Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iPhone 6 is expected to be announced on September 9th, 2014 with an Apple Media event. The actual launch will likely take place a couple of weeks later.

Some of the first rumors of any new Apple iPhone seems to come from the case manufacturers. There's a huge financial incentive for case manufacturers to be early to market with case designs for a new iPhone. The first leaked schematics for the iPhone 6 were published in March, 2014 and the first cases based on the designs started appearing shortly thereafter.

These case-design leaks aren't always correct, but this time there have been part leaks as well. Our iPhone 6 roundup goes into great detail about what we know so far.

iphone-6-macrumors-800x514.jpg

During our early iPhone 6 research, we obtained a batch of 200 rumored 4.7" iPhone 6 cases with our logo on it. We thought they might be useful on day one of iPhone 6 launch, or could simply serve as a MacRumors souvenir if the specs turn out to be not-quite-right. So, we're giving away 200 4.7" iPhone 6 cases to 200 of our mailing list members selected at random. To be clear, these cases might not even fit the real iPhone 6-- but that's part of the appeal. The case colors will be distributed at random, but possibilities include red, blue, grey, and frosted clear.

We'll be giving out other prizes over time to our mailing list subscribers. Official rules are available here. For this initial prize, we have to limit it to U.S. mailing addresses only, due to the cost of shipping 200 items internationally. iPhone 6 case giveaway contest deadline is midnight (Eastern) on the evening of Thursday, August 21st 2014. Winners will then be picked and mailed their cases, hopefully in time for September 9th.

Our mailing list provides readers with regular updates to the biggest stories on MacRumors.

The case giveaway is over, but future giveaways are planned.

Subscribe to our Mailing List and Enter to Win: I agree to the rules and want to be entered in the giveaway.

If you are already a member of our mailing list, you still have to fill out this entry form (and check the agree checkbox) to get entered. You won't be added to our mailing list twice.

Article Link: 'iPhone 6' Case Giveaway and Other Prizes from MacRumors

Last edited:

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
These are being given away to everyone who possibly had their PW compromised here on MacRumors, right?

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I can imagine nothing better to commemorate both the i6 and existence of this site than a case made based on a mockup made from part leaks…

…wait, of course: duct-tape i6 cases

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
I really want one of these cases, and then have the phone not fit it at all. I would laugh till I cried.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.