Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
My Benks 0.2MM screen protector just arrived - it is the old version sadly and the glass doesn't curve but it's still really nice.

Has air gaps around all the edges but doesn't bother me that much. Definitely recommend it for the price, the glass feels awesome.
Did you order through their site?

But in this case, since it's bought from another seller, we are unable to do anything from our side.
I'm assuming this is your website?

http://www.connect2u.my/http:/wwwconnect2umy/product-1105670.html

How long would the regular $11 shipping option take to reach the US? Thought about ordering it but might go with Benks due to the huge price difference.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Did you order through their site?

I'm assuming this is your website?

http://www.connect2u.my/http:/wwwconnect2umy/product-1105670.html

How long would the regular $11 shipping option take to reach the US? Thought about ordering it but might go with Benks due to the huge price difference.

the $11 shipping option took me a little over a month to get here to Kansas. i ordered my second imos protector from another website and got it for about $20 cheaper. and faster. about 1 week and a half to 2 weeks

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
the $11 shipping option took me a little over a month to get here to Kansas. i ordered my second imos protector from another website and got it for about $20 cheaper. and faster. about 1 week and a half to 2 weeks
What website did you order your 2nd one from?

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia
So, I am confused. Are you not the manufacturer? In my line of work, I have over 30 distributors globally selling our products (I manage the division).

If a customer has a problem with one of the products I manufacture, regardless of whichever distributor sells it, I step in directly with that customer to ensure they are happy.

Ultimately, I am responsible for my brand and satisfaction.

Of course not. We are just one of the resellers, based in Malaysia. imos is the manufacturer and GTOC is the manufacturing partner for the Corning Series. And imos do offer replacement for defected unit, but it's up to resellers whether to offer it to customers as resellers need to return the defected unit to imos at their own cost.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
the term "LOL" is widely used in Malaysian culture be it a laughing matter or not, we might not have the best english speaking skills but compared to the laughing jokes i see from the expectation in macrumors here, obviously you overseas people DO NOT understand how hard it is for us to afford a freaking iphone, in the "all great" USA it costs only 199/299/399 usd to own them, for us we need to pay RINGGIT MALAYSIA 2399, which is considered 3/4 or for some full month's salary pay to own it. Obviously we would spend something this much to protect it, fyi, i myself have changed 6 piece of corning, not asking a full refund or exchange. why? becaue i DID NOT follow the instructions, i RUSH things.

So, who is the one to be blamed here? the seller? or the customer? I notice especially in the states, everyone abuse the return policy. If you want to use something good and don't have the patient to do it, don't buy. simple as that, don't start groaning and sulking about how hard is it to install. when the instruction is clearly stated to follow the youtube videos on how to install it. you screw it up, YOUR PROBLEM. don't start pushing the god damn responsibility to someone else for your own ********** mistake.

70USD is expensive? I have to pay RM220 = 1/10 OF MY OWN SALARY X 6 TIMES TO GET IT DONE PERFECTLY. And did anyone here see I complain?

I am not standing up for any of the resellers of imos, but the fact that i voice out is because the way people expect from this product is simply ridiculously crazy;to the extend I have to stand out and voice out.

Reflect on your own problems first before blaming the problems to someone else.

This brand, imos IS THE PERFECT screen protector. The probability of it protecting the phone user from spending RM1800 (IN MALAYSIA TO REPLACE A SHATTERED SCREEN IPHONE, APPLE DOES NOT REPAIR IT OVER IN MALAYSIA, THEY WILL OFFER A REFURB UNIT FOR THAT PRICE STATED)
is 100%. Go have a look at imos taiwan page for their proof, all their customers who drop their phone end up shattering only the SCREEN PROTECTOR, NOT THE LCD GLASS OF THE PHONE.

Tgrey

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
My protector just chipped, took it off, naked now see how screen holds, tired of searching perfect protector

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Of course not. We are just one of the resellers, based in Malaysia. imos is the manufacturer and GTOC is the manufacturing partner for the Corning Series. And imos do offer replacement for defected unit, but it's up to resellers whether to offer it to customers as resellers need to return the defected unit to imos at their own cost.

Please accept my apologies connect. I was under the impression you were an imos representative.

I still stand behind my statements, but, they should not have been directed at you.

----------

the term "LOL" is widely used in Malaysian culture be it a laughing matter or not, we might not have the best english speaking skills but compared to the laughing jokes i see from the expectation in macrumors here, obviously you overseas people DO NOT understand how hard it is for us to afford a freaking iphone, in the "all great" USA it costs only 199/299/399 usd to own them, for us we need to pay RINGGIT MALAYSIA 2399, which is considered 3/4 or for some full month's salary pay to own it. Obviously we would spend something this much to protect it, fyi, i myself have changed 6 piece of corning, not asking a full refund or exchange. why? becaue i DID NOT follow the instructions, i RUSH things.

