Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
What I'm really curious about: does the iPod Touch support streaming audio to an Airport Express AirTunes station? Should be possible...

It should be possible, but currently it's not supported. Maybe with a software-update in the future :).

stuartmingay

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2002
Makes me laugh when people complain about picture quality. The dude just got it and he snapped a few pics. Be glad that he took any time to share something with you.

If it was me, I'd be too busy using it to post anything...

(c'mon apple, ship my online store order...pleasssseeeee!)

... how difficult is it to get in focus exactly? With an autofocus camera phone? Would have taken 30 secs to get decent pictures.

Morsey

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
It should be possible, but currently it's not supported. Maybe with a software-update in the future :).

What about streaming from a Mac to the touch? Can that work, browsing my macs itunes library from the touch?

Would make me feel much happier about the 16gb size limit..

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
????????????????????? So which is it?!?! I hope the one I was working with was just.... having issues?? All I know is that it didn't work until I changed the field to text only.

can anyone else with an iphone verify this. This makes me upset since i wanna get an iphone soon and already know about the problems with mail and gmail

So does it work as long as you have it set to "plain text" as opposed to "rich text".

you can test this in any browser... GMail opperates by default with JavaScript activated... (i'm not sure if iPhone and iPod touch have javascript enabled Safari browser or not)... anyway... if you attempt to load gmail with a browser without JavaScript, you will receive this message:

JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

To use Gmail's basic HTML view, which does not require JavaScript, click here.

If you want to view Gmail on a mobile phone or similar device click here

in other words, Gmail will defiantly work on the iPod Touch...

Sigh, the text box for rich text isn't a normal text box. You have to change to plain text before the iPhone/iPod Touch will let you input text. Macrumors is also affected if you use rich text button that is next to the spell check button.

Also, did anyone else notice the headphones plug isn't recessed on the Touch? Very much something to think about if you hate the stock buds!!!

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
What about streaming from a Mac to the touch? Can that work, browsing my macs itunes library from the touch?

Would make me feel much happier about the 16gb size limit..

Accessing shared iTunes-libraries should be perfectly doable. It's just a quaestion that will that feature get implemented or not.

Parky

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
This question has not been directly answered. Can someone who has one of these say once and for all.

Is it possible to enter events into the calender on the iPod touch? yes/no

It is not possible, the Apple manual clearly says so.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Does anyone know if they are in the Apple Stores in Canada as well? Because I went to one a few days after the keynote but they still didn't have the new Classic/Nanos.

Gee4orce

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2004
Any word of availability in UK Apple stores (the bricks and mortar kind) ?

I almost hope it isn't available yet, because I want to find out what a 16Gb 3G iPhone is going to cost me on tuesday :confused:

LillieDesigns

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Los Angeles
Now that I think about it, I bet Apple isn't shipping Europe's Touches because of the announcement of the iPhone there next week. Jobs is probably gonna roll out an iPhone with a few extra features (3G maybe) and doesn't want chaos like September 5.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
Now that I think about it, I bet Apple isn't shipping Europe's Touches because of the announcement of the iPhone their next week. Jobs is probably gonna roll out an iPhone with a few extra features (3G maybe) and doesn't want chaos like September 5.

3G DEFINITELY. If they launch a none-3G phone in Europe they're arrogant and insane. Our mobile market is light years ahead of the US market.

Foocha

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2001
London
Now that I think about it, I bet Apple isn't shipping Europe's Touches because of the announcement of the iPhone their next week. Jobs is probably gonna roll out an iPhone with a few extra features (3G maybe) and doesn't want chaos like September 5.

I think that this is exactly right. Apple are probably not going to launch iPhone in the UK next week, but they'll announce a launch date and mobile partner. They've been forced to bring forward the announcement so that they don't end up with more disgruntled consumers who "only bought an iPod touch because the iPhone wasn't out" - they'd start to demand store credits...

I'm the kind of sucker who will buy both anyway, so if I see one this weekend on Regents Street, I'll snap it up :)

Gee4orce

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2004
I'm willing to bet that 99% of people use their mobiles solely for phone calls and SMS messaging. The 3G networks have been scrabbling around to find the 'killer app' that will justify the billions they spent on 3G operating licences, let alone begin to recoup some of the cost.

The iPhone is probably going to be first device that even begins to realise the potential of 3G mobiles, what with Google maps, iTunes Wifi Store (can that be used over 3G I wonder ?), email and web browsing. For that reason, yes the iPhone has to be 3G in Europe, but NOT because we're already using 3G for anything useful...

I've had a 3G mobile for probably 4 years now, and what have I ever used it for ? The occasional spot of frustrating web browsing thanks to Opera Mini, and that's it.

acrafton

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2006
Called my local store last night at 8:30

and the lady who answered said no, they don't have any. . .they won't be avail until Sep 28. I told her that store around the country (NYC/FL/CA) already have them. Nope she said, I must be mistaken. . .

Oh well. . .

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Well I survived the subway at 3am and got my touch from the fifth ave store.

To the poster who said the exclusivity with Apple and AT&T is 5 years, I believe it is only 2. If you saw something different from what I saw please post the link. Thanks.

Dude, seriously. Even I don't take the subway after 1am. :)

But good to know they have them!

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
The idiots in marketing that never sleep.

All I want to know is who picked the album art for the box? I mean who is the nobody on the iPod? And why has she been immortalized on every iPod box? Why couldn't they just display the main menu or the Apple logo? I'll never understand why they plaster the likes of U2 and the RHCP all over their iPod packaging. It just looks stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.