Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GRANTCKING

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
is it just me or there has there been hardly any leaks/hype/anticipation for the new phone which is now what only 6 weeks from arrival?

Reactions: Demo Kit

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
I have been thinking the same thing for a while. Remember all of those countless iPhone 5c leaked shells and even the iPad Air's leaked shell many months before it was released?

Maybe they really are doubling-down on secrecy?

Reactions: aristobrat

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
I mean to be honest I highly doubt I'd be upgrading to an iPhone 6s considering I have a iPhone 6+, from what I've seen I don't think its worth the upgrade, but as I've said before unless there is something in the woodwork that we don't know off then I'd upgrade.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
This event does seem to be a bit quiet on the leak front, especially considering a "credible" source has said there will also be iPad's at the same event. However i doubt it but i could be wrong and Apple could be improving security to prevent leaks.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
excitement is gone. Apples planted leaks took care of that.
Don't expect too much new from the 6S and you won't be disappointed.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like a few leaks just today. And a few more at the end of last week.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Seems like a normal year to be honest. Everything's exposed already. We even saw high resolution images of the 6S rear shell already.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
In relation to the last year, it is very quiet, in comparison to prior years maybe not as much. I think there was pent up demand, and desire for a larger phone so people lapped up every bit of rumor, tidbit and news about it last year. This being a S cycle year, many people realize not much will change in terms of the form factor, so I think its a bit laid back

Reactions: willmtaylor

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
In relation to the last year, it is very quiet, in comparison to prior years maybe not as much. I think there was pent up demand, and desire for a larger phone so people lapped up every bit of rumor, tidbit and news about it last year. This being a S cycle year, many people realize not much will change in terms of the form factor, so I think its a bit laid back

Phone wise I agree, there have been a few leaks and like you say it's probably more laid back because it's a s model. But considering there is suppose to be a new device ie the iPad Pro we haven't seen any leaks, even tho it will probably be October before it is announced I would of thought there would of been leaks starting to come out surrounding it.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Always less rumours about the xS iPhones.. probably as the improvements are not typically around the hardware.
Software leaks are less common.

Regarding iPads, I would assume the leack of any big rumours/leaks would suggest only small updates this year.

Apple TV is another matter.. I am surprised there have been no hardware leaks on this, if it really is to be a new model unleashed next month.

Reactions: Blujelly

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Always less rumours about the xS iPhones.. probably as the improvements are not typically around the hardware.
Software leaks are less common.

Regarding iPads, I would assume the leack of any big rumours/leaks would suggest only small updates this year.

Apple TV is another matter.. I am surprised there have been no hardware leaks on this, if it really is to be a new model unleashed next month.

Except the iPad Pro is rumoured to be out this year, unless Apple are not considering it a new device. At this point it's all rumour and guesses but i'm really hoping the iPad Pro exists and will be released this year!!!!

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
I think that folks are growing tired of the latest/greatest hype and realize that little from year to year changes what they experience in their day-to-day phone usage. Perhaps it's not so much fewer leaks as it is less interest in reposting things in forums. I don't know--just a guess.

Regardless, I'm planning to move up from my 4S that I bought new in 2011, so I'm interested in news of the expected 6S. Like others, I'm not expecting much improvement over the 6, but I'll probably buy a 6S because I intend to use it for the next four or five years.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
There aren't many I've noticed. Like others have pointed out, the S models almost always have less leaks/rumors. Someone could just take apart their iPhone 6 and take pictures of it with a low-res camera, and send it into websites as "leaks" of the new iPhone 6s. Design changes are usually what drives rumors, so S models have less.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I was hoping to see a leaked pink or rose gold shell by now. And to know for sure if the 6s has 2GB RAM and OIS. As a 6Plus owner looking to downsize but not downgrade in specs, I am eager to know about these details in advance.

I would also like to have an idea of the battery capacity for the 6s. The one rumor of the new battery having less capacity made me grumpy.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I was hoping to see a leaked pink or rose gold shell by now. And to know for sure if the 6s has 2GB RAM and OIS. As a 6Plus owner looking to downsize but not downgrade in specs, I am eager to know about these details in advance.

I would also like to have an idea of the battery capacity for the 6s. The one rumor of the new battery having less capacity made me grumpy.
Even if there were some leaks about those things it wouldn't really mean that's what it would be for sure until Apple announces it all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.