So, who is the one to be blamed here? the seller? or the customer? I notice especially in the states, everyone abuse the return policy. If you want to use something good and don't have the patient to do it, don't buy. simple as that, don't start groaning and sulking about how hard is it to install. when the instruction is clearly stated to follow the youtube videos on how to install it. you screw it up, YOUR PROBLEM. don't start pushing the god damn responsibility to someone else for your own ********** mistake.

70USD is expensive? I have to pay RM220 = 1/10 OF MY OWN SALARY X 6 TIMES TO GET IT DONE PERFECTLY. And did anyone here see I complain?

I am not standing up for any of the resellers of imos, but the fact that i voice out is because the way people expect from this product is simply ridiculously crazy;to the extend I have to stand out and voice out.

Reflect on your own problems first before blaming the problems to someone else.

This brand, imos IS THE PERFECT screen protector. The probability of it protecting the phone user from spending RM1800 (IN MALAYSIA TO REPLACE A SHATTERED SCREEN IPHONE, APPLE DOES NOT REPAIR IT OVER IN MALAYSIA, THEY WILL OFFER A REFURB UNIT FOR THAT PRICE STATED)
is 100%. Go have a look at imos taiwan page for their proof, all their customers who drop their phone end up shattering only the SCREEN PROTECTOR, NOT THE LCD GLASS OF THE PHONE.

You mention the price of the iPhone and protector and how much is costs (almost one month pay). Who forced you into the purchase?

davpel24

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014

Boy, you're a real piece of work, aren't you? Maybe if you had the slightest bit of reading comprehension you would see that even Connect2U, the primary reseller of the Imos protector, concedes that the problems some people are experiencing are not due to user error. Personally, I watched the installation video, followed the instructions precisely and had perfect placement of the glass, yet I had the same issue as several other people: a long, unbroken bubble along the right side of the screen which simply could not be removed. This is clearly due to either a defect in the protector I received or a slight imperfection in the glass of my iPhone. Either way, the issue was not my doing. Your criticism of those of us seeking refunds is simply absurd.

BTW, I will also note that Connect2U was excellent to deal with and the refunded my purchase price, plus shipping, promptly.

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
the term "LOL" is widely used in Malaysian culture be it a laughing matter or not, we might not have the best english speaking skills but compared to the laughing jokes i see from the expectation in macrumors here, obviously you overseas people DO NOT understand how hard it is for us to afford a freaking iphone, in the "all great" USA it costs only 199/299/399 usd to own them, for us we need to pay RINGGIT MALAYSIA 2399, which is considered 3/4 or for some full month's salary pay to own it. ...

I am not sure, where you get your prices from. But you cannot get an iphone 6 for 199/299/399 USD in the US. 650 USD, thats were it starts more or less. Those 199 USD ones you see come with a 2 year contract and this costs additionally at least 60 USD/month. Do the steps in the apple online store if you don't believe me.

Further, I don't know what this has to do with the price of a product which should just protect the screen. If for that price you can get Apple Care, then people in the US will just think twice.

I believe, that for some people even the perfect method of applying the imos won't work, and here is why: Most people already used their phone for some time. Thus, it is not 100% even anymore and then the iMos protector cannot fit perfectly. I am not blaming iMos as their product is 100% suitable for the iPhone 6. But some people should keep this in mind.

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia
Please accept my apologies connect. I was under the impression you were an imos representative.

I still stand behind my statements, but, they should not have been directed at you.

----------

You mention the price of the iPhone and protector and how much is costs (almost one month pay). Who forced you into the purchase?

No problem. Again, just as an update. imos is willing to replace any defected unit, it's solely up to individual reseller if they wanted to replace it for their customer or not. (Not all are willing to replace / refund as any expenses incurred are on resellers)

Boy, you're a real piece of work, aren't you? Maybe if you had the slightest bit of reading comprehension you would see that even Connect2U, the primary reseller of the Imos protector, concedes that the problems some people are experiencing are not due to user error. Personally, I watched the installation video, followed the instructions precisely and had perfect placement of the glass, yet I had the same issue as several other people: a long, unbroken bubble along the right side of the screen which simply could not be removed. This is clearly due to either a defect in the protector I received or a slight imperfection in the glass of my iPhone. Either way, the issue was not my doing. Your criticism of those of us seeking refunds is simply absurd.

BTW, I will also note that Connect2U was excellent to deal with and the refunded my purchase price, plus shipping, promptly.
I think he meant those who did not watch the installation video and not those who watched it. There are some of our customers who really did not watch the installation video, despite a note to encourage them to.
And when things doesn't goes well, they will contact us and blame it on us for a bad product. These happens not only for overseas buyers, but locally too.

