Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamie 360

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Boston
I hate the Landscape Keyboard, and when laying in bed it always switches, and is super annoying

Totally agree. To be honest, the copy/paste feature equally annoys me...

MOST ANNOYING is when I end a phone call, it seems like the screen doesn't light back up instantly when the phone is tilted, like my 2G used to. When I'm done with the call, I have to tilt it/tap the screen a few times to hit "end call" (if the other person doesn't hang up right away, the call would still be going with the screen off.) This is the crap that used to annoy the hell out of me with the Treo phones that I never experienced with the 2G.) I've been tempted on several occasions to put my sim back in my 2G. I have 3G turned off 80% of the time since it's such a battery hog, so I'm using Edge anyway! :mad:

One other thing: I wasn't paying attention at first and later realized my sales tax was for "the unbundled cost" which doubled my sales tax. (In CA, MA & RI) Would this have been the case if I ordered from AT&T instead!? I'm not getting how they can claim they gave me the eligible upgrade price, if they still added "unbundled tax"on!? Not to mention the 48 hour activation time=$18 activation fee.) :mad:

Jamie 360

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Boston
Haven't seen this talked about so it might not be a concern to most but it is driving me crazy that I can't 'shake' to change songs when listening to music and the iPhone is in standby mode. Why would I even want to shake it after going through all the trouble of reopening the iPod control? Now that I had to reopen it to activate shake, I can just push the 'next' arrow since it's staring at me. If this ever comes to light, a sensitivity control would be nice as well. The only way that I can make this work the way I want now is to remove autolock and keep the iPod open at all times but that doesn't do much for battery life. Anyone else?

Sitting here LMAO. I thought I was the only one! I was thinking the EXACT same thing while on the train the other day--if I have to take the phone out of my pocket to turn on the phone anyway, why not just press the track forward button instead of shaking it, causing a scene in public? Of course I wouldn't have that problem to begin with if my Vibe Duo button controls worked with the 3GS!! I've always wished there was a track forward button on the side for this reason. As I just said in an earlier post, sometimes I have to shake the phone when I end a call to make the screen turn on again. (Which is loads of fun when music starts playing after the other person hangs up, and my songs are changing as I'm trying to get the picture back.) This is all really becoming a comedy skit.

Just yesterday I put the phone back in my pocket before running down the stairs and the screen must have still be lit up because it changed songs like crazy. Really lame feature that is now turned off. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't feel good about shaking a device on purpose that contains 32 gigs, a compass, etc inside. Perhaps thats why the batteries are discoloring the white models...are the batteries coming loose or something!? :D

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
And without the iPhone, you wouldn't be seeing any Palm Pre. Or any other Touch-based device on the market worth spitting on for another few years.

The Pre was never a real threat. Let's not kid ourselves.

Fallacy

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Looks good! I normally only install the SDK versions of the OS on my iPod Touch, but I'm tempted to stick this on my new GS, to check out the video editing APIs.

Since 3.0 I've noticed mail making a bit of a mess with my Exchange inbox over IMAP - duplicate messages and the such like. Is anybody else getting that?

I had a problem with my non-exchange IMAP account duplicating emails. I deleted the account and recreated it, and it's been fine since :)

isaaclimdc

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
- MMS is now enabled by default, but still not supported by AT&T.

Haha AT&T seriously needs to buck-up here...

- iPhone vibrates when rearranging Home screen icons.

Why would anyone what that?? That's such a weird feature!

- A "Fraud Protection" toggle is now available in Safari settings.

Great thing to implement, but why must it be toggled? Something like this should be on by default and stay on..

SoftPretzel

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
Desired Cal improvements that should be implemented -

- ability to move appointments by the click/hold/wiggle system (like moving app positions) when in daily or weekly view (shouldnt have to manually edit the date time, we should be able to drag/drop the appointments.)

I really like this idea!

Thex1138

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Click and Short Vibe Haptic Feedback in Dev 3.1?

Hey Dev Team... here's a simple change request...
A short Vibration along with the click sound when the keyboard key is pressed...
Simulated haptic feedback until we have the real thing :D

conman16

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
I just want this update to stop my f*cking app icons from getting mixed up. It's pissin me off damm!t. Does this update fix that?

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
For the ppl complaining about the shake to shuffle feature not working in standby: I think it's set up like it is so that the phone doesnt randomize your music if you accidentally happen to pick up or move the phone wrong. That being said, you can simply double click the home button from standby mode and shake to shuffle.

As for a fix I'd like to see: The mail app is horribly insecure. It automatically displays hyperlinked images in emails! What the hell is that, Apple? Now if I accidentally open a spam email, my lovely iPhone lets the spammers know that my email address is active! Thanks, dicks!

ikm19

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Texas
Does any one has problem with adding contact from recent list. I am not able to add them even i click save after entering all the info it doesnt save the number instead it make a new contact with my contact info without the number. I have to manually copy paste the number or click again on the number and select "add to existing contact"

I am not sure its covered up before i think i had same bug when i was on 3.0 now i am on 3.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.