Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
$1999
- $25 discount
no sales tax
= $1,974 out the door

• 5120 x 2880 Screen Resolution
  • 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 (Skylake)
  • 8GB of 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM
  • 2TB Fusion Drive
  • AMD Radeon R9 M380 GPU (2GB GDDR5)
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0

I just want to be certain before pulling the trigger soon that I can't find this or a similarly spec'd iMac for a lower price. I have searched around but I'm asking for those who know more about the Mac buying world than I do.

Thanks!

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
it is a decent deal.
http://prices.appleinsider.com/#Current_Generation
a quick glance shows you can get the same machine with 256 SSD for about the same price, if that is your preference.
unless you shop refurbished. then you can get a lot more. i just got a refurb 3.3 GHz, 2TB, M395, 27" for $25 less than your price, though there was sales tax. i've had it for a couple of days now and so far so good.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
it is a decent deal.
http://prices.appleinsider.com/#Current_Generation
a quick glance shows you can get the same machine with 256 SSD for about the same price, if that is your preference.
unless you shop refurbished. then you can get a lot more. i just got a refurb 3.3 GHz, 2TB, M395, 27" for $25 less than your price, though there was sales tax. i've had it for a couple of days now and so far so good.

Yeah, I can get the same machine, with 256SSD on BHPhoto for the same exact price as the one I quoted above. But I'm more interested in storage space, so I am meeting myself in the middle getting the fusion based drive. Yeah, it's the no sales tax that makes it a sweet deal. I would be paying around $130 in sales tax I believe.

Balthorn

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2016
$1999
- $25 discount
no sales tax
= $1,974 out the door

• 5120 x 2880 Screen Resolution
  • 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 (Skylake)
  • 8GB of 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM
  • 2TB Fusion Drive
  • AMD Radeon R9 M380 GPU (2GB GDDR5)
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0

I just want to be certain before pulling the trigger soon that I can't find this or a similarly spec'd iMac for a lower price. I have searched around but I'm asking for those who know more about the Mac buying world than I do.

Thanks!
I am wondering the same thing.

I am looking at the exact same Mac and am looking to make my decision.

My only question is how would the M380 be for everyday use? I don't game, but I want a card that is going to work well.

Also, what is the difference between the 3.2 and 3.3 ghz i5?

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I'm dying to get this machine. I need to save up a little more, maybe another month or two max. Waiting sucks! :)

Balthorn

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2016
I'm dying to get this machine. I need to save up a little more, maybe another month or two max. Waiting sucks! :)
I'm quite interested in it too but I can't find any information on the graphics card.

I see many people recommending the M395 but I would rather not spend the money on it if I don't have to.

Is the M380 fine for normal use? I won't be gaming.

Balthorn

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2016
Of course.

If you're not doing anything that relies on the GPU for performance, liking gaming then the M380 is fine.
Thank you.

That is good because I am planning on getting it just for home use. I've never even opened Photoshop before.

I'm thinking I'll skip upgrading the graphics card as it doesn't seem like I'll even notice any difference if I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.