Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmarky

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Hold Both buttons in for 15 seconds with it Plugged in, it should go into restore mode

on intunes then press Shift and click restore and locate your image, you should reinstall 1.1.5 though once its working its perfect

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I want a touch, but when I read news like this, I feel like owning one would require paying an Apple Tax every few months.

<]=)

Most of the updates are free - they only charge when something huge and awesome (like app store or Jan update). Totally worth it. I've paid $30 for seven months of use of awesomeness.

The kool-aid tastes great!

panadero

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2008
Is this real???

Anyone else see that the link points to:

http: //appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPod/SBML/osx/bundles/061-4841.20080714.bgy8O/iPod1,1_1.1.5_4B1_Restore.ipsw

I'm sure that edgesuite.net does NOT host official Apple firmware. I hope your data isn't being shoveled off to a foreign country...good luck...:confused:

mrmarky

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008

http: //appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPod/SBML/osx/bundles/061-4841.20080714.bgy8O/iPod1,1_1.1.5_4B1_Restore.ipsw

I'm sure that edgesuite.net does NOT host official Apple firmware. I hope your data isn't being shoveled off to a foreign country...good luck...:confused:

you dont' have to get it from there

I got a message to upgrade to 1.1.5 in itunes then it started to download

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK

Are you joking? edgesuite.net is akamai - all apple firmware comes from similar URLs.

Silverfist

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
This is TOTAL BS!!!

I as an itouch owner am OUTRAGED at this garbage!

Apple should be charging at least $4.95 for this update, and not just give it out for free!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:)rolleyes:)

N

natezire71

Nobody else mentioned this yet...

I went on vacation the day 2.0 went out. And since it was all screwy with the Apple Servers, I was unable to update. So, when I get home on the 19th I was gonna update to 2.0. Now with this update to 1.1.5, since it increases speed and what not, I would upgrade to 1.1.5 first, then 2.0. Wouldn't that mean I would still have the speed boost given by 1.1.5? I was wondering if this also might HELP the buggy 2.0. I doubt that it would, but maybe it would AID it. Any thoughts on that?

Ps: I not jailbroken, and I never will be. I am on firmware 1.1.4

mrmarky

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Nobody else mentioned this yet...

I went on vacation the day 2.0 went out. And since it was all screwy with the Apple Servers, I was unable to update. So, when I get home on the 19th I was gonna update to 2.0. Now with this update to 1.1.5, since it increases speed and what not, I would upgrade to 1.1.5 first, then 2.0. Wouldn't that mean I would still have the speed boost given by 1.1.5? I was wondering if this also might HELP the buggy 2.0. I doubt that it would, but maybe it would AID it. Any thoughts on that?

Ps: I not jailbroken, and I never will be. I am on firmware 1.1.4

2.0 would totally clear 1.1.5 there will be no trace of it when 2.0 is fully on, if you imagine the update as a full operating system thats how it all works, your music and photos are stored in a directory that the update never alters.

ervabu

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Looks like they may have changed the way wifi works from version 1.1.4 - before my touch would pick up email when the display was off & locked.

Now, the wifi icon shows disconnected every time that I move the slider across to unlock it. Who knows.

Optimus Frag

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2008
North Yorkshire, England
The testing of 2.0.1 for the iPhone doesn't surprise me.

Am I the only one that thinks that the inputting of text and Sarfari isn't as responsive as they once were?

Sarfari in particular keeps hanging up since I updated. I've tried restore but no change.

Or is it just my imagination that 2.0 isn't as stable as before?

HitchHykr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Virginia
The testing of 2.0.1 for the iPhone doesn't surprise me.

Am I the only one that thinks that the inputting of text and Sarfari isn't as responsive as they once were?

Sarfari in particular keeps hanging up since I updated. I've tried restore but no change.

Or is it just my imagination that 2.0 isn't as stable as before?

Apparently the spellchecker is broken too ;)

Or is Sarfari like Colour vs. color?

menthol moose

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2006
So if I buy a brand new ipod touch from the Apple store today, what OS is on the touch? Is it 2.0 or is it 1.1.5?
It's probably 1.1.4, actually. I bet after a few weeks in stores they'll mostly be 2.0. My guess is that you'll never actually see 1.1.5 on a brand new touch, because by the time they run out of stock on the ones that have 1.1.4, they'll all be 2.0 standard.

DsurioN

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
So if I buy a brand new ipod touch from the Apple store today, what OS is on the touch? Is it 2.0 or is it 1.1.5?

They probably still have old stock with 1.1.4 & 1.1.3 on them and will only have new batches in a few weeks (with 2.0). You won't be seeing ipod touches preinstalled with 1.1.5

EDIT: Haha 2 people beat me to it

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
It's probably 1.1.4, actually. I bet after a few weeks in stores they'll mostly be 2.0. My guess is that you'll never actually see 1.1.5 on a brand new touch, because by the time they run out of stock on the ones that have 1.1.4, they'll all be 2.0 standard.

From what I understand firmware v2.0 willnever come on new iPods. This isn't like the january software upgrade. This one is entirely optional, as in no matter what time you buy your iPod you will have to buy the update.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Just curious. I'm already at 2.0.

Did the 1.1.5 update come with the january apps?
Has anyone with a pre 1.1.4 or Jan apps Touch done this update and gotten the january apps new with it?

losiracer3100

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2008
From what I understand firmware v2.0 willnever come on new iPods. This isn't like the january software upgrade. This one is entirely optional, as in no matter what time you buy your iPod you will have to buy the update.

This is what i think too. In the Apple Online store it says sold seperatly, referring to 2.0.
I believe when the Jan software update was released it made mention that all new iPods would ship with the update, this doesn't seem to be the case with 2.0.

!¡ V ¡!

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
This is what i think too. In the Apple Online store it says sold seperatly, referring to 2.0.
I believe when the Jan software update was released it made mention that all new iPods would ship with the update, this doesn't seem to be the case with 2.0.

The iPod Touch and iPhone work the same as when you buy a new Mac, you get the latest OS.

Since :apple: now considers it as 2 OS:

1. Mac OS X and;

2. iPhone OS X.

If you buy an iPod Touch after the release of v2.0 you will get the option of a rebate from the store for the $10.- amount or will be given a gift certificate towards the purchase of v2.0

If you buy the iPod Touch now, you will get either a rebate code if it does not already ship with it. Cheers. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.