Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pants Dragon

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2006
Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere. I always have my preferences set to use a shopping cart in the store. No accidental one-click purchase "oops, Apple just got richer" for me! :rolleyes:

But the preference was mysteriously reset to use one-click after upgrading. Bug or insidious new "feature"?

I don't know about you, but I love one-click. It still prompts me for a password when I buy click "Buy song", so I've never accidentally bought anything.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Airtunes - Dropouts. Things were pretty much rock solid pre-8. Now every once in a while it'll chop up and drop sound, and then come back.

I have that same problem and figured out that (for me) it's due to downloads happening in the background. Could you maybe test whether that's true for you also ? (I've made a thread about it, but just now saw your post)

(a good 'test object' is the Apple-keynotes-podcast )

schmidty11

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Crashes when it is importing album artwork thumbnails.

My iTunes crashes when it is importing album artwork thumbnails when the app is first opened the first time.

Does anybody know what to do?

Thanks.

nicholass1

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
- It just crashed whilst playing a song and won't even quit through "Force quit" grrrrr

I've been having this problem basically every time I open up iTunes and it is absolutely ridiculous. I can't even revert to downloading and using an older version of iTunes without iTunes saying that my library cannot be opened because it was created using iTunes 8. Ridiculous.

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
Store Links - Clarify Please

Really can't stand the damn store links, which is what gets turned off 1st after an upgrade.

Are they really welded on now?

:eek:

Negative Deal breaker if they are!! :mad:

iMeat

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Ok this may be a dumb question, but where did the ministore at the bottom go after upgrade? Is thier a way to turn this back on?

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
I've found two annoyances with the update to version 8.0:

1. When I minimise iTunes into the top corner of my desktop so that it just shows the controls and who's playing - which my 'default' way of using iTunes - and then press the little green button to bring it back to a full view it stays at the back of all the opened apps instead jumping to the front.
  2. It displays all of podcasts normally in 'List View', however when it's in 'Grid View' in splits different episodes of the same podcast into two separate album covers (example below).

Whilst neither bug is The End of the World™, they are proving to be bloody annoying, especially the first one. :mad:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 51

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
Does anybody have the problem that they plug in their iPhone, the symbol on the left shows up, but it you click on it, nothing happens and the right screen stays the same as it was before (iTunes Store or playlist or whatever it just shows)??? No tabs with synchronization tabs?? :eek:

Trajectory

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2005
Earth
Really can't stand the damn store links, which is what gets turned off 1st after an upgrade. Are they really welded on now?

It appears they are, unless you do that Terminal thing. There was a time when you could turn the whole iTunes Store off completely in iTunes. But, gradually Apple has "forced" this on users, and now it can't be easily turned off without fidgeting with the prefs files.

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona
Mine won't update apps anymore with version 8, when I tried to update the apps it made me sign up for Genius and then proceeded to not download any updates, nor will it after a restart. It's also saying that I have 8 updates available when just before I updated, there were none.

Great way to get us to register the lame ass genius option that we don't want. Make us do it to get our updates, and then don't have any updates available to download. Awesome.

I've always loved Apple. Everything they've released since iPhone 2.0 has been a disgrace. Those problems alone (even though they're not related) have changed my mind about buying a macbook. I'll stick with my crappy dell until a touch tablet comes out... Even then, Apple has to win me back as a customer.

g18e7

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
itunes8 and remote speakers

Yup. iTunes 8 killed my remote speaker connection.
adding iTunes to my firewall (even though i don't turn it on) fixed the problem.

have not experienced any other issues with 8

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
1) Close the iTunes window.
2) Select a different app (ie click on the desktop)
3) Cmd+Tab back to iTunes

this is what I get. reproducibly.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    379.8 KB · Views: 75

me3head

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Multiple TV shows

When you download TV shows in HD, you get an SD and and HD copy.

I wish that iTunes hid this from you so that you only see one copy in the library, and it automatically used the correct one on the correct device.

To make matters worse, Front Row shows both of them, and there is NO DIFFERENCE, not even an HD badge!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
1) Close the iTunes window.
2) Select a different app (ie click on the desktop)
3) Cmd+Tab back to iTunes

this is what I get. reproducibly.

Doesn't do that at all for me. If I close the iTunes window and go to another app, then Command-Tab back to iTunes, the iTunes menu bar comes up, but the window doesn't open. Same result if I minimize the iTunes window, too. No white "ghost" where iTunes was. Works completely as designed. Maybe you have something off with your display settings?

macsForLife

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
For me, every time I turn off the machine (over night, etc) and then turn it back on, and log on the next day, it takes 3 tries to open, and then acts like it is the first time it is being opened every single time, and then Genius has to scan the library, AGAIN, and it just sucks when all I want to do is listen to music. Please come soon 8.1!

midwest303

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Automatically renamingtracks with track number then name

Big bug for me -- itunes 8 is renaming all my tracks 7000+ with track number then track name. You could turn this off in 7 but now there is no option. My chronosync to my external hd is making duplicates of everything.

7.7 - trackname.mp3
8.0 - 01 trackname.mp3

Major bug- any hints to turn this off?

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
-iTunes Store is 2x slower than it normally is
-TV Seasons out of order when in Thumbnail view (not iTunes purchases, only info on Video tab
-No option of putting video in bottom left corner where artwork is (really annoying for me when i'm trying to watch a TV Show wen categorizing stuff)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.