Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I think OP's theory is not that bad. I hate when people intentionally buy a product knowing they're going to return it. It raises the cost for everyone else.

AMEN! (Sorry to you non-believers)

Not to worry, Apple will take care of themselves as they are not stupid.

We all are already paying extra for their liberal return customer service policies so even the person who "thinks" they smell something when opening the box can exchange!

I suspect that Apple will do something to control the "size switchers":p

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That doesn't make any sense. How can something not yet released, nor given a release date be delayed?

Delay in terms of its a staged roll out.
A delay can occur because it fails to meet a schedule even if its not out. A delay can also mean a rollout was postponed.

Delay - a period of time by which something is late or postponed.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Delay in terms of its a staged roll out.
A delay can occur because it fails to meet a schedule even if its not out. A delay can also mean a rollout was postponed.

I know what the word delay means.

I cannot apply to something that has not been announced.

If I announce a concert for February and then say it will be in March, that's a delay.

If everybody says I'm going to have a concert in February and I announce one in March that's not a delay.

When Apple announced Leopard to launch mid-year and then said they needed to push that back to later in the year that's a delay.

When everybody said the iPhone 4S was going to come out at WWDC but it wasn't announced until later in the year that wasn't a delay.

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Most people know if they want a big phone like that or not. I've owned a note 2 and while it's amazing to have a big screen to look at it really is a tad unpractical and you look silly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.