Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
damn i cant believe they came to stores today! Naturally i didnt see the front page article until 10 minutes before the nearest store to me closes! So i called, and they have a ton of 16gigs. So ill just go get one tomorrow afternoon!

frojas

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2005
Final verdict on Gmail?

So does it work as long as you have it set to "plain text" as opposed to "rich text".

KopThat

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
Mine still says ship by 28th
arrive by 8th October - that's almost a month away !!!
Damn you :apple: and your touchy feely products !!!

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
Ok, as a photographer, invest in a macro lens and just shoot in a well lit room with no flash.

Some of those images were painful.

tell me about it... even cheap digital cams and ultra compacts all have a macro setting...

I want my $100 credit so I can go get one...

right... so you're gonna get the $100 iPhone credit and use it to buy something that you essentially already have...

gotta love consumerism...

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
So does it work as long as you have it set to "plain text" as opposed to "rich text".

you can test this in any browser... GMail opperates by default with JavaScript activated... (i'm not sure if iPhone and iPod touch have javascript enabled Safari browser or not)... anyway... if you attempt to load gmail with a browser without JavaScript, you will receive this message:

JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

To use Gmail's basic HTML view, which does not require JavaScript, click here.

If you want to view Gmail on a mobile phone or similar device click here

in other words, Gmail will defiantly work on the iPod Touch...

yagrax

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2007
post from iPhone

Looks like I can post from my iPhone....

-yagrax, from my iphone's safari browser over home wifi, listening to Teddybears Iggy Pop - Punkrocker on the iPhone's iPod app

KopThat

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
Didn't you hear that Leopard has been delayed indefinitely and we are all moving to iPod Touch.

Just a shame that you can't type in to gmail and create calendar events :cool:

slkartmac

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
Got my ipod touch today screen problems

I just got my touch about five hours ago from the Irvine CA store and I have already noticed 3 dead pixels : / hopefully I can exchange it out this weekend. Also I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with the dark blacks while watching videos almost looks like its a negative when looking at it dead on it seems like I need to tilt the ipod when watching a dark scene. Besides the screen issues everything else is great.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
I just got my touch about five hours ago from the Irvine CA store and I have already noticed 3 dead pixels : / hopefully I can exchange it out this weekend. Also I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with the dark blacks while watching videos almost looks like its a negative when looking at it dead on it seems like I need to tilt the ipod when watching a dark scene. Besides the screen issues everything else is great.

Post pics?

slkartmac

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
photos of blacks during video playback

Sorry for the photo quality... It seems like all my really dark blacks look green I never had this problem with my ipod video.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 421
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 318

McCord9

Suspended
Mar 5, 2003
New York City
Nyc

I was debating getting an iphone/touch all night. Screw ATT. I'll just have to wait until they make it compatible with Verizon... I am off to brave the subways to head to the Manhattan Fifth ave store and pick one of the touches up. (Just called, definitely in stock.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.