Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nismo

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2007
i just tried navigating to gmail, aol mail with my iphone to verify if text entry works. strangely i couldn't enter text in gmail through the iphone and aol mail crashed safari on my iphone several times...

not sure if its still user error, or something not possible on the iphone/ipod touch. but i feel if this was an inherent problem, someone would have noted it already...

can anyone else with an iphone verify this. This makes me upset since i wanna get an iphone soon and already know about the problems with mail and gmail

mian

macrumors member
May 25, 2003
Austin, TX
i just tried navigating to gmail, aol mail with my iphone to verify if text entry works. strangely i couldn't enter text in gmail through the iphone and aol mail crashed safari on my iphone several times...

not sure if its still user error, or something not possible on the iphone/ipod touch. but i feel if this was an inherent problem, someone would have noted it already...

I just tried gmail on my iphone and had to switch to plain text to enter anything in the body of the email.

iPhoneHome

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
The Apple Store around me has them in!!! Im getting one for my girlfriend 2morrow!! I wonder when our iphones will get the wifi store?? Probably Oct. 2nd right??

TitoC

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
I'm sorry. I'm not impressed with the picture quality. If I were taking the time to do this and post the pictures, I'd be sure the images were perfect. Especially since everyone wants to see details and not blurred closeups. Thanks anyway.......

must you make a comment like that? seriously... :rolleyes: people are such tits around here lately. If you don't like the pics then just don't say anything

If that was the case, I'd think most of these forums would have only about 4 replies. But, isn't that the point of these forums though? A FRANK discussion. No Politically Correct bs. Just straight-up talk. Come on. Sonofhaig wasn't being crass, rude or mean. He just said it like it is. Direct, to-the-point and then - how dare he - he ends it off with a "Thanks Anyway . . ." OMG! He ends it off with some manners.

But seriously, I've seen a lot more rude and mean comments in these forums. Sonofhaig, wasn't one of them. Let's not get too touchy out here people.

Plus, I agree. If you are going to take pictures, I have three words for you.

Focus.
Focus.
Focus.

It's not that we don't appreciate kuebby taking the pictures for us. We do. We really do. But if you ARE going to take pics, at least get us something we haven't seen before (screens and apps that were not shown at the keynote or displayed on the Apple site, etc.). Otherwise, there're nothing but out-of-focus shots of something that looks like an iPod Touch.

Now if you want, you can call me a "Tit" but not Sonofhaig. We was quite polite.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Looks nice, but I really hate that they used the scratch magnet back. Ok, I am ready for my iPhone update now. Hopefully now that WiFi iTunes is being used by some they will release the update tonight or tomorrow. Although, if they are adding other new iPhone features I can wait.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ

And here i thought of canceling this beauty because of the stupid calendar. I am going to have so much fun with what it can do.
:)

esbod

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2002
Change in Order

UPDATE

Order Date: Sep 5, 2007 at 12:23 PM PDT

The status has changed from "Not yet shipped" to
"Prepared for Shipment"

Looks like pre-orders are moving along!

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Meh, I called my Apple store and it rang for five minutes and still no one picked up the phone. All I want to know is do I tell my friend to go buy one tonight. (I've got the iPhone already and he wants a Touch, we were going to wait until the $100 rebate thing kicks in for my phone but maybe not).

Edit: someone finally picked up the phone and he said it doesnt come out until the 28th, I told him that other Apple stores around the country have recieved shipments and started selling them, he repeats the 28th (not like I expect different, since I'm reading voice tones and such and not what he is saying). Oh well, call again tomorrow...

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
MD
It's not that we don't appreciate kuebby taking the pictures for us. We do. We really do. But if you ARE going to take pics, at least get us something we haven't seen before (screens and apps that were not shown at the keynote or displayed on the Apple site, etc.). Otherwise, there're nothing but out-of-focus shots of something that looks like an iPod Touch.

I apologize for that bad pictures but I really don't have anywhere good for taking well lit in-focus pictures. My apartment has no areas that are really well lit that I wouldn't need flash. As far as picture subjects, I posted very early in the thread asking what people wanted to see in pictures and as far as I know no one responded.

TitoC

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
I apologize for that bad pictures but I really don't have anywhere good for taking well lit in-focus pictures. My apartment has no areas that are really well lit that I wouldn't need flash. As far as picture subjects, I posted very early in the thread asking what people wanted to see in pictures and as far as I know no one responded.

What camera are you using?

Sorry about the complaints, but it just seems a lot of the images were out of focus, so it was hard to see any details.

Can you take some of the Wi-Fi store App as well as the new Cover Flow stuff?

Let me know if you need any help with some camera tricks as far as getting subjects in tight areas in focus.

One suggestion would be, if you don't have a tripod, to place the camera on a coffee table while having the iPod propped up on another coffee table directly across from the camera. This way you can shoot with a slower shutter speed and not have to shoot with flash. This will take care of the reflection issues you had in some shots as well.

Let me know if you need any other tips.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
What camera are you using?

Sorry about the complaints, but it just seems a lot of the images were out of focus, so it was hard to see any details.

Can you take some of the Wi-Fi store App as well as the new Cover Flow stuff?

Let me know if you need any help with some camera tricks as far as getting subjects in tight areas in focus.

One suggestion would be, if you don't have a tripod, to place the camera on a coffee table while having the iPod propped up on another coffee table directly across from the camera. This way you can shoot with a slower shutter speed and not have to shoot with flash. This will take care of the reflection issues you had in some shots as well.

Let me know if you need any other tips.

Here you go - some better photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72124135@N00/

bluush

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
:mad: well that certainly makes me question buying one... I don't want some gimped ass web browser

Oh wow.. no Gmail? That's huge :/

I already know my store is getting the 16gb ones in tomorrow around 1pm and I was dead set on getting one 'til hearing this. This thing loses a lot of appeal without Gmail capability.

rbroady

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
**posting from my touch**:)

after buying my ipod from the Soho store at around 430, i finally synch up at 12:50!!

Been a busy day but what a great ending, the iTouch is great.

my iTunes Wi-Fi is working, i can preview songs but havent tried to download anything yet.

I can sign into my schools email, so im happy about that, since ive heard other mail clients have had problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.