Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Don't see Yosemite OS X on the app store yet.

However, did download Beta 6 today.

Are they one and the same?

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
I sure hope not. I'm having constant freezes and massive battery drain on PB6 vs PB5

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
So I'm very naive about this stuff. I have the Beta (6).

Will I have to do a totally separate upgrade to get the real Yosemite release, do I have it? Or will an upgrade be pushed to me.

Is there any reason I should re-download from scratch?

And how would I do that even if I wanted to (I downloaded the Beta the regular way, no back up or anything like that)

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
You should upgrade :rolleyes:

The latest build number is (14A389) the gm3 has the number (14A388a)

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be an update available for those running the PB. Very confusing.

drew627

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
Beta 6 and AppStore Yosemite have the same version number 14A388b, so no, you don't have to.

patrick001

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
Boston
Beta 6 and AppStore Yosemite have the same version number 14A388b, so no, you don't have to.

The build Apple released today is 14A389, so yes, the user would probably want to update.

----------

Did anyone get the update while using the GM3 (14A388a) build? I haven't got mine yet, but just got 2 notifications for the Numbers and Pages apps.

paulgandersman

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
The build Apple released today is 14A389, so yes, the user would probably want to update.

----------

Did anyone get the update while using the GM3 (14A388a) build? I haven't got mine yet, but just got 2 notifications for the Numbers and Pages apps.

I have the latest public beta and it doesn't show an option to update.... I don't want to have to do a clean wipe in order to get the latest Yosemite on here... any thoughts?

Hotknees

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2014
Queenstown, New Zealand
I think it's a gradual roll out so I'm going to wait a few hours yet.

When I first woke up, no updates were available and over the last couple of hours the iTunes and then iWork update appeared so I'm confident the full release update will appear today.

patrick001

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
Boston
I have the latest public beta and it doesn't show an option to update.... I don't want to have to do a clean wipe in order to get the latest Yosemite on here... any thoughts?

I'm reading in other threads that the GM3 build is the final Yosemite build that was released today, so I don't think there is an update for it. Not sure yet, but will wait for the night and then decide to download the full install from the App Store or just wait for the next update probably a few weeks from now.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
should we maybe try and download the full installer and try installing that?

That's the only way you're going to get it.
There will be no updates from any beta to the final release.
Full install only.
Doesn't have to be a clean install but you do have to download the full 5GB installer.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
I'm reading in other threads that the GM3 build is the final Yosemite build that was released today, so I don't think there is an update for it. Not sure yet, but will wait for the night and then decide to download the full install from the App Store or just wait for the next update probably a few weeks from now.

GM RC3 build number is ending with **388* while GM SR1 official ends with **389*.

So no they are not the same. But I can see where is the confusion from as there is indeed no update showing in MAS for RC3 users. Apple wants us to download the full installer, so that's what I did and that's what you should do, just simply search 'Yosemite' in MAS and download it like any other app, this will give you SR1 (for those confused: "Stable Release 1").

patrick001

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
Boston
GM RC3 build number is ending with **388* while GM SR1 official ends with **389*.

So no they are not the same. But I can see where is the confusion from as there is indeed no update showing in MAS for RC3 users. Apple wants us to download the full installer, so that's what I did and that's what you should do, just simply search 'Yosemite' in MAS and download it like any other app, this will give you SR1 (for those confused: "Stable Release 1").

Cool, thanks for that reply.

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Seems odd that Apple is leaving the Y beta people in the dark as to what to do at this point. Won't they announce either "final update coming?" Or "install the released version on your own"?

egeek84

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Northern California
guys, just open up the App Store and you'll see a giant link to Yosemite taking up half the store space. Download from there and you'll get updated from the latest public beta to GM.

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Wheel, will it replace the beta or do I need to delete the beta separately? And if so how? Thanks ahead of time for answering my dumb questions, but I'm a little lost in this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.