Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deako

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
United Kingdom
Everyone enjoy your black iPad minis today tomorrow. Think of us poor people that ordered white iPad minis with an email confirmation at 8:01am last friday, and still wont have them until the 15th November. :(

Last edited:

Totalkharnage

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Halifax UK
No UPS tracking numbers is making me a bit concerned. Does anyone know when they are usually allocated?

Got a black wifi arriving tomorrow but a friend of mine had a problem with his iPod Touch that was delayed 5 days by UPS so hoping they don't repeat that with me Q

cmykaye

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
No UPS tracking numbers is making me a bit concerned. Does anyone know when they are usually allocated?

Got a black wifi arriving tomorrow but a friend of mine had a problem with his iPod Touch that was delayed 5 days by UPS so hoping they don't repeat that with me Q

Ditto. Surely we should be able to track them by now.

mattyuk

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
Cumbria
I ordered about 8am last Friday, money was taken out and all was well. But I played around with editing the engraving last night and I look on my bank account and I have 351 pounds...what's going on? I have now cancelled it to make sure nothing else gets taken out or whatever. Gonna just buy it near Christmas in my local town centre

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
What is going on with the white ones?

Basically the UK got shafted and wasn't allocated any at all, so they won't be turning up until the 15th.

I ordered about 8am last Friday, money was taken out and all was well. But I played around with editing the engraving last night and I look on my bank account and I have 351 pounds...what's going on? I have now cancelled it to make sure nothing else gets taken out or whatever. Gonna just buy it near Christmas in my local town centre

Apple pre-authorise the payment at time of order, but this is released back to your bank after a while. Final payment is taken at shipping.

So basically, you cancelled for no reason :(

BlueHorizonUK

Contributor
Oct 29, 2003
UPS Working!!!

go to track by reference and put your order number in the reference box and country as UK then you will get the UPS tracking number and can track that way

Totalkharnage

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Halifax UK
Just noticed a really cool thing that I've not seen before in the mail app on the iPhone. Emailed the tracking number over to my iPhone and when I click on it, it automatically brings up a pop up that says Track shipment which takes me directly to the UPS website with the latest status.

i might have missed this before but this is awesome. It's always the little things with Apple :)

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Just noticed a really cool thing that I've not seen before in the mail app on the iPhone. Emailed the tracking number over to my iPhone and when I click on it, it automatically brings up a pop up that says Track shipment which takes me directly to the UPS website with the latest status.

i might have missed this before but this is awesome. It's always the little things with Apple :)

I saw that also, nice touch apple.

widestload

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
manchester UK
working for me now too. :D i tried at 1pm and it wasnt, so must have only just happend.

For others the way i got it to work was:

Go to http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

select track by reference from the side menu

leave type as package, put the order number (starting with w4 for me) in the reference box and then change diestination country to UK (i didnt put a postcode in). leave all other fields as they are then track.

It doesnt show much interesting for me so far other than my location, the reference number and that the label has been created

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I'm in France , but I have the shipped email , 8...... , 1Z..... and W..... numbers . I've tried all of them !!!

Gymgenius

Suspended
Jan 29, 2010
For those of you out and about tomorrow, click the 'Request Status Updates' to register an email address or mobile number to receive an alert when your iPad mini gets delivered.

johnorama

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
nice one, got my tracking number as well thanks to that method.

What is the status showing as for you guys? mines showing as "order processed: ready for ups"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.