Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
Not wishing to start a 'gate' problem, just wondering what screen evenness is like on these new iPads from owners perspectives?

Also don't mean to trigger OCD, I am not massively fussy but had a poor Air 1 and hoping they are nice and even now on the new 9.7?

Reading so far most seem very happy

Thanks.

I had an air 1, and I always thought the screen had this cheap, plastic feel. The screen on the pro feels great, and looks amazing. If you're a student, get it at Best Buy with the $100 coupon.

Phineasgage1848

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2016
My first iPad Pro 9.7 had a display defect that caused an exceptionally warm/yellow screen, even with True Tone off. It basically looked like it had Night Shift (at max warmth) turned on all the time. I even tried to factory reset it to see if it was a software issue. I exchanged it at Best Buy with no problem. Very weird issue.

This second one is the best screen I've ever used. Granted, I upgraded from an iPad 2, but still... I love True Tone and how it automatically turns off in photo apps, or the photo library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.