Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I missed Netshare and was sad forever. Just picked this up and tried it out on windows.

Here's Speedtest Results:
[url=http://www.speedtest.net/result/1618611092.png]Image[/URL]

Lol, turn off WIFI on your iPhone. You're still using your ISP (Roadrunner) to achieve that result. It will apparently share any connection your iPhone currently has, including WIFI. I found this out with my first speed test, which ran at 12mbps, way above what AT&T offers in this area, even with my speedier iPhone 4S.

Jugney

macrumors member
May 6, 2008
Sorry for posting so many questions, but at least here's one that hasn't already been answered...

Just to be sure, if my phone happens to become connected to Wifi, will the computer draw from that connection rather than 3g?

EDIT: Wow, talk about a "zeitgeist"! Even that question got answered before I could finish typing it!

nooboob

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
Just downloaded, however, I got a question about this:

Lets say Apple pulls this from their stores after I completed the purchase. However, I decide to buy a new Mac. Will I be able to re-download it as part of my Itunes account on the new Mac?

pumpkinwhite

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2006
I believe AT&T sent out warning notices to people who used PDANet or other tethering apps. They might do the same with this app. Most probably they will add a $30 tethering charge to the bill after a warning.

I did purchase it though. Worth the risk if light occasional use doesn't make them charge us immediately. As another person mentioned, use it sparingly and with discretion.

Pumpkin King

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
I'll just chime in to say that it works great. It took all of 1 minute to get up and running too. Get it while it's hot.

Hopefully AT&T doesn't ruin the fun since I'll probably use this once or twice a month, tops.

1618618967.png

jdovejr

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Works on iPad

First Gen iPad with unlimited data plan!!!!

Posting this through it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 12.35.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 12.35.07 AM.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 161

automan98

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
AT&T Detecting Usage

I purchased this with the hope that ATT won't detect. I had purchased myfi way back when and ATT discovered my infrequent usage within two or three days. We'll see what happens....

futch

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
When I load the program on my Mac I am getting "The application tproxy quit unexpectedly" and when I click relaunch or relaunch from the application icon I keep getting the same message. Any ideas?

Jugney

macrumors member
May 6, 2008

Lets say Apple pulls this from their stores after I completed the purchase. However, I decide to buy a new Mac. Will I be able to re-download it as part of my Itunes account on the new Mac?

Should be able to no problem. So far, Apple hasn't messed with already downloaded apps to my knowledge, all it's done is remove apps from the store.

David085

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Don't own a iPhone yet, still holding off for a iPhone 5, and whenever I can afford the payment for the monthly cost. will go with Verizon.

pumpkinwhite

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2006

Yes. As long as you keep the ipa file stored in the itunes folder. Just transfer that file to the new computer. I do the same for apps like 'VLC Player' and 'Full Fitness' which have been pulled from the app store.

Jugney

macrumors member
May 6, 2008
I'm a little concerned that I dropped $15 on an app so easily.

What comforted me in my decision was the knowledge that I've been able to get refunds on app purchases in the past when I've requested one (once or twice before) through the support/contact form through iTunes.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
I'm a little concerned that I dropped $15 on an app so easily.

hahaha
Me too, but hey, it's $15 bucks. We can survive that.:D
Luckily I will only need this maybe 3 days a month when I travel and just for surfing the net without major downloads. Hopefully AT&T will not find out. Gotta use that unlimited plan.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Backgrounding

Just fyi, this app does not continue to push bits while backgrounded on iOS. Must have the app open front and center.

AJH1993

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Verizon won't cut you off. I've been tethering my HTC Thunderbolt LTE phone to my laptop for almost a year now w/o paying for it, and have gotten no cease letters/extra charges. That's cause Verizon isn't greedy like crappy AT&T

nooboob

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
Just fyi, this app does not continue to push bits while backgrounded on iOS. Must have the app open front and center.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like a good thing. (Won't be transferring data when you're unknowingly using it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.