----------

I believe this would also be true for all glass screen protectors, not just Imos.

We have a customer who dropped his iPhone 6, cracked his screen without damaging the screen protector. Weird but it's true. And after replacing the screen, he bought imos 3D.
According to him, the previous glass protector do not cover the edges and when the phone drops, it hit the curved edges and it shattered.

What we learnt is, not all screen protectors are the same. If you are not using a full coverage protector, ensure your case will protect the edges too. make sure the lips are thicker.

Iskios

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2012
@Connect2U if for some reason there is a dust stuck beneath the glass during installation of the iMos, is there a correct way to remove it? For pet films, its just a matter of using a tape to remove it, but after back reading here, using this method makes the adhesive dirty and affects its bondibility

Last edited:

RodDavies

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
Still running my original aegis3d. As is, now, my wife, on our Iphone6+'s. They are fantastic. No bubbles. True edge to edge and top to bottom. Easy install. Fantastic units. My bosses kid had one on his own. He's a trainee chef, walked into a stainless steel bench with his phone in his pocket, screen out. The aegis cracked. The phones screen didn't. SAVED! PEELED it OFF, put a new one on. The work as advertised.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
iPhone 6 Edge-to-edge Glass Screen Protector — The holy grail?

@Connect2U if for some reason there is a dust stuck beneath the glass during installation of the iMos, is there a correct way to remove it? For pet films, its just a matter of using a tape to remove it, but after back reading here, using this method makes the adhesive dirty and affects its bondibility

I used the tapes provided. No good, because the glue under the glass is way stronger than the tape, so the dusts attach to the glue instead. Then I washed it under water(nothing else to try anyway), then the glue just smeared everywhere. I managed to get the dusts out, but then after re-applying there is always a dirty-glass look (because the smearing is under the screen).

This isn't unique to IMOS. The glue used under most glass protectors behave the same.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
My protector just chipped, took it off, naked now see how screen holds, tired of searching perfect protector

I did the same thing and went for almost a month with no protector. Was loving the naked screen and seeing just all smooth oneness with no obvious protector standing out like a sore thumb. That was all well and good until when cleaning my screen in the sunlight, I could see quite a few surface scratches. So as much as I wanted to go without a protector, seeing the scratches was worse.

I was on vacation with no spare glass protectors, so I figured I'd stop at the mall kiosk and get the Ghost Armor screen protector. Took two tries to get an install that I was happy with. But after a couple of days I could see micro scratches on the screen protector - now remember this is the one that they take a drill to....

Also, once you've had a glass protector, there's no going back to any other protector. The tactile feel just isn't the same as glass. The Ghost Armor definitely felt better than an old Zagg protector I had several phones ago but still had that drag going on. I couldn't wait to get back home and put another Mime feather protector on. The Mime is not a full screen protector but I really like it's super .15 thinness, the contoured edges and the precise cutouts. This screen protector is very exact and is not at all forgiving with the install. If you don't get it perfect, it is a no-go. Thankfully, I was able to get a super install - all lined up nice, no dust and down once. So thankful it was a good first lay down. I've never been able to pull up a glass protector and have it perfectly adhere on the next try - usually the edge where you pull it up will show some non-adhesion.

Good luck to you going bare screen - I just couldn't do it.

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia

I used the tapes provided. No good, because the glue under the glass is way stronger than the tape, so the dusts attach to the glue instead. Then I washed it under water(nothing else to try anyway), then the glue just smeared everywhere. I managed to get the dusts out, but then after re-applying there is always a dirty-glass look (because the smearing is under the screen).

This isn't unique to IMOS. The glue used under most glass protectors behave the same.

Sorry for the late reply.

We have tried removing a speck of dust too using the supplied dust remover tape. The method is pretty the same as what you did with PET film.
But like what parrot5 mentioned, the glue under the glass is stronger than the tape. if you want, I would suggest you to use those 3M tape and try to remove it. just cut a small piece will do and avoid to get in contact with large area. Most important is to avoid touching the adhesive of the coloured part. If you smudged that, it's the end.

Hope this helps..

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
I went back and forth for a long time about purchasing the Imos Solid EX 3D Corning for my iPhone 6 Plus. The upfront price of $65 wasn't the holdup but the additional shipping cost and time along with communicating any issues with a Malaysian seller were what made me hold out and ultimately purchase something different. After reading some pretty positive things about the Benks Unique Pro .20mm Full Front Glass I decided to give it a shot. It was (and as of writing this still is) available through Amazon Prime for $25.99 but there was an automatic $6.50 savings promotion once added to cart so it ended up costing me $19.49 shipped to my door.

