Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
facebook app is one of the best facebook apps i have used, and iv used it on alot of devices, iv got the 4s and its never crashed on me once, saying that each person will have a different experience and iv yet to experience the new timeline layout :S

Devil Dog 21

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
Kansas City
I don't think it's that bad at all. The Android version is by far worse in my opinion as it's always getting frozen and force closed. So far no issues for me with the FB app.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
I have the FB app for iOS, Android, and WP. I think they are all pretty bad or just mediocre at best.

The FB on iOS was better back in 2009. A better and easier to navigate layout. I hate the sidebar on the left. The Windows Phone is less cluttered to look out, but also very barren and doesn't update that much. And the Android is like the iOS version, but much worse. Keeps asking me to take a tour when I don't want to. I'd say iOS is the best followed by WP and then Android which is more of a poor man's version from the iOS' version. But they ALL need improvement. None are that good, but can still be useful. It is like the official Twitter app. Not my favorite or the best, but I can still use them esp on WP and Android.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2011
I'm not too fond of the latest update. I like to read the status updates on my iPhone, but in the update it seems they removed the option (show Status Updates or Show ALL Updates) So it's quite a pain in the butt to have to find the status updates. :rolleyes:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Facebook in general isn't that great. their site doesn't work half the time so i don't expect the app to be perfect either. but it is certainly functional most of the time.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
I use both the iPhone (4S) and iPad (2) versions of the app, and I don't have any of the issues people are complaining about. I use both daily and if ever do I have crashes or anything like that.

I do miss not being able to 'post via iPhone' now, but thats not a big deal. I also really like the Facebook messages app (standalone chat) it is zoo much better then the old chat on the app.

lovish

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2011
I loved the ios facebook app and then came my horrible decision of shifting to android... androids facebook app just sucks and ios app is trillion times better and faster then android...

Love is eternal - Albus dumbledore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.