Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I had a dream where I bought a iPod Touch and hid it from my parents.

Odd because I'll never even look at one till they're at least 80gb :eek:

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
Somebody went on the NYC subway at 3am to get a touch??? Even I don't want one that bad, lol....

I take the subway late all the time - no problems. In fact, NYC subways generally feel very very safe. Surprisingly so.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
All I want to know is who picked the album art for the box? I mean who is the nobody on the iPod? And why has she been immortalized on every iPod box? Why couldn't they just display the main menu or the Apple logo? I'll never understand why they plaster the likes of U2 and the RHCP all over their iPod packaging. It just looks stupid.

Corinne Bailey Rae is a famous singer songwriter. She has won numerous Grammy's, Brits and Mobo awards. I'm no fan of hers but I don't mind that "Put your record on" track.

timothyjay2004

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
I saw that someone said that they have the different apps from the iphone. If they would, could they post mail, notes, weather, and their calendar to rapidshare.com and post the link here?? That'd be sweet to have them and try stuff when mine comes...

Joedy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mwvodcast/2007/09/ipod_touch_video/index.php OOOH IT's SWEEET, the screen looks great in that vid as well, probably just a "bad" batch for some other ppl !!!

Interesting enough, all of the naysayers out there concerning the Click Wheel might be eating humble pie now.... from the video to me, it seems apparent that one-handed use is rather easy to do.

Now granted, it's not the same a merely feeling for a mechanical button, but all in all, the iPod Touch seems to pull off the actual physical interfacing rather adeptly.

-joedy

Sonofhaig

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2003
Greenvale, NY
If that was the case, I'd think most of these forums would have only about 4 replies. But, isn't that the point of these forums though? A FRANK discussion. No Politically Correct bs. Just straight-up talk. Come on. Sonofhaig wasn't being crass, rude or mean. He just said it like it is. Direct, to-the-point and then - how dare he - he ends it off with a "Thanks Anyway . . ." OMG! He ends it off with some manners.

But seriously, I've seen a lot more rude and mean comments in these forums. Sonofhaig, wasn't one of them. Let's not get too touchy out here people.

Plus, I agree. If you are going to take pictures, I have three words for you.

Focus.
Focus.
Focus.

It's not that we don't appreciate kuebby taking the pictures for us. We do. We really do. But if you ARE going to take pics, at least get us something we haven't seen before (screens and apps that were not shown at the keynote or displayed on the Apple site, etc.). Otherwise, there're nothing but out-of-focus shots of something that looks like an iPod Touch.

Now if you want, you can call me a "Tit" but not Sonofhaig. We was quite polite.

Thank You. I meant no dis-respect. I hesitated about even writing anything because I know some people don't like being critiqued. I was just trying to offer a suggestion for posting things like this in general. Personally, I can even understand the picture quality. Heck I'd be just as excited opening one of these things. "tit" for "tat"...:D

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
WTF!! I ordered mine the day they were announced. Mine should have at least started to ship by now. That pisses me off that people can just go to the stores now and get them when I, who ordered mine early, wont get one for weeks.

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
WTF!! I ordered mine the day they were announced. Mine should have at least started to ship by now. That pisses me off that people can just go to the stores now and get them when I, who ordered mine early, wont get one for weeks.

If you are that pissed, cancel your order and go pick it up at the store. If they haven't shipped it, you can still cancel it.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
You honestly expect those that just picked these things up to have done a comprehensive battery test? :confused:

Actually.. I want to know the answer to that too ! :eek:

lol

c'mon, OP, or whoever, fully charge the thing, and then surfing the net.. let us know the result. hopefully it will last longer than 3 hrs....

Mhaddy

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
Canada
Does anyone know if they are in the Apple Stores in Canada as well? Because I went to one a few days after the keynote but they still didn't have the new Classic/Nanos.

The Eaton Centre Apple store has the new Nanos and Classics, but no Touches. They don't expect to get them in to the end of the month.

cowbellallen

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
I was one of the guys who pre-ordered a 16GB Touch when Steve announced it, so I wasn't expecting it till early October. I just got off the phone with Apple though, because I was going to cancel my preorder. He said that even though my order says that it won't become available until the 28th, my iPod has definitely already been packed and is on it's way to my house.

So, those of you who are also wondering what the deal is, this is probably what is going on with you as well.

acrafton

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2006
My order was still showing the 9/28 date and I cancelled it to pick one up when they come in.

Do we know if they are simply avail sooner or there are limited supplies avail but the bulk is still a few weeks out?

boxandrew

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
Oklahoma, OK
In case anyone else is interested, I just rang the Apple Store in Ala Moana, Hi and they said they had some last night but sold out. They "may" have some more later today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.