PROS
Packaging was straight forward and efficient. The kit comes with everything you will need to install and one thing that deserves special recognition is the inclusion of a blue anti-static tape film. Ensuring there are no small dust particles or lint is crucial with any screen protector and I haven't personally come across one before although I can't say with any certainty others aren't doing it. Installation went perfectly - I peeled the film back, lined up the earpiece and home button, dropped it down and pushed down in the middle of the screen. There were a few micro bubbles along the top right corner on the edge of the screen but they went away on their own after a few hours. The screen is extremely smooth to the touch. No thumb/finger drag at all like so many others. The guys at Benks claim that this is Corning Gorilla Glass and if so that makes it both significantly thinner and cheaper than Imos. I was waiting to review this until I received my Caudabe Veil XT to ensure that there were no issues once a case was installed, specifically with peeling up along the edges, and am happy to report that all is well. The Veil XT is listed as .35mm and with the .20mm Benks rolling over the edges to swipe in feels completely natural. The clarity is flawless and the color matched edges are wonderful.

CONS
I am only listing this here because if I absolutely had to nitpick then I would say that the slight border along the edge of the screen is the one and only thing I would like to see fixed. I have seen a few people complain about the border and hope that my photos illustrate what this looks like, but in person they are nothing to get weird about. If this could be adjusted in future revisions it would be welcome but it certainly shouldn't affect someones purchasing decision. For a few bucks I guess it would also be nice to see a small home button ring similar to what Imos has.

WRAPUP
Stop waiting for something better and buy it for under $20 shipped while you can. It's a near perfect solution to screen protection without giving up any clarity or the original liquid smooth feel of the naked glass. Using the Benks in conjunction with a thin case and nobody will ever be overtly aware that there is a glass screen protector installed and in the end isn't the goal to protect the glass yet make it feel and appear like nothing extra is there. Benks really nailed it. Excellent product all around.

Attachments

• IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 269

vodavoda

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Benks looking good. I ordered 1 from China for around $13 with shipping. Can't wait to receive it.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
I went back and forth for a long time about purchasing the Imos Solid EX 3D Corning for my iPhone 6 Plus. The upfront price of $65 wasn't the holdup but the additional shipping cost and time along with communicating any issues with a Malaysian seller were what made me hold out and ultimately purchase something different. After reading some pretty positive things about the Benks Unique Pro .20mm Full Front Glass I decided to give it a shot. It was (and as of writing this still is) available through Amazon Prime for $25.99 but there was an automatic $6.50 savings promotion once added to cart so it ended up costing me $19.49 shipped to my door.

PROS
Packaging was straight forward and efficient. The kit comes with everything you will need to install and one thing that deserves special recognition is the inclusion of a blue anti-static tape film. Ensuring there are no small dust particles or lint is crucial with any screen protector and I haven't personally come across one before although I can't say with any certainty others aren't doing it. Installation went perfectly - I peeled the film back, lined up the earpiece and home button, dropped it down and pushed down in the middle of the screen. There were a few micro bubbles along the top right corner on the edge of the screen but they went away on their own after a few hours. The screen is extremely smooth to the touch. No thumb/finger drag at all like so many others. The guys at Benks claim that this is Corning Gorilla Glass and if so that makes it both significantly thinner and cheaper than Imos. I was waiting to review this until I received my Caudabe Veil XT to ensure that there were no issues once a case was installed, specifically with peeling up along the edges, and am happy to report that all is well. The Veil XT is listed as .35mm and with the .20mm Benks rolling over the edges to swipe in feels completely natural. The clarity is flawless and the color matched edges are wonderful.

CONS
I am only listing this here because if I absolutely had to nitpick then I would say that the slight border along the edge of the screen is the one and only thing I would like to see fixed. I have seen a few people complain about the border and hope that my photos illustrate what this looks like, but in person they are nothing to get weird about. If this could be adjusted in future revisions it would be welcome but it certainly shouldn't affect someones purchasing decision. For a few bucks I guess it would also be nice to see a small home button ring similar to what Imos has.

WRAPUP
Stop waiting for something better and buy it for under $20 shipped while you can. It's a near perfect solution to screen protection without giving up any clarity or the original liquid smooth feel of the naked glass. Using the Benks in conjunction with a thin case and nobody will ever be overtly aware that there is a glass screen protector installed and in the end isn't the goal to protect the glass yet make it feel and appear like nothing extra is there. Benks really nailed it. Excellent product all around.

I also have this exact screen protector, it's really nice.

Only cons are dust getting under the gap, and as you say the white edges.

Also the new version of the Benks screen protector doesn't have white edges: http://www.benks.us/screen-protecto...hone-6-full-front-glass-screen-protector.html :)

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
For $25, there are much better alternative out there without the white outline around the screen. You can get the Same Cheap Quality ones with the White Outline on ebay for much cheaper!
I don't know why everyone's so excited about this cheap quality Benks glass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.