Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
What is the best fitment glass screen protector for the 6+ as of now?

Except for iLoome, don't like the colored border.

runtohell121

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2010
Anyone use or bought the Halo Screen Protectors and can comment on those? I plan on buying them because they are $3 w/ free shipping on Amazon and might be my temporary screen protector(s) until better one comes out...

frenzytom

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2014
Anyone use or bought the Halo Screen Protectors and can comment on those? I plan on buying them because they are $3 w/ free shipping on Amazon and might be my temporary screen protector(s) until better one comes out...

I got them for free when the iPhone was introduced. They sent me the iPhone 6+ version and, like other similar versions, it only covers up to edge where the curved glass is. The protector itself is very smooth, has no rainbowing and the screen is slick and not gummy like some I've used. For $3, it is very comparable to the more expensive ones that are on Amazon.

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
MIME Feather+ is only 0.15 in thickness.....probably the thinnest glass protector available. No negative effects in regards to touch sensitivity.

Do you have this installed? Any pictures?

Edit: Just found pictures

Ryvion

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2012
How is the coverage of the bodyguardz pure? Looks to be closest were going to get with edge to the edge protection. I've used the Bodyguardz Pure on my 5 for 2 years with huge success, hoping they did it again this well for the 6. Really want to purchase but scared of how many companies are leaving parts of the glass exposed to scratches/damage.

I have more glass screen protectors, the Bodyguardz Pure Glass has the widest coverage of them all. Might be able to take some pictures comparing them tomorrow.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Personally, if I am totally honest, the very first screen protectors I bought for my iPhone 6 were these ones:

http://www.spigen.co.uk/iphone-6-screen-protector-crystal-4-7.html#.VEeDRxY091A

Obviously, they are not glass tempered ones but I think, these are just as good. They leave a very slight gap all around the iPhone 6's lcd screen (about 1mm - just like the tempered glass ones do), however, these ones are super silky smooth, they show NO fingerprints, there is no 'rainbow' effect like cheaper films show and are obviously a lot thinner than glass shields, and finally - they come in a pack of 3. I've had mine on since release day of the iPhone 6 and can see NO scratches (not even hair line) on these at all.

I've looked around at ALL other glass tempered shields and the reality is, I am not happy with how ANY of them look on the iPhone 6.

Don't really go for the 'wet install' variety either as these all tend to have that 'sticky rubbery feel' and 'orange peel' look - both which I hate!

In my view, you can't beat Spigen's Crystal Clear protectors (and NO I don't work for Spigen!!)!

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Well I bit the bullet and purchased the iloome skin protector in black. My only concern is if it'll play nicely with a case.

Does anyone know?

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Can someone please help me find one that is not wet applied, doesnt have crappy cut outs, cover the whole screen and its completely clear with no color overlay or edge color like the iloome. PLEASE!!!

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Can someone please help me find one that is not wet applied, doesnt have crappy cut outs, cover the whole screen and its completely clear with no color overlay or edge color like the iloome. PLEASE!!!

Doesn't exist.

mgs315

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
hnzRZzS.jpg

fJcRD5S.jpg

NPr9uk9.jpg

wdGZxMU.jpg

Fresh wet install of a Skinomi front only film screen protector on a less than hour old 6+. Now to leave it 4-5 hours to set properly.

Not holding out on the edges staying down as they're well over the rounded edge. Maybe they'll be hidden under my Neo Hybrid. We'll see soon. Either way, the protector only cost like £4 so who cares. Not spot on alignment but the edges are nigh on impossible to spot in the flesh.

maclove4life

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Is that glass or film? And what is the coverage like on that one?

Thanks.

it's film... even though it's film...more protection than glass because glass and glass is more easily to crack. another thing of glass is that the measurement of the glass won't cover the whole phone..it can actually leave vulnerability to the phone and scratches. The film ones..doesn't cover all the way..BUT it covers about 90 percent of it...whereas the glass covers 80-85 percent of the phone.

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
it's film... even though it's film...more protection than glass because glass and glass is more easily to crack. another thing of glass is that the measurement of the glass won't cover the whole phone..it can actually leave vulnerability to the phone and scratches. The film ones..doesn't cover all the way..BUT it covers about 90 percent of it...whereas the glass covers 80-85 percent of the phone.

Thanks, I will have to check that out.

Personally I prefer film myself anyway as I believe glass is a bit thicker?

JYCH

macrumors member
May 5, 2010

Fresh wet install of a Skinomi front only film screen protector on a less than hour old 6+. Now to leave it 4-5 hours to set properly.

Not holding out on the edges staying down as they're well over the rounded edge. Maybe they'll be hidden under my Neo Hybrid. We'll see soon. Either way, the protector only cost like £4 so who cares. Not spot on alignment but the edges are nigh on impossible to spot in the flesh.

That looks pretty good. How's the clarity and does it have 'orange peel' effect on the screen? thanks

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
iPhone 6 screen protectors - post yours

Just ordered Best Skins Ever front and rear pieces with matte finish. Never had the matte finish before, but thought I'd try it out. $12.99 for the whole thing shipped.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Anyone using the Mime? Seems to be the thinnest one out there and looks real nice. A bit pricy at $30 (any coupons out there?). The Imos looks fantastic, but it's $60 and that seems a bit crazy.

pschatz12

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Anyone using the Mime? Seems to be the thinnest one out there and looks real nice. A bit pricy at $30 (any coupons out there?). The Imos looks fantastic, but it's $60 and that seems a bit crazy.

Emos is $20 on amazon

maclove4life

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Thanks, I will have to check that out.

Personally I prefer film myself anyway as I believe glass is a bit thicker?

It's simewhat thicker but film is good scratch proof
It's hdx not hd. Hd requires spraying and hdx don't require spray

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.