Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
It's not heavy at all. It's thicker than a regular screen protector, but it's not as thick as you think when you think of "glass".
It's as thick as hmmm... like a credit card.

But I'll definitely let you know tomorrow. :D

If you never had a glass screen protector before -it's so much better than regular plastic ones.

BTW, as a tip: If you buy it, don't get it directly from Spigen's site. Get it under Spigen but through Amazon. Then you can use your Amazon Prime trial if you don't have Prime, and you'll get it in 3 days. :)

----------

I like it without the cut-out as well. But it doesn't bother me much.

....can you feel the lip as obviously the glass protector does not go all the way to the edge of the iPhone 6 screen due to the curve?!

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
Just to update you guys I got the Spigen crystal protectors for the iPhone 6 from Amazon UK.

As reviewed by everyone else indeed it has no camera cut out, I've returned them I can't be bothered.

Very poor on Spigen's part, they don't reply to Facebook/Twitter. They should've stopped selling the damn screen protectors if there was a new updated batch.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Just to update you guys I got the Spigen crystal protectors for the iPhone 6 from Amazon UK.

As reviewed by everyone else indeed it has no camera cut out, I've returned them I can't be bothered.

Very poor on Spigen's part, they don't reply to Facebook/Twitter. They should've stopped selling the damn screen protectors if there was a new updated batch.

...why are people SO hung up about having a cut out for the camera??!?! :rolleyes:

The CLEAR protector will obviously lay over the camera which isn't going to effect the camera in ANY way, BECAUSE IT IS CLEAR (the clue is in the name!!) ?!?!?

My Spigen Glass T.R for my iPhone 5 has only a cut out for the home button and one for the ear piece but none for the camera. It has NEVER effected any photos taken with the front camera (very very few) + Facetime calls don't get effected by the protector neither.

Can someone care to explain................?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
...why are people SO hung up about having a cut out for the camera??!?! :rolleyes:

The CLEAR protector will obviously lay over the camera which isn't going to effect the camera in ANY way, BECAUSE IT IS CLEAR (the clue is in the name!!) ?!?!?

My Spigen Glass T.R for my iPhone 5 has only a cut out for the home button and one for the ear piece but none for the camera. It has NEVER effected any photos taken with the front camera (very very few) + Facetime calls don't get effected by the protector neither.

Can someone care to explain................?

FYI, Glass T.R is glass, and no plastic. It has better optical qualities.

Any transducer in the path of light, causes distortion, great or small. Especially the polymer screen protectors, have a tendency to discolor over time, and get creases in them. They are NOT ideal as a lens.

----------

On Amazon, they show with a Camera cutout now...?

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
On Amazon, they show with a Camera cutout now...?

Indeed it does show a cut out but Amazon haven't got the new batch from Spigen - I am assuming. But I've complained to Amazon that this is misleading and they said they will investigate the matter (doubt it).

I wouldn't risk buying the same screen protectors from the other buyers either before contacting them to make sure, most likely they're the exact same ones. Plus the ones sold by Spigen fulfilled by Amazon are not there anymore.

So now I'm hunting for a new screen protector that is fulfilled by Amazon so I can't get it tomorrow :rolleyes:

pazz

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
London, England
I also ordered the Spigen Crystal x3 pack from Amazon.

The cut outs are badly positioned. I began by aligning the earpiece speaker to then realise it didn't align with the home button perfectly.

Also the width of the protector is not sufficient to cover the display itself. I have a white iPhone 6 and can see that, when the screen is off, the black of the display is not fully covered at the edges by the protector.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I also ordered the Spigen Crystal x3 pack from Amazon.

The cut outs are badly positioned. I began by aligning the earpiece speaker to then realise it didn't align with the home button perfectly.

Also the width of the protector is not sufficient to cover the display itself. I have a white iPhone 6 and can see that, when the screen is off, the black of the display is not fully covered at the edges by the protector.

This is what happens when companies produce accessories without the actual phone in hand. I think we will be seeing a lot of revised versions coming soon. I would say use it temporarily until Spigen comes out with a better fitting protector.

larry00

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
I pre-ordered Power Support's AFP Crystal Film this morning. It's supposed to start shipping on October 6th.

I preorderd the same item today. I have had a Crystal Film protector on my 4S for almost 3 years and it still looks great.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011

I pre-ordered Power Support's AFP Crystal Film this morning. It's supposed to start shipping on October 6th.

I preorderd the same item today. I have had a Crystal Film protector on my 4S for almost 3 years and it still looks great.

So strange so did I as well BUT....

Ordered!!! I'll pick it up today :)

I also ordered in store for pickup today! Can anyone confirm they saw the screen protectors at the store?

foulmouthedleon

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Annapolis, MD
So strange so did I as well BUT....

I also ordered in store for pickup today! Can anyone confirm they saw the screen protectors at the store?

Confirmed. I've yet to put it on, but it's the only one they had. I picked it up at my local Apple store about an hour ago.

ETA: This is for the iPhone 6, I assume they had the 6 Plus but I wasn't looking for that one.

2mww0g.jpg

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
^ Ew, I do not like those cutouts at all. Would rather have the square one over that double dip cutout at the top.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Confirmed. I've yet to put it on, but it's the only one they had. I picked it up at my local Apple store about an hour ago.

ETA: This is for the iPhone 6, I assume they had the 6 Plus but I wasn't looking for that one.

Do you have your phone yet, can you let us know how the edges feel when installed?

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011

Why the double cutout at the top? Strange...

Has anyone got any pictures of their protectors on the phone yet?

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah it almost looks like they made a mistake or something on the top cutout… haven't seen any other protector that looks like that yet

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010

Not mine, but here's one: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/19789223/

----------

Yeah it almost looks like they made a mistake or something on the top cutout… haven't seen any other protector that looks like that yet

Doesn't look like a mistake to me. That's how they are pictured on their website: http://www.powersupportintl.com/AFP-Crystal-Film-iPhone-6-p/pyc-01.htm

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I was hoping power support would find a way to cover the entire screen. at least that's what they told me in an email.
Not digging the cutouts so I guess I'll finally go fully naked on the iPhone

I'm with you. I'm either going without a screen protector (first time ever) or go back to a wet install. I'll test out my tempered glass from Xtremeguards later tonight when I get home from work and post photos.

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
How are you guys returning them to Amazon for free? It cost just as much to ship them back as it does to purchase them. I wish we could just ship them back in an envelope.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011

Just installed mine (powersupport antiglare) for the +, the protector does NOT cover the entire glass screen which is very annoying -___-

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
To be perfectly honest, seeing that the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6+ were only released today, personally, I can't see ANY manufacturer producing ANY screen protector which will cover ALL of the phone's front.

I think we are gonna have to wait a while for manufacturers to actually developed screen protectors which are based on the actually size of the 6 and 6+ (as opposed to just dummies pre-release day) and so that they fit on the curved displays.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I'm with you. I'm either going without a screen protector (first time ever) or go back to a wet install. I'll test out my tempered glass from Xtremeguards later tonight when I get home from work and post photos.
Same here trying to see the numerous installs and decide on what I'm going to do. I think I'll end up going wet install as well. Which wet installs are the clearest?
Just installed mine (powersupport antiglare) for the +, the protector does NOT cover the entire glass screen which is very annoying -___-

Can we see what it looks like, does your finger catch it a lot?

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012

Yeah let us know how it turns out. Couple friends say they've never used screen protectors and no scratches. But I think at this point id prefer it just in case for its resale value in two years

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.