Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
Okay, the antenna lines don't look that bad, but please, fix the camera alignment with the corner radius...

backcamera.png

Last edited:
Reactions: koifish22

radus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2009
Hello,
just a question to people with more insight -- what makes it so difficult to produce a bezel-less smartphone ?
are there technological problems to do that or is there no need to advance ?

Reactions: 5105973 and S G

Oblivious.Robot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Apple may use to save space internally and shave off precious, fractions of a millimetre from the device's size.
Gods just reading it makes me do a facepalm, it even sounds so dramatic! :eek:

-
A thinner phone is perfectly fine, but not at the cost of reducing battery capacity.
They can then run the damn iPhone by a roadroller if they want.

And of course, newer chips and better iOS efficiency would obviously help.
But again, they cut away the battery to a point where parts begin to protrude.
Thereby just giving similar or less battery and then go on to sell the iHump.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laxington

Laxington

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2012
Why don't the listen to their customers? No one wants a thinner iPhone!!!!!! The iPhone is too thin to use it without a case already. Make it thicker and put more battery capacity in! This is my last iPhone if it don't gets thicker.

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008
For goodness sake. We need better battery life and not thinner phones! How hard is that to understand?

Those things are not mutually exclusive categories. I love the continued push towards thinner phones. I'd argue for Apple only stopping the push towards thinness if they cannot maintain the same battery life (they have so far, or even improved it) while also improving performance.

I look forward to the day when iPhones are no thicker than a sheet of paper that's powered by heat from our bodies, solar cells, movement, etc.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i actually think it looks boring and unimaginative without those antenna lines lol

i am just waiting for them to remove the mute switch tbh

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Wouldn't it be kind of cool if they removed the camera and all the physical buttons to make it thinner, but like you could buy them as lightning addons. I'll write tim

Reactions: Laxington

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
So much freaking complaining about continuing thinness and lightness. Do you guys not realize that there is only so much more they can shave off before it's too thin to possibly be functional? At that point, which I believe will be sooner than later, Apple will have achieved the minimal physical size possible then will "double down" on chip efficiency to further boost battery life. But then I remember I'm on macrumors so yeah... /s

Reactions: duffman9000

lysingur

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2013
Microsoft is putting its money on the big things, VR, bots, augmented reality and cloud while the only obsession that Apple seems to have these days is thinness over functionality.

The days of Apple being the leader in innovation is long gone, people.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Yet where is this creativity when it comes to battery tech?
Maybe in the 2017 10th Anniversary iPhone.

It could have a radically different design (depending on what you consider radical), and significantly better battery life while being even thinner and lighter than the 2016 phones. This won't please the people who want their iPhone to be THICK, but for the rest of us, a quick charge for days of typical use would be a game changer.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Microsoft is putting its money on the big things, VR, bots, augmented reality and cloud while the only obsession that Apple seems to have these days is thinness over functionality.

The days of Apple being the leader in innovation is long gone, people.
Can you list the specific innovations that Apple produced in the days of Apple being the leader in innovation?

Just so we can tear them down...

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Thinner and lighter instead of improving battery life. Classic.
What is bad in making non-battery components thinner? Would you rather have an iPhone that is 50% thicker and 50% heavier with the same battery life? Apple picks a battery life and then makes the device as thin as possible. Making non-battery components thicker won't make Apple choose a different battery life. Apple certainly has enough usage data to know what percentage of its users get by with charging the device once per day. Apple might have an internal goal of X% of its users making it through the day with a single charge. How thin the antenna is won't change that goal.

And in fact their individual battery life ratings have slowly increased from model to model:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 22.23.55.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 22.23.55.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 156
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.