Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
If I knew they were gonna make me wait until 6:00 PM and on, I would have picked it up at the store something like 9 hours ago.

My UPS driver ALWAYS get here in the late afternoon/early evening. But, I get enough packages to know his regular schedule.

I still pre-ordered my 3G model for delivery. It will get here when it gets here.

Mark

calebbogie

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
What irritates me is that people that didn't even preorder an iPad got one before I did, who preordered one on the first day.

cinthia

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Anybody else in CA ipadless?

UPS keeps saying "it'll be there" but status STILL shows "Exception". Then, right after I called UPS, the location status updated from "Destination Scan at 8:46AM" to "UPS Internal Activity at 4:59PM". They wouldn't tell me what "Internal Activity" means. help... anyone?

cinthia

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
5:23 no UPS - think stores still have any?

I'm a KFoD survivor.
UPS guy got here at around 5:30. He said it had been a long day with iPad deliveries. A buddy of mine ended up impulsively buying a 64GB from Best Buy as I sat waiting for mine. :mad:

This post was typed on the iPad. Yeah...it lives up to the hype.

I'm ready to physically go buy one and refuse delivery - if I thought ANY store in L.A. still had one?

Whiterice

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
UPS keeps saying "it'll be there" but status STILL shows "Exception". Then, right after I called UPS, the location status updated from "Destination Scan at 8:46AM" to "UPS Internal Activity at 4:59PM". They wouldn't tell me what "Internal Activity" means. help... anyone?

This morning I discovered the most accurate information at iship.com you will see a link "Track It" on the lower right hand side...

Runamuck

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
8.15 here in Nashua NH. Guess it's not coming :(

Hey man, I'm in Rochester NH and I got mine around 3:00pm. I asked the ups lady how busy they were and she said they needed extra drivers just for my area to get them all out by tonight. So I bet you have even more in your area being Nashua. Pulling for you that you get it tonight.

JimmyTheKnife

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2010
Oregon, USA
What time is it where you are? It's 7:00 here and still no iPad..

It arrived just after I posted - at 5:02pm at area code 97124.

I'm so mad at UPS I haven't even opened it. They ruined what was supposed to be 'iPad Day'.

Oh, and my tracking status never changed to 'out for delivery' and still doesn't indicate that it was delivered.

kinsale

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2006
Thanks! 8.48 now, I think I've given up. There won't be anyone here on Monday and I am afraid to pre sign for it and just have it sit outside all day. I stayed in the whole day today waiting. Very frustrated right now.

Hey man, I'm in Rochester NH and I got mine around 3:00pm. I asked the ups lady how busy they were and she said they needed extra drivers just for my area to get them all out by tonight. So I bet you have even more in your area being Nashua. Pulling for you that you get it tonight.

clottmd

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2008
It's 7:49 pm CST and no iPad in zip 79336

Apple really screwed the pooch here setting delivery on Saturday with UPS!

I am very very disappointed.

cinthia

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Still No UPS

My best guess it that Saturday delivery isn't available in your area?

2 separate UPS reps checked and said it was (I'm in L.A.). I don't mind if they're late but I've had them "claim" no one was home before when I was sitting by the front door.

cinthia

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
This morning I discovered the most accurate information at iship.com you will see a link "Track It" on the lower right hand side...

Thanks! I still just get "Internal Activity" but it seems to be more info than UPS tracking gave me. Good tool for the future. Thanks

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Apple really screwed the pooch here setting delivery on Saturday with UPS!

I am very very disappointed.

Yeah, I agree . . . perhaps UPS bit off more than they could chew. I've never experienced decent delivery service with them. Mine came late in the day. I'm just glad I got it at all considering UPS's past track record. I hope you get your iPad soon :)

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Thanks everyone for helping me believe it will be here today! A twitter guy named ThomasAtUPS is sending out tweets, and he thinks my area should still be delivered too, despite the late hour.

Every time I hear a car go by, I jump to my window! Soon it will be the UPS man.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Man, I'm really getting depressed, especially since my package got scanned at our local UPS facility at 8:26am this morning. 10 hours later and nothing, no updates either, wasted the whole day sitting here. Which wouldn't be so bad except a) I personally know 2 people who went to stores (1 Apple, 1 Best Buy) this morning and easily picked one up with no pre-ordering, and b) my girlfriend saw 2 people with iPads at the coffee shop down the street this morning.

WTF, Apple? This is the first time I've ever pre-ordered anything from Apple and whether I get it today or not, it's probably the last.

kinsale

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2006
That is what gets to me. I'm still sitting here at 9.17pm with no delivery and I could have gone to the store today and got one. Last time I pre-order.
And, yes I am in the Saturday delivery area.

depressed in NH.

Man, I'm really getting depressed, especially since my package got scanned at our local UPS facility at 8:26am this morning. 10 hours later and nothing, no updates either, wasted the whole day sitting here. Which wouldn't be so bad except a) I personally know 2 people who went to stores (1 Apple, 1 Best Buy) this morning and easily picked one up with no pre-ordering, and b) my girlfriend saw 2 people with iPads at the coffee shop down the street this morning.

WTF, Apple? This is the first time I've ever pre-ordered anything from Apple and whether I get it today or not, it's probably the last.

snooks1

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010
Thanks! 8.48 now, I think I've given up. There won't be anyone here on Monday and I am afraid to pre sign for it and just have it sit outside all day. I stayed in the whole day today waiting. Very frustrated right now.

Kinsale:
Did you end up getting it? I'm in Merrimack and the UPS driver hit my street at 3:05 pm. He stated he still had 80 more to deliver today...

kinsale

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2006
No nothing. Maybe someone took it home :) Congrats on getting yours.

Kinsale:
Did you end up getting it? I'm in Merrimack and the UPS driver hit my street at 3:05 pm. He stated he still had 80 more to deliver today...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.