Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMat77

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
Ticino, Switzerland
Past the point of no return - I hope Zibri wasn't right - but I'm betting by noon tomorrow that either Dev Team or Zibri cracks the nut and we'll all be jailbroken again...

But can it be unlocked?? I can wait for it to be jailbroken, but not for it to be unlocked...

Let me know, please, if someone managed to "restore" 2.0 and unlock it :) Thanks a lot

amplexus

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
ugh

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 74

cecemf

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
London, UK
I would totally not jailbreak or unlock v2.0, 3G or EDGE model, with the old breaks/unlocks until the devs of those utils certify they work. Totally not. In fact, also, I would totally not update a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone to v2.0 until the devs clear the update works.

I think is too early, you need to wait that they found a new way to unlocked it. it's just been out so it takes time.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Have iTunes 7.7
Downloaded the .ipsw file (using FF3 on Win XP)
Clicked the file once downloaded
iTunes popped up and I clicked restore
Went through the motions
Still on firmware 1.1.4

What am I doing wrong?

cheers

hold down option key while clicking update, select the ipsw file

Monk Edsel

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2004
Ugh, I can't resist!! :p

Here goes nothing... so far so good... :eek:

UPDATE: IT WORKS!!! I'm so excited!!! :D

jfull15

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
installing this thing right now.....

i have to say these past few hours (night really) have been CRAZY!
and i have a feeling it won't end soon..

I don't plan on going to bed until Friday 1PM.. I want to watch the TWiT live coverage, anybody else planning to do the same?

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Don't Forget to Sync BEFORE you update your phone to the 2.0 software! I lost a few calendar entries and a bunch of emails, but its OK because I have those elsewhere...

Pedromiguel20

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2008
Have iTunes 7.7
Downloaded the .ipsw file (using FF3 on Win XP)
Clicked the file once downloaded
iTunes popped up and I clicked restore
Went through the motions
Still on firmware 1.1.4

What am I doing wrong?

cheers

it restores automaticaly make sure that you use a file which ends by .ipsw only! Click on that and normally itunes will start doing everything by itself

MacD

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
It worked, waiting for everything to sync back to the iPhone. Sadly, I will have to do this all again tomorrow when I get my 3G iPhone... or will I?

Yes. I will.

cecemf

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
London, UK
I used Firefox ;)

Now is on "Restoring iPhone firmware..."

the update work great !!!

Did anyone noti that the logo next to the network name change !! i'm outside Edge zone and I had a white square before ! now it's a white square with a black dote in the middle ?

I that normale ?

cecemf

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
London, UK
I used Firefox ;)

Now is on "Restoring iPhone firmware..."

the update work great !!!

Did anyone noti that the logo next to the network name change !! i'm outside Edge zone and I had a white square before ! now it's a white square with a black dote in the middle ?

Is that normale ?

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
dont be cheep its 10 bucks for crying outloud youll be using some of that to get games anyway get the update and dont look back ;)

I'm not being cheap... I'm getting a 3G iPhone tomorrow. I got a Mac Pro and the Touch came with it, and I'm still gonna get 2.0 no matter what. However, if this was a free workaround, which I see its not, I would rather get it free than spend money that doesn't need to be spent.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Im most concerned with the dev team getting on this to enable unlocking, hopefully within the first week. I know I'll be donating for a great solution like ZiPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.