Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I disagree. Vista was beautiful at the time. The UI was well-crafted with lots of attention to detail. I actually used a theme when I still had XP, because I couldn’t stand the garish blue colour theme of XP anymore (the green and dark-grey themes weren’t much better)..
I never liked the look/feel of vista at all and if you remember it was like 5 years in the making where MS promised the world and as the rolled on, more and more features were cut until basically there was not much left. The name also landed with a thud with users, the internal name longhorn was much better received.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I never liked the look/feel of vista at all and if you remember it was like 5 years in the making where MS promised the world and as the rolled on, more and more features were cut until basically there was not much left. The name also landed with a thud with users, the internal name longhorn was much better received.

I suppose then that you don’t like Windows 7 and Windows 8 (desktop UI not ‘Modern UI’) either? They’ve kept most of Vista’s UI, including icons and buttons, visual components, animations and typefaces. The most obvious changes were the window chrome becoming less transparent and glossy and the menu bar becoming bigger.

Despite the visual style, I find it difficult to accept that it’s not qualitatively better than everything that came before on Windows. Even OS X went through such phases, becoming qualitatively better over time.

That overexcitement for products is typical of both Microsoft and Apple. Although Apple was usually a bit more secretive in advance.

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
I just want to point out that I REALLY HATE users like you in this forum.
You act like I'm dissing your entire life with your passive aggressiveness.

Pls don't post on here unitl your period has left your body. With that eye roll, I hope your eyes roll right to sides and never go back.

I was merely seeking opinions, for people to help give me their views. You on the other hand are as helpless as your eye rolling. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This forum is so toxic, you cannot even say anything constructive because the people will immediately feel like their existence is being attacked. You are almost no different than the hormonal raging teenagers of diablo 3 forums.

Apple survives despite their most loyal fans. Only when they do something that pisses off this faction are they able to move forward. If Apple listened to them it would ultimately lead to their demise. People should be more open to the notion that Apple is wrong, a lot. Sometimes they get it incredibly right, but they do make a lot of mistakes. Yosemite should run better than in does. I should be able to pan a friggin' PDF without losing my mind (both retina and non Macs). I should be able to flip between workspaces effortlessly like I can in Win10. These are valid criticisms and Apple and its blind fans should hear them. Apple can do better and we'd love to see that.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
it's the first OS X upgrade since 10.0 that has been so frustrating that I've gone back to the previous OS. I've tried upgrading to Yosemite twice now, and it just flat out doesn't work right. UI lag, photos that disappear in the new app, random freezes and app lock ups. I tried when it first came out in October and the graphics slowdown made me go back to Mavericks. Tried again this weekend, and if anything the experience has been even worse. I've used macs since OS 7 (not OS 10.7, OS 7), and 10.0 and 10.10 have been the worst user experiences by far. Disappointing to say the least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.