Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

movadoevo8

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2012
Tread should be closed and he should be banned. Clearly is fake and I also saw his Cydia read iOS 5.0.1 and not 5.1??yes and he tries to hide it.

brianjw

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
As an avid YouTube user, everybody here should go to YouTube and flag the video as Spam > Scams/Fraud. Let's get this video taken down. You'll also notice comments on the video are approval listed only; so the uploader chooses what we all can see.

movadoevo8

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2012
if it was closed, you guys would have nothing to gripe about. how about stop posting so it goes into the wasteland?

and banned? for what? let it go.

Let it go? Why would you suggest that?? First of all he is providing fake information. Second of all we are warning people so they don't get infeced with a VIRUS!!!! If the tread is closed no one will go to tHe site and get infected. Some people will read the original post and believe it and go straight to the site and download without reading any other post.

Ohhhh I'm sorry I. Trying to prevent other users from Ruining their computers!!!! Perhaps yOu are friends with that person and helping cover up!!! Uhmmm!..,.,

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Guys,
Use your noggin ! :rolleyes:

When (and if) an untethered jailbreak for 5.1 is available, there will be no doubt about it. It will propagate thru the Internet like wildfire.

Why people persist in debating these obscure, "claimed" jailbreaks on and on has always amazed me.

When the real thing is released, everyone gets the news !

Amacfanboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2010
As an avid YouTube user, everybody here should go to YouTube and flag the video as Spam > Scams/Fraud. Let's get this video taken down. You'll also notice comments on the video are approval listed only; so the uploader chooses what we all can see.

I agree. I hate scams. I'm happy I didn't download it. I didn't notice the comments were approval only, wasn't aware you can do that on YouTube. Very clever.

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
Sorry haven't had chance to post this evening.
I shall post a video up soon of the jailbreak working.
Its something i've been working on but its nowhere near ready yet(quite buggy)
ever since i came on the forum i have enjoyed reading and posting so i thought who better to share my work with first:eek::apple:

I'd love to see your video. I started wanting to jailbreak my iPhone 4S not too long ago.

I reported your thread and asked that this thread be closed & you get a warning until you can prove you're not lying, just in case you are.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I'd love to see your video. I started wanting to jailbreak my iPhone 4S not too long ago.

I reported your thread and asked that this thread be closed & you get a warning until you can prove you're not lying, just in case you are.

here is the link to make see for yourself. btw pay attention to the 1.5.1 at the bottom of Cydia at the 1:35 mark we have said since the beginning it's fake. if people want to continue to believe people like this. Well they just laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNPAwn9jMVY

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Why did you upgrade?

I can't speak for anyone else, but i didn't. Got rid of my AT&T (maybe 1-2 bars at home) iPhone for a Sprint iPhone (I always have at least 3-4 bars at home) and it came preloaded with 5.1 on it. Disappointed when i saw it. As of now, i want the jailbreak for one major reason: Deck.

kimmyh51

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
I am thinking about getting an iphone 4 with ios 5.1

Does the thread starter here have a jailbreak they are ready to share yet?;)

I have not had an iphone before so never jailbroken one - but work in a technical (IT) area, so thinking about having a go. My old handset has just died and i want to get an iphone 4, and where i live i am seeing a lot of people selling iphone 4s with 5.1 cheap because they need jailbreaking. Im thinking once a jailbreak is easy to get those prices wont be so cheap for the iph 4 - so wondering if it is worth getting one now, in anticipation of a not very long wait...bu not long I am hoping that it will be days - tops weeks

So wondering if someone can tell me roughly how long it is likely to be for a reliable jailbreak for this ios to be available - I am assuming due to the fact that so many people have managed to jail break earlier iphones (people who are not that technically capable) that the actual process is pretty straight forward?

How easy is it to restore,reset an iphone if you inadvertantly brick it during the process?

If I buy one, it will be unusable until I jailbreak it - so assuming I can reset and start all over, I am happy to try any jailbreaks for 5.1 that others (who have a working 5.0.1 or whatever) dont want to take a risk with, so feel free to send me any links?

But initially I would like to know realistically - if i cant get something going as a guyineapig for an early release, how long would I probabaly have to wait till there is a proven jailbreak?
My phone died today, so I need to get something else asap - but if it will save me a few hundred and wont be too long for the jailbreak, or if there is a reasonable chance I can jailbreak it now if I am prepared to spend a few hours on it, then I will get a locked 5.1

If it is relevant I am in NZ, and will be connecting it to telecom xt nz, wcdma and umts network. main functionality I will use is phone (text, voice), data (web browsing, and downloading apps - not downloading any itunes stuff (as err i find my music and so on elsewhere at a much better err price :)

It wont be a lot of use to me till I can connect via 3g so how long - worst case scenario could i expect i may need to wait?

Also is there anything else I need to be aware of (ie different hardware versions of iph 4 etc?)

cheers

thanks

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Does the thread starter here have a jailbreak they are ready to share yet?;)

I have not had an iphone before so never jailbroken one - but work in a technical (IT) area, so thinking about having a go. My old handset has just died and i want to get an iphone 4, and where i live i am seeing a lot of people selling iphone 4s with 5.1 cheap because they need jailbreaking. Im thinking once a jailbreak is easy to get those prices wont be so cheap for the iph 4 - so wondering if it is worth getting one now, in anticipation of a not very long wait...bu not long I am hoping that it will be days - tops weeks

So wondering if someone can tell me roughly how long it is likely to be for a reliable jailbreak for this ios to be available - I am assuming due to the fact that so many people have managed to jail break earlier iphones (people who are not that technically capable) that the actual process is pretty straight forward?

How easy is it to restore,reset an iphone if you inadvertantly brick it during the process?

If I buy one, it will be unusable until I jailbreak it - so assuming I can reset and start all over, I am happy to try any jailbreaks for 5.1 that others (who have a working 5.0.1 or whatever) dont want to take a risk with, so feel free to send me any links?

But initially I would like to know realistically - if i cant get something going as a guyineapig for an early release, how long would I probabaly have to wait till there is a proven jailbreak?
My phone died today, so I need to get something else asap - but if it will save me a few hundred and wont be too long for the jailbreak, or if there is a reasonable chance I can jailbreak it now if I am prepared to spend a few hours on it, then I will get a locked 5.1

If it is relevant I am in NZ, and will be connecting it to telecom xt nz, wcdma and umts network. main functionality I will use is phone (text, voice), data (web browsing, and downloading apps - not downloading any itunes stuff (as err i find my music and so on elsewhere at a much better err price :)

It wont be a lot of use to me till I can connect via 3g so how long - worst case scenario could i expect i may need to wait?

Also is there anything else I need to be aware of (ie different hardware versions of iph 4 etc?)

cheers

thanks

All your questions will be answered by reading some posts here

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
Im a little confused. I see all over the internet that jailbreak 5.1 is available for a fee of curse. I have never jailbreaked before. Is this a scam? Is it available? From what I am reading here it doesnt look like it is?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Im a little confused. I see all over the internet that jailbreak 5.1 is available for a fee of curse. I have never jailbreaked before. Is this a scam? Is it available? From what I am reading here it doesnt look like it is?

Jailbreak's have always been free, if you have to pay for it than it's a SCAM!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.