Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vzy085

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2014
Queens nyc
Still those of us with T-Mobile wanting to use Jump! have no clue what's going on...

Hopefully T-Mo sends out a mailer of their own.

Took me a while myself to figure out everything. If you have jump you can't pre order online needs to be done in store on the 19th. Best bet can how I'm going about things.... You can either pay off your eip... Or upgrade without jump but you will be paying 2 eip's monthly

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
Following Tuesday's announcement of both the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, Apple announced plans to begin taking pre-orders for the devices on Friday, September 12.

I wonder how many line-sitters stood up and went home on Tuesday morning.
Because, yeah, pre-ordering is the only way to go.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
I chatted with apple support that is what they told me...

If you order from AT&T will you still receive if on the 19th?

I had to use that god forsaken premier systems for the past 5 years or so. I received my phone the same time as the people who ordered it from Apple. I would assume its true this year as well.

Only bad part is, ATT site sucks and takes only 10 people to crash it.

carves

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2014
I'm a student living out of state and am still on my parents Verizon plan. Do they have to order for me, or can I order it myself?

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
12:30 p.m. for me... Perfect...! :)

64gb 6+ here I come...

I don't know how I'll manage it though... Upgrading from the 4S... I guess I'll be using the shrink mode a lot... #

juannacho

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
Still on the fence about which model!! :eek:

8:01am ordering for me then, better get in the office early. Cant be done with data on the train for something so important :rolleyes::apple:

Yes, the decision whether to go for the Plus is a tricky one! About the saddest thing I've ever done in my life with regards to tech, but this morning I rode into work with this in my pocket to get a 'feel' for life with a phablet :eek:

BxMKeeqCIAAzyOi.jpg:large

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Damn, I am about to travel to NYC from London the 19th. Maybe still there will be a week extra time for them?

Yeah, sorry to have to say it. It may be different in the New York flagship stores though.

I know if I were looking for a contract-less iPhone I'd be even more of a wreck having to wait more than 14 hours to make a purchase.

I have to say too, that I think this will be the tamest iPhone launch I've ever experienced. Either folks REALLY aren't happy with this phone or the whole rush has just died down over the years.

I hope that means I won't have to wait a month to get these things (I have to get one for the mother in law) like some did for the 5 and 5s.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Yes, the decision whether to go for the Plus is a tricky one! About the saddest thing I've ever done in my life with regards to tech, but this morning I rode into work with this in my pocket to get a 'feel' for life with a phablet :eek:

Isn't the lego piece quite a bit thicker than the phone though?

jglonek

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2012
I am probably going to be doing Verizon Edge for the iPhone 6 (hopefully I don't regret it!). Apple's online store is not set for Edge right? Just for AT&T's Next? Meh. I like having two options to order from in case one site melts down.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
T-Mobile pre-order are supposedly scheduled for Sept. 12th, but is their release date Sept. 19th as well? I read it wasn't, it was later.

Anyone confirm?

bradkrischel

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2010
USA
AT&T forces Apple to require your preorder to be shipped to your AT&T billing address! :/

Although that has happened to me in the past, I simply went in and changed the shipping address immediately after placing the pre-order. Everything showed up to the correct address on the release date.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Isn't the lego piece quite a bit thicker than the phone though?

That, and it's just one day. I thought the HTC EVO 4G was HUGE when I first got it. That 4.3" screen was GIGANTIC, but i got used to it after some time.

Thought the same about the Note 2.

After a few weeks it just becomes normal. I still manage to fit the Note 2 and an iPod Touch in the same pocket and don't notice either of them.

I wasn’t really interested until they described Apple Pay. Alas, I can’t afford one anyways.

That's nothing that time won't fix.

Vzy085

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2014
Queens nyc
I know it's hard to explain so I'm gonna try my best.

I open an account with tmobile last October, I got the note 3 I still owe 89 on it. I called tmobile they told me if I wanna jump I Gotta go to store on the 19th or either pay my eip that's left from my note or I can't upgrade without jumping and pay Monthly for both the iPhone and what's left of my note 3 which is better i save a jump, I don't have to give my note 3 back meaning I can sell it for more and I have a better opportunity to get the iPhone 6 early tomorrow

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

That's huge! I'm probably going with the 6

muadibe

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
Gotta jump on the 19th. Either pay your eip that's left or upgrade and pay two eip's

Spoke to TMO already this morning. I'm on Jump also. I simply take my 5S to the store on the 19th. Hand it in, pay the taxes on the iPhone 6 and I'll be good to go. I will probably cancel the Jump program at the same time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.