Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davpel24

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
Anybody try this yet? I guess this one just went on the market a few days ago and it sounds from the description a lot like the Imos, but from a Canadian manufacturer.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1496905/the-last-screen-protector-you-ll-ever-needtm-gets-curved

http://store.phantom.glass/search/results?id=apple&tag=Apple&cpc=2&page=2

BTW, I received my Imos last week and did not have a good experience. The packaging is incredible and the glass itself is as beautiful as advertised. It looks and feels amazing. However, I could not get a proper install on my device. No matter what I did, there was a long bubble up and down the right side of the screen. After talking with the people at Connect2U (who were great, by the way), I think we both came to the conclusion that my iPhone 6+ is likely the slightest bit irregular and with this particular protector, the fit and alignment has to be absolutely perfect or there will be problems. Connect2U said they had another user with the same issue. And before anybody says user error, I assure you that isn't the case. I've been using and installing protectors since around the time of my first device, the Kyocera 6035 (the first commercially available smartphone) and have installed hundreds of protectors over the years. I am extremely comfortable with installing both glass and PET film, but it seems this Imos glass really depends on a consistent install surface and perfect alignment down to the millimeter.

Last edited:

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Anybody try this yet? I guess this one just went on the market a few days ago and it sounds from the description a lot like the Imos, but from a Canadian manufacturer.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1496905/the-last-screen-protector-you-ll-ever-needtm-gets-curved

The link is a PR page. There is no information at all about it's thickness (neither on amazon.com). (On phantom's webpage it states "0.2mm Thin Tempered Glass")
"incorporate proprietary acrylic to achieve a snug fit" - that is not curved like the iMos.

There is already a review on Amazon.com for the black iPhone 6 protector:
What a piece of garbage. I bought this solely on the recommendation from Linus from LinusTechTips and it is by far the quickest disappointment I've ever felt in my life. For $39.99 this is the fastest waste of money I've ever spent. The plastic screen line up that the phantom glass was included with doesn't line up with the iPhone 6 Plus the slightest, bubbles formed when using the plastic screen line up and the total blatant line that it's easy to re-apply ticked me off over the edge to write this review. The screen sucked so much dust to the sticky end that it became totally un-usable.

Last edited:

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008

BTW, I received my Imos last week and did not have a good experience. The packaging is incredible and the glass itself is as beautiful as advertised. It looks and feels amazing. However, I could not get a proper install on my device. No matter what I did, there was a long bubble up and down the right side of the screen. After talking with the people at Connect2U (who were great, by the way), I think we both came to the conclusion that my iPhone 6+ is likely the slightest bit irregular and with this particular protector, the fit and alignment has to be absolutely perfect or there will be problems. Connect2U said they had another user with the same issue. And before anybody says user error, I assure you that isn't the case. I've been using and installing protectors since around the time of my first device, the Kyocera 6035 (the first commercially available smartphone) and have installed hundreds of protectors over the years. I am extremely comfortable with installing both glass and PET film, but it seems this Imos glass really depends on a consistent install surface and perfect alignment down to the millimeter.

Did you watch their recommended install video? Good thing I ordered 2. I thought I knew how to install and couldn't get the bubbles out, then I watched the video. You have to carefully lift the edges to get all the bubbles out. Took me some time on second try, but looks great now.

davpel24

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
Did you watch their recommended install video? Good thing I ordered 2. I thought I knew how to install and couldn't get the bubbles out, then I watched the video. You have to carefully lift the edges to get all the bubbles out. Took me some time on second try, but looks great now.

Yes, I watched the video and indeed lifted the edges. That worked for normal bubbles, but not for the long bubble on the side which wouldn't budge. BTW, I would be very careful in lifting the edges. Mine ultimately cracked during one of those lifts.

----------

The link is a PR page. There is no information at all about it's thickness (neither on amazon.com). (On phantom's webpage it states "0.2mm Thin Tempered Glass")
"incorporate proprietary acrylic to achieve a snug fit" - that is not curved like the iMos.

There is already a review on Amazon.com for the black iPhone 6 protector:

Yes, I realize the first link is a PR release. The reason I compared it to the Imos is because PG claims theirs is also genuine Corning. Whether it really is or not, who knows.

iloomeOfficial

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
Hi guys,

The previous thread was disallowed by the MacRumors mods (sorry), but we still wanted you guys to check our newest CURVED EDGE tempered glass product for the iPhone. It's on pre-order (ships out 4/6) and if you guys would like, we want to provide a MacRumor-exclusive discount code for a week or two.

Introducing ScreenMate MAX:

Made with xAl-4Cr Alloy, we used the frame to bend it instead of curving the glass. Comes in Gold, Silver, and Space Grey.

http://imgur.com/a/Ma4hB

SyZw7Lz.jpg

bm81poz.jpg

v4LXgS3.jpg

T2UTSqs.jpg

4tXMc84.jpg

The listing should be up on our website very soon. It's available on Amazon for pre-order right now as well :)

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
You guys need to fire that designer ASAP.

I would never ever lose that pristine white front face for that silver thing right there....

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
i think this site is purely racist against asian countries isn't it? How come iloome can still post their products and the other guy who share the imos gets banned permanently? seems like the internet is true about this site. full of biased rubbish. -_-

vodavoda

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Hi guys,

The previous thread was disallowed by the MacRumors mods (sorry), but we still wanted you guys to check our newest CURVED EDGE tempered glass product for the iPhone. It's on pre-order (ships out 4/6) and if you guys would like, we want to provide a MacRumor-exclusive discount code for a week or two.

