Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alialikat

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2015
Jolly Ol' England
Anyone had deliveries via UPS. Do they offer a delivery window on delivery day? Their app / website is a little confusing.
No, I've had loads of UPS deliveries before and none have ever given a window. DPD are the only carrier I believe to give hour time slots, UKmail do three hours (but they never arrive in that time lol).

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I'm going to an Apple store this coming weekend if I don't see any movement on my iPhones this week.

Stores seem to have stock of what I want

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
No, I've had loads of UPS deliveries before and none have ever given a window. DPD are the only carrier I believe to give hour time slots, UKmail do three hours (but they never arrive in that time lol).
Agree, UPS don't only DPD in my experience.

stueymacd

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
North East, UK
Still in China this morning :(

Attachments

• IMG_3929.PNG
    IMG_3929.PNG
    84.4 KB · Views: 157

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
U.K. Mail give 1 hour windows now. Last 3 deliveries they arrived in the window.
[doublepost=1474789845][/doublepost]
4 days in a row now with no rose gold pluses at all. Joke :(
I know they seem to be thin on the ground at the moment. I was going to see if I could swap my 128GB rose gold plus for the 256GB but there's been nothing in my local store since I got the phone on launch day. I may as well just stick with it now. I pay for 200GB of iCloud storage anyway.

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
U.K. Mail give 1 hour windows now. Last 3 deliveries they arrived in the window.
[doublepost=1474789845][/doublepost]
I know they seem to be thin on the ground at the moment. I was going to see if I could swap my 128GB rose gold plus for the 256GB but there's been nothing in my local store since I got the phone on launch day. I may as well just stick with it now. I pay for 200GB of iCloud storage anyway.
[doublepost=1474791359][/doublepost]But UPS state you can get a free est of delivery window ??

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.pdf
    222.1 KB · Views: 90

Felixmycat

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
UK
[doublepost=1474791359][/doublepost]But UPS state you can get a free est of delivery window ??

Yeah you gotta sign up to ups my choice and that takes a while because they send a letter to verify it's your address. Like honestly the window isn't that great mine says 12:15-4:15 so really it's just saying it'll be delivered in the afternoon

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Yeah you gotta sign up to ups my choice and that takes a while because they send a letter to verify it's your address. Like honestly the window isn't that great mine says 12:15-4:15 so really it's just saying it'll be delivered in the afternoon
Yeah I remember last year my watch was being delivered by UPS but I didn't find out until the day before so it was too late to sign up. This year I signed up a few days before but the letter arrived after my phone which was incidentally delivered by Uk mail.

Adam_Cr

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2016
Lancaster
Can I have a link to this please?

https://www.flightradar24.com/ABW686/b1c4502
[doublepost=1474796514][/doublepost]I could only get the DHL plane tracking thing on their mobile site: http://m.dhl.co.uk/en/tracking.html?trackingType=logistics-air-freight&trackingInput

Enter your DHL tracking number and select "Air Freight Tracking" on the dropdown.

The tracking page for the plane from the Netherlands to the UK can be found by entering the delivery reference found on your dispatch email into the DHL "Track by Shipper's Reference" page which can be found here: http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

FiftyPence

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Added it to that post.

Check out the 3D option in flightradar, very cool. But the flight seems to be headed to moscow and then perhaps onto another plane headed to Netherlands. Then the DHL tracking will start working from eindhoven.

Adam_Cr

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2016
Lancaster
Check out the 3D option in flightradar, very cool. But the flight seems to be headed to moscow and then perhaps onto another plane headed to Netherlands. Then the DHL tracking will start working from eindhoven.

Yeah. I imagine they would have to refuel at some point so maybe that's what that is?

FiftyPence

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Based on the weight of the DHL shipment and weight of an iPhone 7 plus, we are looking at approx 1200 iPhones in the shipment.

Reactions: Adam_Cr

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Just sat in a coffee shop in Birmingham having successfully picked up my matte black Plus!
Very pleased. And a wonderful store.

I asked if I could do the upgrade program and the guy just pointed to the queue of about 30 people waiting to do the same thing saying "you can do it if you want to wait in that". I declined.

He did say though that I can make a reservation for the upgrade program and go and try for it, and then if I'm accepted get this new one I've bought outright refunded. Might be tempted to do that within the 14 days I'll see.

Can't wait to get home now and get it all up and running :). Good luck to all those still trying. It's worth the wait believe me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.