Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Wirelessly posted

wayneholbrook said:
Im a little confused. I see all over the internet that jailbreak 5.1 is available for a fee of curse. I have never jailbreaked before. Is this a scam? Is it available? From what I am reading here it doesnt look like it is?

The only 5.1 jailbreak is teathered jailbreak for A4 devices. There is no untehered one yet. And there are no 5.1 jailbreaks for A5 devices. Jailbreaks are free or donation you don't pay for them that is the best way to find a scam.

happyc0w

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Did any of the jailbreak hackers give an ETA for the 5.1 untethered jailbreak for A5 devices? All the info I see just talks about the iPad 3. Does that mean the hack they discovered is only for iPad 3 or will it work all A5 devices? Is there any other way to fix the battery issue in 5 & 5.0.1 other than upgrading to 5.1? Whats the exact reason you can downgrade with A4 and not A5? From my understanding you can save A5 SHSH blobs and Apticket so why can't downgrade work like it does for A4 devices?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Did any of the jailbreak hackers give an ETA for the 5.1 untethered jailbreak for A5 devices? All the info I see just talks about the iPad 3. Does that mean the hack they discovered is only for iPad 3 or will it work all A5 devices? Is there any other way to fix the battery issue in 5 & 5.0.1 other than upgrading to 5.1? Whats the exact reason you can downgrade with A4 and not A5? From my understanding you can save A5 SHSH blobs and Apticket so why can't downgrade work like it does for A4 devices?

They dont usually give ETA's.
It will be out when its done.
And dont think that with 5.1 magically the battery issues will go away.
You cant downgrade an A5 yet using shsh blobs cause there is no bootrom exploit available and Apple stepped up their security with blobs for new devices.
Even though you can save shsh blobs for A5 devices you cannot use them yet.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Wirelessly posted

It's fake. If you look closely to where he shows in settings that he's using 5.1, you'll notice in parenthesis it says (9A406) which was the updated release of 5.0.1. I don't know why or how Cydia shows 5.1. but to show 5.1 in settings I think you only need to edit a plist file.

So im pretty sure it's fake and he's a con artist. Stay away. If I'm completely wrong then someone please correct me.

I finally created a login for the forums as I've been a daily reader forever now. I started seeing more and more posts where I knew the answer to people's questions but was too lazy to sign up. Anyways, hello everyone!

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
it's fake like the rest these things :rolleyes: they are a penny a dozen. fallow Musclenerd, Pod2g and even Ih8snow on twitter to keep up on the jb world.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I don't know why or how Cydia shows 5.1. but to show 5.1 in settings I think you only need to edit a plist file.

Yes, all you need to do to spoof your iOS version is edit the ProductVersion key in /System/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist.

I finally created a login for the forums as I've been a daily reader forever now. I started seeing more and more posts where I knew the answer to people's questions but was too lazy to sign up. Anyways, hello everyone!

Welcome!

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
Supposed working untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S on 5.1. All the comments look good, but it could be fake. Is there anyone stuck on iPhone 4S 5.1 that can test it out to see if it really works? Your help would be much appreciate as I myself am not willing to risk loosing my jailbreak. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNPAwn9jMVY

greenpois0n4s.blogspot.com

When I see that web address, I hear voices in the air (or maybe it is my instincts) shouting scam :)

Why would the CDEV team release this on a different address from their own. To download it, you have to fill out forms to participate in a competition. Suspicious. If it looks like a scam, it probably *is* a scam.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
When I see that web address, I hear voices in the air (or maybe it is my instincts) shouting scam :)

Why would the CDEV team release this on a different address from their own. To download it, you have to fill out forms to participate in a competition. Suspicious. If it looks like a scam, it probably *is* a scam.

