Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanR.

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Virginia
Okay, so will this update happen at midnight tonight or noon tomorrow on the east coast usa?:confused: I guess I mean is it worth me staying up late tonight :D

Hattig

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2003
London, UK
I still think that $10 isn't the worst price in the world to pay for new features.

Me - I'm waiting for the iPod touch 3 with the new hardware. That'll be my treat this year.

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
Okay, so will this update happen at midnight tonight or noon tomorrow on the east coast usa?:confused: I guess I mean is it worth me staying up late tonight :D

I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I was you. You might as well get your sleep and download it when you wake up. At least, that's my plan.

Speedy2

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2008
Apple has never claimed as far as I know that they have to charge for the iPod touch updates. I have only seen that said from people outside Apple.

Oh yes, they did. And it is the Lamest Excuse Ever™ that anyone has ever brought up for charging for updates. While it would be perfectly alright to charge for big software updates such as these, they should be upfront about it and not make up some nonsense to calm down their customers.

Pretty much every modern IT device's firmware can be and IS updated these days, and no other major manufacturer had the cheeky idea to charge for it with the same excuse as Apple.
Apple is not THAT special, u know ... :)

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
Pretty much every modern IT device's firmware can be and IS updated these days, and no other major manufacturer had the cheeky idea to charge for it with the same excuse as Apple.
Apple is not THAT special, u know ... :)

Microsoft comes out with a new piece of junk computer OS every two years and tries to charge people $300 for it.

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
So basically they have now made it so that it launches at a time that is acceptable to the USA.

My thoughts exactly.:mad: Can't have people in the US whinning can we!

Apple is either a multi national corp that sticks to a universal time/date (re iphone 3g launch) or its not. Make up your minds Apple.

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2007
Washington D.C. Area
Can't wait for the update! I wonder it'll be a repeat of last year where you could pull the update directly off the servers before Apple officially releases it.

RAGING DEMON

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
uk time??

what time in the uk wil it be released? hope its midnight uk time, aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh 26 mins left @@@

Biolizard

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2008
London, United Kingdom
People, come on, it's $10/£6. I'm just going to go ahead and say it, are you really that cheap? I think paying that amount for what is clearly a lot of work by Apple devs is a steal, were it not that they're making a mint on hardware of course. Even then, it's still a good deal IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.