Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessFreep

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Northern Virginia, USA
Fixed:
iphoneggt5.jpg

gilesrulz

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
i agree, that was my first reaction when i saw the pics. iphone pictures look like these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chezfarmer/2775710070/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/earlysound/2765524757/sizes/o/

(couple of examples taken about the same distance away in about same amount of light).

You couldn't possibly know, from the information available, how much light there was in any of the photographs. Your first example was taken in the shade and shows obvious characteristics of camera shake, and/or distortion from a smudge on the lense. Your second example has been compressed to about 1/4 of its original size (in data), so it's not going to look anything like what it did originally.

In bright, even light, such as would be present in a factory, the iPhone camera can take photographs of that quality.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Ha ha thats right

Kiko (Key-co (girl in the picture) what I have named her) is just a tester. gizmodo got it wrong.:D

Kiko is a Japanese name, not Chinese.

I'll agree that she is cute and I wish my phone had her on it.

Wait... she can be now. :) :) Downloading pics to iPhoto.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Unrelated to the girl in the pic, it looks like they hook something into the SIM slot, wonder what that does. I would love to understand how they set these up and put everything together. Field trip to China for a factory tour I guess. :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess the connection is the Dock connector.

jamoffat

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
the photos are to nice for an iphone

doesn't anyone else see how high quality the images are, they are not from an iphone

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
She looks 15 .... I wonder to see pictures all process of making iPhone, lucky Chinese

Asian women tend to look younger than western women of the same age. She looks young, but could well be 18. Plus 15-17 year olds have jobs all over the world (I worked a t acar wash way back when), so as long as she's not forced to work in horrible conditions for little to no pay I don't see a problem.

Now those Chinese gymnasts... they are clearly not 16.

panamajack

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2006
Several of y'all clearly don't have a clue re: Chinese girls. She's clearly not jailbait, it's pretty obvious she's in her early 20s.

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
doesn't anyone else see how high quality the images are, they are not from an iphone

You might want to look through this thread to find some discussion about this. ;)

Here's some:

So I don't know what the metadata says, but there is no way the standard iPhone camera took that pic, this is not a picture from the iPhone, just compare it's resolution to the other pics from the phone. There is something fishy with this pic.

i agree, that was my first reaction when i saw the pics. iphone pictures look like these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chezfarmer/2775710070/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/earlysound/2765524757/sizes/o/

(couple of examples taken about the same distance away in about same amount of light).

You couldn't possibly know, from the information available, how much light there was in any of the photographs. Your first example was taken in the shade and shows obvious characteristics of camera shake, and/or distortion from a smudge on the lense. Your second example has been compressed to about 1/4 of its original size (in data), so it's not going to look anything like what it did originally.

In bright, even light, such as would be present in a factory, the iPhone camera can take photographs of that quality.

david803sc

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Lake Wylie, SC
I think she is cute too, wonder if she is single and interested in moving to the states? LOL seriously though I wish my phone came with pictures of it being manufactured maybe Apple should do this on all new phones...

David

imapfsr

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Victoria, B.C.
She is cute.....looks like she should be serving ice cream at Baskin Robbins or something like that. As a previous poster said it is nice to see it doesnt look like a sweat shop type deal.

sjo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2005

ok, here's couple of example of factory shots taken with iphone:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/silvermountain/2480020422/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/photography4me/1199206125/sizes/l/

better?

if you find factory pics of that quality taken with iphone, please contribute positively and share them. don't just try to come up with reasons why the ones i found aren't valid.

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Haha that's so funny! Resolution seems a bit off for iPhone photos...

:rolleyes:

I think you're confused. These photos are actually smaller than what the iPhone takes. The iPhone takes pictures at 1200x1600 pixels and you can get those files through iPhoto. I think you've been emailing them to yourself which compresses the file and shrinks it to an 600x800 pixel size. As you know the camera is 2 megapixels or about 1200x1600.

I'd better stop. I'll be posting stuff like this all day.

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles

ok, here's couple of example of factory shots taken with iphone:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/silvermountain/2480020422/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/photography4me/1199206125/sizes/l/

better?

if you find factory pics of that quality taken with iphone, please contribute positively and share them. don't just try to come up with reasons why the ones i found aren't valid.

But gilesrulz did contribute! Your reasons weren't valid.

Look at all these photos. They are in line with the photos in this thread.

edit: The irony is that YOU are trying to come up with reasons why the original photos aren't valid. Then you tell someone to contribute positively.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
I just read all the posts in between. If you emailed the pictures to yourself it would make sense they would have shrunk. You should take the original photos off of the phone directly from the phone and upload the 1200x1600 versions.

AMcBroom81

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Mt. Carmel, IL
Kiko is a Japanese name, not Chinese.

I'll agree that she is cute and I wish my phone had her on it.

Wait... she can be now. :) :) Downloading pics to iPhoto.

so our parents cant name us a name from another place.

I am sure some person that lives in the United States have named their daughter ulga. so why not a chinese person with a japanese name?

comment?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.