Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Car forums are loaded with guys who are arrogant know-it-all bastards whom crave recognition. I can excape all of that by coming to MacRumors. I love this place. :)

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Car forums are loaded with guys who are arrogant know-it-all bastards whom crave recognition. I can excape all of that by coming to MacRumors. I love this place. :)
Where are the :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: in your post?

Oh, wait. Silly me. It's so obvious you don't even need them.
Ahh... I always miss the things right under my nose....

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I reckon you're pretty brave making a thread to gauge how we feel about your persona. I know I'd never do it because I probably couldn't handle the flack. As is the nature of forums, some of our posts just seem to rub people up the wrong way, and there's not always all that much we can do about it. Having said that, I like you and your contributions to MacRumors. I agree though that this forum is set up well for people to show their nicest sides, and it is a very friendly place. :)

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
I reckon you're pretty brave making a thread to gauge how we feel about your persona. I know I'd never do it because I probably couldn't handle the flack.
To paraphrase Oscar, the only thing worse than having a bad reputation at MR is the rest of the members not knowing who the f@ck you are... :p

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
I think I've maxed out whatever benefit I was getting from that site anyway. I want to learn more about engine management systems. I want to learn more about the real time scanners that interface with the car's onboard computer.

Most of those guys on there usually just end up having corroded battery cables or some other mundane culprit. I already know enough about the mechanical aspects of a car; why can't they ever talk about powertrain control systems? That's where the real action is. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.