Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Has anyone here tried a wet install film like BSE?

I have used them on smaller non-touch screen like Fitbit Alta, but never on the iphone.
These will provide a true edge to edge, but I'm concerned about the touch feeling and orange peel look.

I haven’t used one for years but unless they’ve drastically changed they are rubbery and make sliding your finger nearly impossible.

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
Anyone know an E2E glass that fits the Smart Battery Case? I currenty love the Godosmith because of its curved edges but I feel like it wont fit :( (fits my silicone case for now)

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
Anyone know an E2E glass that fits the Smart Battery Case? I currenty love the Godosmith because of its curved edges but I feel like it wont fit :( (fits my silicone case for now)

All 3D edge to edge protectors have the same design and thickness. A more case friendly option is Manto, not true edge to edge but quite close. Also plastic rimmed ones like Zagg Luxe.
[doublepost=1502928015][/doublepost]
Wet film on the glass touch screen makes me nervous. No thanks.

The iPhone 7 is waterproof
[doublepost=1502928084][/doublepost]
I haven’t used one for years but unless they’ve drastically changed they are rubbery and make sliding your finger nearly impossible.

I may try one and report back. They should have improved by now. At least the matte BSE one feels very smooth, but for the iPhone I would get glossy.

Last edited:

Adam5ive

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2017
I'd like this subforum to have a go to place for discussion regarding glass screen protectors either for the iPhone 7 or 7 plus. This can be for standard variety or edge to edge (E2E).

Has anyone found glass screen protectors for the 7 yet? Which manufacturers? Anyone taking preorders?

iPhone 7,6 protector glass.

I have my brand I just started this year. I currently have .33mm tempered 9h glass. It's a premium product. Best thing is there is no adhesive to leave a hard to clean mess left over.
Right now for my product launch I'm doing 2 iPhone Screen Protectors for $5.99. Comes with everything you need to install in accurate with no bubbles. I will also give free shipping starting now for everyone. Link to buy
http://r.ebay.com/WIwYbM

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
iPhone 7,6 protector glass.

I have my brand I just started this year. I currently have .33mm tempered 9h glass. It's a premium product. Best thing is there is no adhesive to leave a hard to clean mess left over.
Right now for my product launch I'm doing 2 iPhone Screen Protectors for $5.99. Comes with everything you need to install in accurate with no bubbles. I will also give free shipping starting now for everyone. Link to buy
http://r.ebay.com/WIwYbM
I notice that inn your eBay description you mention other protectors leaving a sticky residue.

Problem is, I’ve used many glass protectors and not one of them has ever left any sticky residue.

Adam5ive

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2017
I notice that inn your eBay description you mention other protectors leaving a sticky residue.

Problem is, I’ve used many glass protectors and not one of them has ever left any sticky residue.

Hi will, I mentioned that because I replaced a bunch of old screen protectors of friends I sold mine too and a few times I had to use multiple alcohol pads to clean the residue left behind from there old screen protector. So I'm sure it's a hit or miss depending on the brand and the adhesive.

eyedrop0

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2017
Hello everyone. Im looking for the most optically transparent screen protector available for my standard iPhone 7, at a reasonable price of $20 or under. Ive tried 3 different protectors, all of them make the screen slightly darker, and adds a very slight yellow tint to the colors, which is especially noticeable with the whites...

These protectors are advertised as being perfectly transparent. They're not. You would assume that maybe the adhesive they are using must alter the picture in some way... Not sure if a perfect picture is even possible with a screen protector. Are the plastic protectors better, optically speaking?

Any suggestions?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Will,

Are you still liking your Techump protector? Does it work well with cases?

Thanks,

scjr
Are you referring to my ThanoTech protector? I’d so, yes. It’s top-notch. Also, I somehow managed to crack it, and for $5 they replace it. Not bad at all.

Reactions: scjr

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Are you referring to my ThanoTech protector? I’d so, yes. It’s top-notch. Also, I somehow managed to crack it, and for $5 they replace it. Not bad at all.
Sorry, Will. That's the one. Appreciate your feedback.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
Here is a really cool and not so expensive tempered glass screen protector, check it out, hope it works for you guys.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...MAN4Z&linkId=721bd08976f522ed7c3ede02f187cbc3

I have used this one and the coverage is quite lacking. Leaves a lot of space between the protector and cases. Also home button opening is a horseshoe shape leaving even more glass exposed.

For a cheap case compatible option Manto is a better option (almost edge to edge).
For full 3D, then Orzly.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
I've noticed recommendations for TechMatte's amFilm glass protectors on a couple websites. I'm contemplating switching to their screen protectors for the iPhone X instead of overspending on a brand like Zagg or Belkin.

Anyone have any experience with TechMatte products. Any thoughts?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I've noticed recommendations for TechMatte's amFilm glass protectors on a couple websites. I'm contemplating switching to their screen protectors for the iPhone X instead of overspending on a brand like Zagg or Belkin.

Anyone have any experience with TechMatte products. Any thoughts?
Yup. They’re the best cheap protector, and if you ever break it, they’ll send you more. They’re popular for a reason.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Yup. They’re the best cheap protector, and if you ever break it, they’ll send you more. They’re popular for a reason.
Can you compare TechMatte's quality to any of the bigger brand names out there? Most of my prior experience is with Zagg's Glass+ (which is obviously overpriced, but I find the quality to be pretty solid). I'm looking to save a couple bucks, but not skimp on quality of the screen protector itself...

If you have any other brand recommendations I'd love to hear them too! :)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Can you compare TechMatte's quality to any of the bigger brand names out there? Most of my prior experience is with Zagg's Glass+ (which is obviously overpriced, but I find the quality to be pretty solid). I'm looking to save a couple bucks, but not skimp on quality of the screen protector itself...

If you have any other brand recommendations I'd love to hear them too! :)
At that price, just give it a shot. It’s been a while since I’ve bought Zagg.

Just know, AmFilm isn’t edge to edge. Currently, my favorite edge to edge is from ThanoTech. It’s a little pricier, but it’s really nice, they have great customer service, and replacements for accidental breakage are $5.

Reactions: charlesdayton

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York

Just know, AmFilm isn’t edge to edge. Currently, my favorite edge to edge is from ThanoTech. It’s a little pricier, but it’s really nice, they have great customer service, and replacements for accidental breakage are $5.
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. I'm one of those people who fall out of the loop on top accessory brands once I settle on cases/screen-protectors each generation. Trying to catch up before November comes around...

Reactions: willmtaylor

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013

Will,

Have you used the Amfilm non edge to edge that they sell on Amazon in a 2-pack ? If so, how’s the oleophobic coating?

Thanks.

Anshur

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2017
Hi everybody, I'm looking for a edge to edge screen protector as I'm upgrading from 6 to 8, but i'm a bit lost with all the options out there.

I'm looking for a edge to edge one with rounded edges (so not the ThanoTech), and good oleophobic coating. The most popular seem to be the D&P/switcheasy and the Thanotech (which doesn't have rounded edge it seem?).

Would you recommend a better one ? I don't mind paying a little extra.

ps: I used to have a Cinder on my iphone 6, are they sill any good ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.