day, almost same time as UPS man.

Bought it from Amazon and it's great.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 215

thephased

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
The smart cover (screen on/off) functionality doesn't seem to be working at all on my Speck Fit Folio mini case. Other than that the case seems ok. I think the sides may have gotten scratched putting the iPad mini in it though. It was a tight fit.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON
The smart cover (screen on/off) functionality doesn't seem to be working at all on my Speck Fit Folio mini case. Other than that the case seems ok. I think the sides may have gotten scratched putting the iPad mini in it though. It was a tight fit.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Photos of the case? Im waiting for my FitFolio and would love to see some photos.

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
I ran out to the Apple store on lunch and glad I did, there were only a few of the black/grey smart covers left.

I initially didn't want a smart cover as I had used one on my iPad 2 and ended up returning it but after thinking about it, I feel it's better suited for the Mini.

I bought some cheap-o TPU back protection for it that was delivered earlier this week (cost me all of $7) and wound up just cutting it to fit the smart cover, which I'll use like this until I can buy a proper back cover that's got the spots for the smart cover.

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
For those of you who have cases or covers with the auto sleep/wake function ... Does it work? I bought the Ionic case and it won't but before returning it, I want to be sure it isn't my iPad Mini that is at fault.

touchmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I have my mini in a one quart zip-lock baggie until my case arrives:D
Perfect fit.
BTW, a one gallon zip-lock is a perfect fit for the iPads.

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton
RooCase showed up, holy crap it smells terrible.

Also I've heard the sleep/wake doesn't work. Not a problem if they ship a replacement soon. Overall, a great case for $9.99, minus the smell of course

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I ordered a WaterField case yesterday for my mini from SfBags.com . The Ultimate Sleeve case. I had one for my big ipad and they are making it now in the mini size. Expensive but well made and worth it. I should have it by the weekend and can post pictures then.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Just got the speck case from Amazon. Its really nice, great material and a thin profile:

Click Me

Will be returning the Roo case and the TPU case back cover.

That's thin? Looking at the photos on Amazon and other sites, it's thick as sh$# lol

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
I just picked up a Targus vuscape and love it . It has a locked in position.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    823.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.