You are precisely correct.
However, with desperate people all reality goes out the window !

denaliOnDubs

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
CO
Stupidity? lol on the real though, JB was great and all but I just wanted to give it a go to see how if my battery life would improve and it's actually a bit better only. Oh well, I can wait for the JB.. Let's just hope this guy is for real though =|

I upgraded in hopes to improve my battery life as well. I knew it would most likely be a long time before they got a jailbreak for the A5 5.1 devices... I miss my jailbreak too.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I upgraded in hopes to improve my battery life as well. I knew it would most likely be a long time before they got a jailbreak for the A5 5.1 devices... I miss my jailbreak too.

I hear you, battery life for me on 5.1 was horrible even after I did a fresh restore as new! I was down to 55% with 1 1/2 hour of usage and 3 hours of standby. This is with bluetooth off, most of my location services off, diagnostics off, screen brightness at around 75%, fetch email (1 account only) and a few other battery saving tips.

Here's the good news though, I went to Apple last week to replace my 4S and got a 4S that was on 5.0!! Now I'm back to being JB and having great battery life! I recently had 5 1/2 hours of usage and 1 Day 2 hours of standby time with about 15% left for my battery. Keep in mind that I like to keep my screen brightness at 100% too so this was a night & day difference for me. I'm as happy as can be now lol

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I accidentally upgraded thinking my sex life might be better if I was on iOS 5.1 and figuring that it wouldn't take this long for the dev team to hack 5.1 I saw a video on youtube that said I would have more sex on iOS 5.1

I am still waiting and I miss my jailbreaked iPhone. And I have not had any extra sex either.:(:D

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I accidentally upgraded thinking my sex life might be better if I was on iOS 5.1 and figuring that it wouldn't take this long for the dev team to hack 5.1 I saw a video on youtube that said I would have more sex on iOS 5.1

I am still waiting and I miss my jailbreaked iPhone. And I have not had any extra sex either.:(:D

Same here.
I thought I was going to last longer too but didn't work out:D

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Let it go? Why would you suggest that?? First of all he is providing fake information. Second of all we are warning people so they don't get infeced with a VIRUS!!!! If the tread is closed no one will go to tHe site and get infected. Some people will read the original post and believe it and go straight to the site and download without reading any other post.

Ohhhh I'm sorry I. Trying to prevent other users from Ruining their computers!!!! Perhaps yOu are friends with that person and helping cover up!!! Uhmmm!..,.,
People who are that careless need to ruin their computers quickly, and go do something else with their time.
:p

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I hear you, battery life for me on 5.1 was horrible even after I did a fresh restore as new! I was down to 55% with 1 1/2 hour of usage and 3 hours of standby. This is with bluetooth off, most of my location services off, diagnostics off, screen brightness at around 75%, fetch email (1 account only) and a few other battery saving tips.

Here's the good news though, I went to Apple last week to replace my 4S and got a 4S that was on 5.0!! Now I'm back to being JB and having great battery life! I recently had 5 1/2 hours of usage and 1 Day 2 hours of standby time with about 15% left for my battery. Keep in mind that I like to keep my screen brightness at 100% too so this was a night & day difference for me. I'm as happy as can be now lol

Are you using gmail or hotmail with exchange syncing? I damaged my iPhone 4 beyond repair and had to get a 4s and when I restored, I was shocked at the battery life. You could just about watch the battery percentage go down like a countdown. I found several places saying to delete and re set up the exchange email accounts and that worked like a champ.

Now I'm waiting patiently on a 5.1 4s jailbreak as bite SMS and little things like picking my phone up to see the temperature have me spoiled.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Are you using gmail or hotmail with exchange syncing? I damaged my iPhone 4 beyond repair and had to get a 4s and when I restored, I was shocked at the battery life. You could just about watch the battery percentage go down like a countdown. I found several places saying to delete and re set up the exchange email accounts and that worked like a champ.

Now I'm waiting patiently on a 5.1 4s jailbreak as bite SMS and little things like picking my phone up to see the temperature have me spoiled.

I only had my Gmail account setup to fetch every hour but I'm not sure if that was the issue. Either way I'm getting decent battery life now on my new 4S running 5.0, the only difference I've made is that I will manually fetch my emails instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.