Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seiga

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
android is fine for those who like windows want cheap equipment raped up in a plastic box of poop. but for the richer crowed that makes up apple buyers why would we settle for less when apple still keeps delivering.

Android has gotten better but still if feels like windows xp on a phone. MS is again putting bloatware on their to be phones and tablet so who is left not HP which we where hopping for that was a joke.

You can't just state something you don't obviously know. These statements seem fanboyish. I just got an iPhone 4S, love it! and I have a Droid, which I also love. iPhone is more stable than anything else and less bloated, but the Droid is much more powerful in features such as 4G LTE (which is significantly faster than HSPA) or unlocked bootloader or better Enterprise software. One's for work, the other for personal. Whatever limitations there are on the iPhone, I can definitely remove from my Bionic. But the Bionic does crash and sometimes restarts which gets a little annoying at times. Each has ups and downs. I just take the best of both worlds. But to say that Android is like XP, that's totally wrong. It's definitely much better than that. And Cheap equipment? You really don't know much about Android for stating that.

----------

DUH - They mean record one day sales for ANY phone they have carried.

That's not how the article is worded.

MacNewsFix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
Twin Cities
Remember how many talking heads and analysts predicted today's launch would be a non-event?

Open mouth, insert crow.

BTW, as time went on, and it became obvious that today's launch would indeed be blockbuster, I came across one "tech journalist" make the claim that brisk iPhone 4S sales would simply be the result of people moved by Steve's passing. I thought it was sick attempt at satire until I got to the end and realized she was serious, to which I can only respond with "What the %&#?!!"

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
Nice.

Rub it in.

Sure, make me feel like a dummy!:(

Congrats!! :D

Now, about that loan that I need...:rolleyes: :)

ok, I bought it at around $14.50 and we had a 2 for 1 split in 2005.

Don't ask me how many shares I bought.

:apple:

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
Stock split, please. 1:4 :D

The problem with a split is that there would be to many shares. With 1:4 Apple would have almost 400 million shares outstanding. That would mean that there are to much stock so AAPL would stagnate.

This is the price Apple have to pay to be so insanely successful.

Apple could do a split, if they at same time used a large part of its 80 billion in stock buyback.

Last edited by a moderator:

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
And the analyst said this was a big mistake and the company would fail. Big laugh.

The analyst have done this many times this year. They rapport false things to drive down the stock. Shorting and buying stock.

Just a few of the stories that drove down the stock more the 10% each time:

Q1: Steve will die in 3 weeks. iPad2 is delayed. The Tsunami have stopped supply of motherboards to iPhone/Ipad.
Q2: Jonathan Ive is leaving Apple to move back to UK. Android is killing iOS. Android have 40% market share in Tablets.
Q3: Iphone4S is a flop.

It will be real interesting to see Apples rapport on Tuesday. If analytics find anything wrong, they will try to drive down the stock.

The only thing that worry me about the Iphone4S: The first day buying is Apple fans. Apple need to appeal to the ordinary consumer in a couple of weeks.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
LOL to all whiners that say iPhone 4s going to flat down Apple's stocks.

It might be "just" a faster CPU, better camera and SIRI assistant to you. But still, it's an iOS. You just can't beat that.

Sometimes I just feel pity for Samsung, HTC, Nokia and other manufacturers (no sarcasm here). They just try so hard, launch their best smartphone ever. But even their best phones, with their best effort and all ... hardly send their stock to highest price of all time.

And yet the anti-Apple people just won't admit it. Grow up boys :D

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I'm just happy I bought 500 shares at $82 i 2008 - APPL, or AAPL for that matter, has earned me all the money I'm ever going to spend on Apple products :D

Nice. After taxes, you still have enough to buy a small house in most of the country.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Sometimes I just feel pity for Samsung, HTC, Nokia and other manufacturers. They just try so hard, launch their best smartphone ever. But even their best phones, with their best effort and all ... hardly send their stock to highest price of all time.

And yet the anti-Apple people just won't admit it. Grow up boys :D

That's what these "analysts" don't get. Apple doesn't need to win the spec wars. They almost never do. They just need to put out a device that suits the needs of its customers. They almost always do that. I watch the Android scene as much as anyone else (I have a Nexus One, myself), but I understand Apple's philosophy and wasn't surprised about an iPhone 4S, and wasn't disappointed either. I'm just waiting for the unlocked version to come out and I'll have one myself.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
YEAH!! THE APPLE STOCK IS UP AND THAT MAKES ME A GREAT PERSON BECAUSE I OWN AN IPHONE!!!

:rolleyes:

Tony

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The only thing that worry me about the Iphone4S: The first day buying is Apple fans. Apple need to appeal to the ordinary consumer in a couple of weeks.

It will. Remember, even the old iPhone 4 did well in Q3. We'll find out how it did in Q4 on Tuesday. If it sold well, so will the iPhone 4S.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
In 3-6 months after this hub-bub has died down, Apple will not be able to compete in the Smartphone market with an already dated iPhone 4s. The hype has inflated the stock. It's at it's peak. Sell now!!

Tony

----------

Yeah!so exciting! Keep on climbing,hahahaImage

Why is it exciting to you? Are you an investor?

Tony

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
ok, I bought it at around $14.50 and we had a 2 for 1 split in 2005.

Don't ask me how many shares I bought.

You're not helping, you know.

If you bought more than 5 shares - i might hate you!!:eek:

I just receive my mutual fund report - down 20 *********g %! And you're sitting on stock that's gone up 8 zillion percent!

Please...you're killing me...:rolleyes: :eek:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
In 3-6 months after this hub-bub has died down, Apple will not be able to compete in the Smartphone market with an already dated iPhone 4s. The hype has inflated the stock. It's at it's peak. Sell now!!

Tony

----------

Tony

Are you planning to short? Remember, there are huge, barely tapped markets called India and China. Also remember that the iPhone 3GS is still for sale 2 years after it originally came out. Apple is appealing to the mainstream now. Owners of the iPhone 4 aren't eligible to renew for another year. By then, Apple will have a redesigned iPhone 5 for them.

NYR99

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007

Haters gonna hate. Why do you want them fail? Is it personal?

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW

Tony

----------

Tony

wrong, in 6 months it will be at $500

:apple: all the way

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.