Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stu.h

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
Still on the fence about which model!! :eek:

8:01am ordering for me then, better get in the office early. Cant be done with data on the train for something so important :rolleyes::apple:

alex20hz

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
There are rumours that you will not be able to buy a contract less phone today in the US Apple Store. I just spoke with the Apple Store chat and they confirmed this.

jfreak623

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
Hitting up best buy in the am to preorder in store since I signed up for the $50 promo and have a $25 RW certificate.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Does anyone know if a preordered phone will get delivered on the release date? Or will it ship on the release date and arrive a few days later?

I'm not positive, but I think they are usually delivered on the date, rarely even the day before.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I live in the UK, so it would normally be an 8am pre order for me.

But... I'm currently in Jamaica, which is 6 hours behind the UK, so it's a 1.55am alarm call for me! :eek: :D

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
This will be my first time pre-ordering online, so my alarm is set for 1:45 (central time). I'm dreading losing sleep, and I'm worried I won't be able to pre-order due to demand.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
There are rumours that you will not be able to buy a contract less phone today in the US Apple Store. I just spoke with the Apple Store chat and they confirmed this.

That was the case with the 3GS, 4, 4s and 5 when I worked at Apple Retail.

The reason the ARS in Towson did this though was because they got a lot of scalpers buying 5 phones upfront.

arian19

macrumors demi-god
Jul 9, 2008
If you order from where? ATT or Apple? I ask because I just did a test run on the premier site with a 5S and it allowed me to put a billing address as well as a shipping address.

I chatted with apple support that is what they told me...

If you order from AT&T will you still receive if on the 19th?

alex20hz

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
That was the case with the 3GS, 4, 4s and 5 when I worked at Apple Retail.

The reason the ARS in Towson did this though was because they got a lot of scalpers buying 5 phones upfront.

Damn, I am about to travel to NYC from London the 19th. Maybe still there will be a week extra time for them?

BaldyUK

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Does this mean that the UK Will be able to order at 12am tonight?

I'm going to go for the unlocked 6 Plus.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
While I think this is going to be the most successful iPhone ever, I think pre-orders are going to be down from last year. The sizes are just too different to make the purchase before seeing them in-hand.

I think you are underestimating pent-up demand for bigger-screen phones that can run iOS, probably by giving the crowd here too much weight in terms of imagining what the masses will do. Even if EVERYONE who visits this site sits it out, that's only a tiny fraction of all iPhone buyers. And now Apple has also opened a big door for the Android crowd that had to have bigger screens so badly they've just dealt with Android to get the bigger screen with iOS.

Myself? I'm in the opposite place. I think demand will exceed supply unlike ever before… even if all of MacRumors users sat this one out to wait to get to see them in hand. But we'll see.

DempaX

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Sweden
Unlocked?

Any possibility to order an unlocked device in US on launch day? T-mobile "contract free" does not seem to be a viable option..

svale

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2009
Apple has actually confirmed the pre-order time over on the Hong Kong store.

http://store.apple.com/hk

It's 3 pm (GMT+8), which works out to midnight Pacific time. More than likely, Apple is planning a universal pre-order date of September 12 spanning all of the launch countries from the US all the way to Australia.

FrederikTK

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Denmark
Preordering in Denmark?

Is there any reason to expect to be able to preorder in second wave countries?

Historically or any other reason

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Does this mean that the UK Will be able to order at 12am tonight?

I'm going to go for the unlocked 6 Plus.

I would imagine it will be 9am tomorrow morning, but don't quote me on that.....we're on British Summer Time right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.