Made with xAl-4Cr Alloy, we used the frame to bend it instead of curving the glass. Comes in Gold, Silver, and Space Grey.

The listing should be up on our website very soon. It's available on Amazon for pre-order right now as well :)

This has been available in China for quite awhile. I bought 1 and wasn't impressed. It's a good idea, however the bottom of the screen was cropped too high.

iloomeOfficial

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
You guys need to fire that designer ASAP.

I would never ever lose that pristine white front face for that silver thing right there....

We tried the pristine white front face on the alloy frame. Didn't work out so well.

----------

This has been available in China for quite awhile. I bought 1 and wasn't impressed. It's a good idea, however the bottom of the screen was cropped too high.

We promise that it'll be a perfect fit. If not, we'll do a full refund and post something on our Facebook page that you write (as long as it's appropriate and not offensive).

Do you guys want a discount code to try our product out first and then give your feedback on it?

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Hi guys,

What I don't get about this is that it's an exact copy of others, UltimateShield have had this exact design for a few weeks now...

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
What I don't get about this is that it's an exact copy of others, UltimateShield have had this exact design for a few weeks now...

So what? There is always room for improvement. I have tried some like this and they didn't adhere well.

We shall see...

snrlaxx

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2015
So at the end, besides the imos (due to the unaffordable price), which one is the best SP for the iphone 6? considering e2e protection

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
So at the end, besides the imos (due to the unaffordable price), which one is the best SP for the iphone 6? considering e2e protection

One of them is for sure benks. I did not try it yet, as I am waiting for shipping/order processing. But they have corning gorilla glas and 0.2mm thickness in black and white and more. But from what I have seen through extensive research it is definitly among the best for an affordable price.

snrlaxx

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2015
One of them is for sure benks. I did not try it yet, as I am waiting for shipping/order processing. But they have corning gorilla glas and 0.2mm thickness in black and white and more. But from what I have seen through extensive research it is definitly among the best for an affordable price.

I would be glad if it was possible to ship to europe (portugal/spain). In there website banks.us it's currently out of stock and on eBay I can only find some old versions of their product I guess, not "the unique pro 0.2 mm"

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia

Note:

For those brand that claimed to be using Corning Gorilla Glass, kindly ensure it's genuine. We have checked on some brands before selling imos, some brands in China claimed using corning glass but have no proof at all. When we send and email to them verifying their claim, they did not even reply to us on that. All they did was replying on the pricing.

As for imos, all the new batches will include a card authorised by GTOC (G-TECH Optoelectronics Corporation, Taiwan) that it's using genuine corning glass.

Make sure you pay for the right product and not a fake / imitation / misleading brands.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
IMOS has been on for 2 weeks and going strong. Lasted the longest so far.

Don't know what I will do when and if it cracks/fails, however...

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Note:

For those brand that claimed to be using Corning Gorilla Glass, kindly ensure it's genuine. We have checked on some brands before selling imos, some brands in China claimed using corning glass but have no proof at all. When we send and email to them verifying their claim, they did not even reply to us on that. All they did was replying on the pricing.

As for imos, all the new batches will include a card authorised by GTOC (G-TECH Optoelectronics Corporation, Taiwan) that it's using genuine corning glass.

Make sure you pay for the right product and not a fake / imitation / misleading brands.

iMos looks and seems great, but the price tag + customs is just too high for a screen protector. For some iphones you can get a new front for this price.

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia
IMOS has been on for 2 weeks and going strong. Lasted the longest so far.

Don't know what I will do when and if it cracks/fails, however...
Depending on the level of height of the drop, some survived it while some don't. But you will appreciate as it saved you from the inconvenience if the actual screen breaks. Not sure about US, but in Malaysia, it takes up to 2 weeks for Apple to replace a new phone, and we need to pay for it too as there's no warranty coverage for accidental damages on the screen. With imos 3D Corning, even if you hit on the edges, it's proved to be safe too. While we had seen some brands which hit the edges, the actual screen breaks too.

iMos looks and seems great, but the price tag + customs is just too high for a screen protector. For some iphones you can get a new front for this price.
Yea. We agreed on the pricing. When we first started selling it, it's the most expensive protector we ever sell. But after using it personally, there's no other brand that can be compared with it. imos is the only brand using genuine 3D Curved corning glass in the market as much as we are aware of.
As for custom, it's based on each countries policy.

vodavoda

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Depending on the level of height of the drop, some survived it while some don't. But you will appreciate as it saved you from the inconvenience if the actual screen breaks. Not sure about US, but in Malaysia, it takes up to 2 weeks for Apple to replace a new phone, and we need to pay for it too as there's no warranty coverage for accidental damages on the screen. With imos 3D Corning, even if you hit on the edges, it's proved to be safe too. While we had seen some brands which hit the edges, the actual screen breaks too.

Yea. We agreed on the pricing. When we first started selling it, it's the most expensive protector we ever sell. But after using it personally, there's no other brand that can be compared with it. imos is the only brand using genuine 3D Curved corning glass in the market as much as we are aware of.
As for custom, it's based on each countries policy.

I like the Imos, really impressive. But for the price, why not buy Apple Care instead?

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia
I like the Imos, really impressive. But for the price, why not buy Apple Care instead?

Malaysia no apple care for iPhone... sad. . . we have not much choices but to go for a better protection.

And, using a corning glass protector means you will have the original corning touch similar to naked phone. Other brands, you are touching a soda lime glass instead, which commonly being used to manufacture glasses, furnitures, etc.
Some of our customers bought imos 3D to have the same touch experience and protection.

So it actually depends on personal preference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.