Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tongxinshe

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Wrong? I provided specifics claims that you made in this thread. :rolleyes:.

You keep mixing my comments for the two different topics together, not sure you did it intentionally (maybe simply to make sure you win, instead of get the real discussion going), though.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I think from an American-centric point of view, the iPhone dominates the cellphone market because of the large base of iPhone users here in the USA--many of whom upgrade every two years when the original two-year contract is up. That's why T-Mobile USA languished until they finally got the iPhone 5 in the spring of 2013.

However, this is not true in the rest of the world, where Android phones dominate.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
I've never dealt with Samsung cs, so I have no idea what it is like. In over 20 years of using cellular phones, I have never had to deal with a manufacturers customer service or with a cellular providers cs for anything hardware related- I'm not including a dumb phone that I dropped and broke and got replaced with a refurb many years ago. Apple's cs would be tough to equal or beat.

Tried dealing with Samsung due to a company phone software issue...Sworn off for it forever. It is THAT BAD.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
How many times does it take before these kinds of published reports satisfy the narcissistic needs of Apple and it's minions...

These articles are getting awfully old, and completely predictable. Independent thinkers buy what they like, not what sells the most or generates the most money for the company.

I own and use an iPhone 5S, so what, it fills a need, but that need has nothing to do with their sales volume.

XAPWV

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2014
Every new survey or study I read says that iOS users still lead other platforms in terms of how much they use their devices to buy apps, buy products, browse the web, and pay for services.

Each. And every. Single. One.

These are the things developers care about.

And you're asking me to believe that the opposite is happening? That all of these articles are the end of an era, and things are turning around now? By all means, provide your own proof. Until then, I think you're crazy.

App developers don't care about market saturation. If 1 million android users download my app for free, with Google offering some small payoff for advertisements, I don't make money. If 1 million iOS users buy my app for $0.99, then I just made $1 million dollars. Plus the income from advertisements. I could care less if 40 million broke, college kids download my free app. Doesn't pay the bills or allow for further development. That was one of the big reasons behind KitKat, was to smooth over the defragmentation with Android. Make an app for Google Play, make sure it is compatible with 27 different versions of Android, and keep it updated, or, make an app for a single OS, sell it for actual income, sip fruity beverage at the beach. Not to mention a lot of the "percentage" of Android garbage is just that, garbage. Walk in to a Kmart or a Big Lots and see all the "Android" tablets for $50. Not exactly a competitor with an ipad. Just because 99% of PCs other than MACs are running Windows, doesn't mean they're competing with Apple. If anything is going to fail it will be Android. Samsung is going to launch the S5 with a Tiezen version and LG is making a phone running the FireFox OS. Apple became the most valuable company in the history of ever by sitting in 2nd place. I don't think they have to worry. I doubt Bentley worries when someone buys a Honda. Just Sayin'

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
If anything is going to fail it will be Android. Samsung is going to launch the S5 with a Tiezen version and LG is making a phone running the FireFox OS.

I don't know where people read things like this about Android failing. Nor Samsung will launch S5 with Tizen not Firefox OS has a lot of traction with carriers, sadly

Too much wishful thinking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.