Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
Is anyone else having problems with Feedback Assistant? I frequently get upload failed errors that I have to try again to send, one of my issues that I reported with the USPS Mobile app crashing every time I schedule a pickup keeps saying upload failed (and won't allow me to upload it despite numerous tries), etc.

Now I have two serious bugs that I would like to report (both involving complete crashes requiring reboot of my iPhone 6S) that are both stuck on "compressing."

Apple should have perfected their bug reporting app before asking people to report bugs. It's hard to report them when there are so many issues. Maybe I'm the only one having problems with it.

Bromio

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Is anyone else having problems with Feedback Assistant? I frequently get upload failed errors that I have to try again to send, one of my issues that I reported with the USPS Mobile app crashing every time I schedule a pickup keeps saying upload failed (and won't allow me to upload it despite numerous tries), etc.

Now I have two serious bugs that I would like to report (both involving complete crashes requiring reboot of my iPhone 6S) that are both stuck on "compressing."

Apple should have perfected their bug reporting app before asking people to report bugs. It's hard to report them when there are so many issues. Maybe I'm the only one having problems with it.

You can delete the diagnostic files before submitting the bug. Also, you can use the bug report website.

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2013
Don't worry you're not the only one who's frustrated by the utter crap that they're feedback app is on the beta. I have experienced those exact bugs that you refer to and worse when sometimes I almost finishing a report and the piece of crap just goes ahead and erases all of it making have to start up again.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/feedback-app-not-working.1985196/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/feedback-app-fails-when-reporting-bugs.1986123/

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
For me as of dev beta 5 my diagnostic file has ballooned to 18gb so now it won't send

Bromio

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
For me as of dev beta 5 my diagnostic file has ballooned to 18gb so now it won't send

I guess the reporting files are so big the app simply cannot send them. That's why deleting the diagnostic data allows you submit the bugs though incomplete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.