Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calebbogie

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
My iPad never showed up today. Despite me ordering day 1 at 8:45AM - and it was in Boston at 6:30 this morning. I'm really pissed off, and will be on the phone with UPS shortly.

Be sure to post what happens when you call them. I'm in the same boat as you, man.

kinsale

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2006
I called UPS and the girl did not have a clue where my package was and had no more information than I could get off the website. Not good enough. She said it was possible the driver was still out but had no way of checking. It's 10.10 pm here.

Looks like Monday for me. What a waste of a day.

Be sure to post what happens when you call them. I'm in the same boat as you, man.

kirchnrd

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
Thanks! 8.48 now, I think I've given up. There won't be anyone here on Monday and I am afraid to pre sign for it and just have it sit outside all day. I stayed in the whole day today waiting. Very frustrated right now.

Same here, except I took Monday as a vacation day. How's that "free" shipping working out for me? Would have been a hellova lot quicker and cheaper to ship to the Apple Store 70 miles from my house. Total BS... Apple should give everyone a free case or something for all of the frustration and lost time... :mad:

calebbogie

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
I called UPS and the girl did not have a clue where my package was and had no more information than I could get off the website. Not good enough. She said it was possible the driver was still out but had no way of checking. It's 10.10 pm here.

Looks like Monday for me. What a waste of a day.

Did you get an email from Apple earlier this week saying that you would get the iPad on Monday? I did, but this is odd because I have seen UPS trucks running on Saturdays in my area before. I got up early, expecting my iPad, for nothing.

kinsale

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2006
No, no email. I do have Saturday delivery here.

Did you get an email from Apple earlier this week saying that you would get the iPad on Monday? I did, but this is odd because I have seen UPS trucks running on Saturdays in my area before. I got up early, expecting my iPad, for nothing.

kirchnrd

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
That is what gets to me. I'm still sitting here at 9.17pm with no delivery and I could have gone to the store today and got one. Last time I pre-order.
And, yes I am in the Saturday delivery area.

depressed in NH.

Pre-ordering helps them plan their inventory and logistics. How many they need to build, how many pallets and trucks/planes they will need to meet launch day. They totally screwed us for pre-ordering. I will be calling Apple on Monday while I am waiting for my iPad, and won't end the call with them until they make this right (free case, itunes credit, something). A partially wasted Saturday, and a wasted vacation day to get this stupid thing. I was like a kid at Christmas Friday, then it all went downhill, and don't really give a crap right now.

calebbogie

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
I just got off the phone, I said "um it's 10:30PM and nothing has come yet" she says "the driver will be there tonight don't worry"..... Will I have to provide him a bed too?

Wow, are we really still supposed to be expecting our iPads? I had already lost all hope. I just don't see it happening.
What number did you call? I'm gonna give it a try.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Wow, are we really still supposed to be expecting our iPads? I had already lost all hope. I just don't see it happening.

No, Definitely not expecting it tonight, I just wanna know what the heck happened today. I was promised something and it didn't happen and wasted a whole day in doing so.

I called the International # directly at 1800-782-7892

yonis

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2009
Finally got mine.

The wait was agonizing, but about 11 hours after arriving in my region, it's finally in my lap. And it is wonderful.

Sent from my iPad. :D

calebbogie

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
No, Definitely not expecting it tonight, I just wanna know what the heck happened today. I was promised something and it didn't happen and wasted a whole day in doing so.

I called the International # directly at 1800-782-7892

They told me the same thing that they told you. I am having a hard time imagining a UPS truck driving at 10:00 at night..

cinthia

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008

I wish UPS would say YES or NO instead of keeping us in limbo. I'm about ready to drive to my Apple store, buy one and refuse the UPS delivery. Based on iPhone, pre ordering was the way to go but this is maddening. Two of the three Apple Stores near me say they have plenty. ARRRGGGH?!

calebbogie

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
I wish UPS would say YES or NO instead of keeping us in limbo. I'm about ready to drive to my Apple store, buy one and refuse the UPS delivery. Based on iPhone, pre ordering was the way to go but this is maddening. Two of the three Apple Stores near me say they have plenty. ARRRGGGH?!

I wish I lived close enough to an Apple store where this was an option. Preordering was my only option. = (

ipadfreak

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
My iPad never showed up today. Despite me ordering day 1 at 8:45AM - and it was in Boston at 6:30 this morning. I'm really pissed off, and will be on the phone with UPS shortly.

Thats kinda weird because my ipad was on that flight, and i got it... you should just go to the store and get one.... Then call apple and ask for free swag...

UnstrungHarp

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
I gave up as soon as I saw the last bit of tracking information which appeared on the UPS website after I waited around all day. Now, the UPS website won't show me any information about tracking (it only says "Status: Not Available"), so I had to go to iship.com to get this...

4/3/2010 3:54:00 PM THE SERVICE SELECTED IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE DESTINATION ADDRESS NASHVILLE, TN US
4/3/2010 3:39:00 PM UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY NASHVILLE, TN US
4/3/2010 8:12:00 AM SATURDAY DELIVERY REQUESTED
4/3/2010 8:07:00 AM SATURDAY DELIVERY REQUESTED / PACKAGE UPGRADED TO NEW SERVICE LEVEL NASHVILLE, TN US
4/3/2010 6:32:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN NASHVILLE, TN US
4/3/2010 4:46:00 AM DEPARTURE SCAN LOUISVILLE, KY US

(...and so on, back to China)

Yes, I got the Magical Monday email, but I still hoped for a Saturday Surprise when the tracking information said that the package was upgraded to a new service level. I guess it was upgraded from total fail to just...fail.

I called the closest Best Buy and Apple Store just out of curiosity around 6:00 p.m. Sold out at Best Buy, but quite a few left at the Apple Store. It's been said several times already on this thread, but...pre-order? Never again.

Oh, and I won't be home most of the day Monday.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Guys i know how it feels ): it sucks big time but i was lucky that mine turned up, guess it was because i called in time. Whoever did not get theirs today will have to wait until Monday :)

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2008
Guys i know how it feels ): it sucks big time but i was lucky that mine turned up, guess it was because i called in time. Whoever did not get theirs today will have to wait until Monday :)

Did you get yours today or are you waiting?

If you got it Im glad it worked out. That was a pretty crappy deal you got dealt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.