Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrfiock

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2008
Burbank CA.
I thought our beloved iPhone looked pretty clean with the black UI on white.

2ypkznq.gif

^my quick PS rendering^

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Two thoughts... First off, Apple likes to do the multiple color options for their iPods so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of iPhones eventually being multiple colors. Second, Apple has slowly been moving away from the all white look. With the revision of the iMac & keyboard, the entire iPod line ditching white, and the Pro lines being aluminum, Apple now only has one computer in white, the MacBook. Not even tv is white. The only things still white are Airport, the MacBook and a few accessories like the remote and Mighty Mouse. It appears that silver/aluminum is their new base color.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I love my iPhone just the color it is...on the face. I REALLY want a black backing!

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
I would really like a white one. Favorite color :-D But then again, it'd be more flashy and attract more attention...

ripkord

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Isn't Apple's colour White? I know that they're been going white/black on some things lately, but defualt has always been white. I want a white iPhone!

God no! PERVERT!

lol seriously though, white, eww.. that was soo early 2000s they need so come up with something new and we'll look back asn day YUCK like we do at the (cool at the time) orifinal iMacs. Yuck.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Everything goes out of style after a while. Or at least, you can date things by their style.

The iPhone will eventually be (and partially is now) dated by its:

• Retro chrome.
  • Black face.
  • Two year old busy spinner animation.
  • Glass icons.
  • Blue-gray backgrounds.
  • Rounded boxes.

A lot of these were hot a couple of years ago on the web, from which much of the apps derive (Google maps, Yahoo weather and stocks, etc).

hiptobesquare

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2003
Iowa
Colorware is already doing this...

http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-103-iphone.aspx

Not an endorsement or anything, just an informational link for the topic. I have no experience with them, have just seen them on the web.

Personally, I like the idea of a hard coat of paint on the back, which is more scratch resistant, and hides scratches better than chrome or brushed aluminum.

But what I really wish Apple would do, is nix the chrome border around the face, and either make it black-chrome, or charcoal like the iPod touch.

The iPod Touch looks much more sophisticated than the iPhone, (and almost every other device, as well) just by not having the "bling" around the edge, and having it slightly different than black, but still dark.

Maybe iPhone Rev 2 will look more like the iPod touch. I would certainly buy an iPod Touch if I didn't mind carrying more than one device, and that I want cellular network access off of wi-fi. The iPhone has it's drawbacks, too.

As an digital media player with internet access, the iPod Touch is extremely hard to beat, especially with 32GB of space, and finally the inclusion of some of the iPhone's apps. That phone/cell internet functionality is the big kicker that pushes me over to the iPhone, and will probably be having me buy one at the end of the month, after the sdk announcement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.