Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
Invizzible said:

Go to Apples' site in the download section and use "QuickTime 7.0.1 Reinstaller for QuickTime 7.0.2".

Repair permissions.

Restart.

If that doesn't solve the problem......:mad: I don't know
what to tell you. :eek:

Invizzible

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Didn't work. Problem still exists. Man this is weird. I wonder if I'm gonna have to reinstall the OS. I used Tinkertool to display my hidden files, and I still can't find Supportedapps.txt. I don't understand any of this. I really don't wanna have to reinstall OS X, so I guess I'll try throwing out everything with "iTunes" in its name (except of course for my iTunes library), and then try reinstalling iTunes 5.0 once again. Sheesh.

Invizzible

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
I FIXED IT!!!!!!!

I opened up Digidesign Core Audio Setup (didn't even know that existed, never used it or saw it before) and removed iTunes from the list of applications that it supported, and PRESTO!! iTunes now opens. Whew! Of course the most important thing is now I can continue to brag to my Windows friends about how I've never had to reinstall OS X. :cool:

As for Digidesign...I've had soooooo many problems with their clunky software...how 'bout we all crap in a box and send it to them? C'mon, who's up for it? :D

thewitches

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2005
itunes 5/ Core Audio Problem

Invizzible said:
I FIXED IT!!!!!!!

I opened up Digidesign Core Audio Setup (didn't even know that existed, never used it or saw it before) and removed iTunes from the list of applications that it supported, and PRESTO!! iTunes now opens. Whew! Of course the most important thing is now I can continue to brag to my Windows friends about how I've never had to reinstall OS X. :cool:

As for Digidesign...I've had soooooo many problems with their clunky software...how 'bout we all crap in a box and send it to them? C'mon, who's up for it? :D

Hey there,
I just had exactly the same problem Invizzible. I downloaded the new itunes 5.0.1 last week and it was running fine and then all of a sudden it just stopped working this morning. Same as you, it launched, the itunes icon was there but it didnt appear. Soooooooooo after endless searching I came accross your string. I'm using the Digidesign Mbox with Logic 7. So took a look in the Digidesign Core Audio Setup, removed iTunes from the list of applications and wham bam iTunes boots.
It plays fine through my internal speakers now but my next question is this. How do i get it playing through my digidesign soundcard again? Ive tried readding it in the list of spported applications and it does the same thing. just refuses to launch. I take it out and its fine again.
If I reinstall an earlier iTunes will it be fine again? Has anyone found a fix yet ?
HEELLLP !

Invizzible

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Unfortunately, I can't help with that. I don't use my Digidesign hardware for anything except Pro Tools. It would be nice to get that working, but Digidesign's software has always given me problems, so I've avoided trying to get it to do anything other than what I absolutely need it to do. If anyone does have a solution though, I'd love to hear what it is.

thewitches

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2005
digidesign core audiodriver & itunes 5

FYI finally found out what the problem was. Its actually the core audio driver for digidesign. The latest driver 6.9 has problems running with itunes 5. There should be a new driver out soon but for the time being what Ive done is reinstalled the old driver for now and it works fine.
That was of course after I had to do a complete system optimize and uninstall/reinstall of Protools. Thankfully, I didnt have to reinstall Logic Pro 7, which is what I use.
Digidesign get your **** together !!!!! :mad:
over&out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.