Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoomy

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
hello

i just got an original tmobile 16GB iPhone and compared to my old 8gb iPhone i find the screen really bad. while i dont have the negativ black screen issue, i find the black to be grey, it looks like a grey layer on top of all the other colors. adjusting the brightness doesnt help, it looks like the gamma is set too high.

anyone has a similar screen?

MacsAttack

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2006
Scotland
I'm beginning to think that I'll want to hang onto my iPhone as long as possible. Even if vastly "improved" version comes out it looks like Apple will probably try and boost their margins with a less expensive screen. I can live without GPS and 3G if the tradeoff is the screen quality.

They can have my perfect screen iPhone when they pry it from my cold dead fingers :D

Draddy

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
I bought a week 01 a couple of weeks ago (88801EF) with screen 7459072 and it looks great. Definitely none of the black issues, and no dead pixels.

Rumorist

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2007
Los Angeles
Refurb 8GB from AT&T has issue

Bought an 8GB refurb from AT&T to "upgrade" from my 4GB thinking that the negative black issue has been solved. Sold the 4GB as soon as I got the 8GB. Now I'm regreting it.

I backed up my 4GB and now notice the photos that were taken with the 4GB are not as sharp when viewed on the 8GB. Black areas in photos and movies have very visible blotches. Also noticed gray circles on the charging battery welcome screen.

None of these issues were on my old 4GB with the 5-series LCD. I would've thought Apple had taken care of this issue by now.

Anyhow, Genius Bar here I come.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.