Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Is it just me, or did we just crash macrumors for about 5 minutes there? I've been furiously refreshing all morning and from about 9:53-10:00am (EDT) macrumors couldn't load.

There must be a lot of us hungry for information!

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Works great, just option+Update and I've got the 2.0 firmware running. I can connect to my company's Enterprise wifi network, and I've got 9 free apps already downloaded!!

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

This is awesome, but I think that I will wait until the official release in iTunes before updating.

phanfave

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
MobileMe

Anyone get MobileMe set up on 2.0 yet? I can even log on to the server from my MBP anymore. Hmmmm...

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Well.....

I don't get selling the 1st gen iphone? With only 6 million made, I'm keeping mine. Like a badge of honor.

Well one day I will look back and say, $340 or a badge of honor. I think among the six million I'll be okay letting go. Back in the day some people said the same about the Mac Classic.

Most of those saved are in the garage or fish tanks.
:cool:

Greenbird600

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
Yep...MR crashed. Anyway I finished updating and it seems to have worked perfectly. Im still re-syncing my music and what not right now though so haven't had a chance to test it yet. In the mean time I bought monkey ball and aqua forest!

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Did not work with my Ipod touch:mad:, Iphone only?

Cover a bunch of things at once: For people expecting all this live early tomorrow, it is early tomorrow in New Zealand, so release should be eminent as the App Store needs to go live (as in, reachable via iTunes storefront), and once the App Store goes live, all iPhone owners will want to use those apps immediately. That's MobileMe already went live. It only went down to iron out issues, I'm sure.

As for failed update, still at old 1.x version, hold down option when you do check for update so it will let you pick the ipsw file. Other alternative as mentioned, just double click the ipsw file and iTunes should do the rest. Both of these are official, supported behavior.

iPhone users only. iPod Touch users have to pay $10 for the upgrade, so yours will come in a slightly different flavor that makes you pay before you can grab. Plus it will actually be different firmware, not at the core of it, but elsewhere, as, you know, there's no phone, no speakers, no microphone, no Bluetooth, no camera, etc., on an iPod Touch.

And I got it, finally. Decomp went fine. designation iPhone,1,2_2. Bandwidth really opened up on Apple's servers this time, meaning I think they are preparing to roll the update servers forward. Also, people have been nailing the heck out of this URL, say it's not official GM ready-to-roll firmware, and Apple hasn't pulled it? It's the real deal, in my estimation. It's out there, readily available, they could easily shut it down -- yes there are people at Apple at seven in the morning PDT. But why? You'll just start buying apps like a software pig now instead of in a few hours. They're busy getting MobileMe back up.

Will report back.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
YES! Works Great!!!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 87

cecemf

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
London, UK
the update work great !!!

Did anyone noti that the logo next to the network name change !! i'm outside Edge zone and I had a white square before ! now it's a white square with a black dote in the middle ?

Is that normale ?

Did anyone notice this or it's just me ?
Maybe that firmware wasn't made for the 1st iPhone but for the 3G one !!!! :eek:

apoz

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
My guess

My guess: problems with getting Mobile Me online, testing the servers one last time. When Mobile Me kicks in, firmware 2.0 available as download in iTunes.... :cool::cool:

DaveDaveDave

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2006
Past the point of no return - I hope Zibri wasn't right - but I'm betting by noon tomorrow that either Dev Team or Zibri cracks the nut and we'll all be jailbroken again...

Hmm... restore just about complete... ruh roh... status gone, but spinning wheel of.. Ah.. rebooting the phone... and...... apple logo....

It' up.

This was a successful install of 1.2 on top of a Ziphone-broken 1.1.4 iphone. Hooray!

dave

dragonpride2008

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
update finished

the update finished and all my stuff (music and podcasts mostly) are syncing back up i am going to on trip to austin and i wanted to update my iphone too 2.0 before i left

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.