Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Some stuff comes up with the message 'this is temporarily unavailable' (well words to that effect). Will try again later lol.

Sequin

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
Honest, innocent question: how do you get new music?

If a new song/album comes out that I really like, I'll buy it.

The internet is a magical place. Most albums leak online before they are even released.

wolfshades

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I'm yelling at my 3GS iPhone but....

"SIRI! GET ME THE ICLOUD"

"SIRI! WAKE UP BITCH!"

"SIRI—"

"I'm sorry but I'm not active yet because you haven't purchased a 4S iPhone."

finalcut

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Quebec, Canada
yes it is working, unfortunately, I thought you could "upgrade" any songs in your library, and not only the songs purchased from iTunes. I have a bunch of rip CDs from my own collection downstairs and thought I could upgrade with better sound quality. I've got some old rips with bad quality because I ripped them so many years ago with crappy software

Michaelhuisman

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Netherlands
I think you're using the US iTunes store. The Dutch store, everything's in Dutch.

I don't know why it's not working for you guys. I'm here in the Netherlands as well, and it definitely works for me. I'm also on the latest iOS 4 version, from my iPod Touch. This screenshot shows my iPod downloading a song automatically after I downloaded it on my MacBook Pro.

When you purchase items, are the prices in dollars or euros?

richofthenorth

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
Is this a shock?

I hope no one is confusing this with iTunes Match. as that is a while off international roll out i think?

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California

Just a friendly heads up. It's trolling if you enter a "+1" as you have above.

I didn't know this until I did the same thing, then got a warning from the mods.

So be careful, the rules are strictly enforced.

Perhaps it's viewed as excessive enthusiasm :)

TheNumberJ

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Just a friendly heads up. It's trolling if you enter a "+1" as you have above.

I didn't know this until I did the same thing, then got a warning from the mods.

So be careful, the rules are strictly enforced.

Perhaps it's viewed as excessive enthusiasm :)

I don't think that is trolling. It's more like giving your support to the post, but using very few words, and bumping the topic. It's for those of us who are lazy. Like me.

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
iDeaded myself
I hope no one is confusing this with iTunes Match. as that is a while off international roll out i think?

Correct. Apple is still trying to negotiate. I think they are coming up against some resistance in the EU, and not surprisingly. It's a terrible idea for the music industry to take short term cash in advance that goes against everything they have been educating people in regards to piracy.

Werner

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Germany working with US Store

I get the purchased button in Germany when I log on to the US iTunes store with US Apple ID

jorikc

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
When you purchase items, are the prices in dollars or euros?

I can confirm it is not working for the Dutch iTunes Store on my iPhone 4. I think whammink is using a non-Dutch ID and is logging into a non-Dutch store, UK or US maybe? Even if iOS is set to English, the iTunes store of the Netherlands store is in Dutch language and the App is clearly in English in his screenshot.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I can confirm it is not working for the Dutch iTunes Store on my iPhone 4. I think whammink is using a non-Dutch ID and is logging into a non-Dutch store, UK or US maybe? Even if iOS is set to English, the iTunes store of the Netherlands store is in Dutch language and the App is clearly in English in his screenshot.

I noticed that as well. The iTunes App has an independent language from the language setting in iOS itself. The screenshot clearly shows that this is not a Dutch iTunes Store. iTunes in the Cloud is neither working on iOS 5 or iTunes 10.5. The option is just not available.

satkin2

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
Hide purchases

It's working for me in the UK. What's best is that it appears a hide option has been made available for purchases too.

I found this accidentally by swiping sideways on a track and hide appeared. I tried it on Apps too, so you can now remove the Apps that you downloaded and sucked and they won't show on your list.

It's a little cross on the Mac App Store too. Don't know if I'm late finding this, but useful non the less. :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ireland has itunes in the cloud!

IRELAND HAS ITUNES IN THE CLOUD! IN IRELAND IN IRELAND! We can download pre-purchased music! Woot! #geekingout

Which is grand, but really I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some iBookstore content and iTunes Match before 2012...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.