Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bakey

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2003
O Donny Boy
stuBCN75 said:
I English but now live in Barcelona.

When do you think it will be available in Spain ?

I have a UK bank account and billing address i can use. Can i still shop in the ITMS UK store ?

Does the ITMS know that i am in Spain and not in the UK ?

forgive me if these are stupid questions :)

Not a stupid question at all my friend; I would assume you could use the iTMS UK store as iTunes has always stated the need for a US billing address, ie. your not physically in the US but can still purchase due to the funds being in a US bank account/credit card. So with this I would guess the UK store [and the rest] will work in the same manner.

HTH!! [Hope I'm right!!!!]

Jack White

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
England
At present only in three European Union states: UK, France and Germany. Expansion then probably in the autumn into other countries, one works on it, thus jobs.

stuBCN75

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2004
Barcelona & Bristol(UK)
Bakey said:
Not a stupid question at all my friend; I would assume you could use the iTMS UK store as iTunes has always stated the need for a US billing address, ie. your not physically in the US but can still purchase due to the funds being in a US bank account/credit card. So with this I would guess the UK store [and the rest] will work in the same manner.

HTH!! [Hope I'm right!!!!]

just launched iTunes and had a look at the store.

:-( no joy !

it says that iTunes is not available in my country. anyway of getting ITMS thinking i am in the UK and not in Spain ?

just downloading iTunes 4.6, see if that makes any difference.

Colonel Panik

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
stuBCN75 said:
it says that iTunes is not available in my country. anyway of getting ITMS thinking i am in the UK and not in Spain ?

just downloading iTunes 4.6, see if that makes any difference.

If you do manage to convince it that you have a UK billing address, then you'll have to pay the conversion fees for Euro into Pounds. Much better, methinks, to try the FR or DE store.

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
josepho said:
Are you guys actually on it??

It still says to me you need a US billing address.... EEK!

nah - just refreshing that german site - presumably it won't be far off tho'.

79p is a great price. at the end of the day, if you can get a cd for £10-£12 in an independent record store (or even virgin at the moment) they really did have to come in under that, and £7.99 for an album, if it includes new releases, and old stuff that for whatever reason remains at £15-17 in the high street, then thats definitely hitting that sweet spot for me.

Iain

Jack White

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
England
danieluk said:
Aren't albums at CDWOW £8.49?

79p is a great price point, beats Napster, even with their crappy subscription offer!

yes, but i'd rather pay the extra £1 (they're 8.99) and get the real thing.

stuBCN75

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2004
Barcelona & Bristol(UK)
Colonel Panik said:
If you do manage to convince it that you have a UK billing address, then you'll have to pay the conversion fees for Euro into Pounds. Much better, methinks, to try the FR or DE store.

i am english but moved here (barcelona) a few months ago. i have a uk account and billing address.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Why no update to apple.com/uk ??? iTunes Should be all over it by now !!! 12 pm Launch????????????? i hope so my flexable friend is waiting!

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
liketom said:
Why no update to apple.com/uk ??? iTunes Should be all over it by now !!! 12 pm Launch????????????? i hope so my flexable friend is waiting!

Try your iTunes - It's there!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.